Is anyone else still not sold on Cormier?

Lol, at the people that are buying into the Manchurian fighter known as dc. Wait a second. I am going to go to the old folks home grab a guy that is a lot smaller than me and toss him around. That should make me an instant contender for the belt. Everyone knows this fight should not of happened. This is danas way of fast tracking chumps to title shots. It is ok though, because waiting for this pretender at the end of the road is Jon Jones who will rag doll him and bust him up. dc will not make it out of the third round with Jones.

I stopped reading when you said Jones would rag doll Cormier.

Lol, at the people that are buying into the Manchurian fighter known as dc. Wait a second. I am going to go to the old folks home grab a guy that is a lot smaller than me and toss him around. That should make me an instant contender for the belt. Everyone knows this fight should not of happened. This is danas way of fast tracking chumps to title shots. It is ok though, because waiting for this pretender at the end of the road is Jon Jones who will rag doll him and bust him up. dc will not make it out of the third round with Jones.

Sherdog logic

Chump = Undefeated fighter with 15 fights across two divisions with 10 finishes, NCAA runner up losing to Cael Sanderson. 5 x US world wrestling team member, 4th in one olympic games and captained the national team in another. 2 x MMA title holder and Strikeforce HW grand prix champ.

Im not even a big DC fan, but seriously, you are fucking deluded.

He probably didn't wanna just try to KO him in the 1st round. He wanted to completely dominate him every round until the submission finally came.

Is this like how Weidman's untested, despite having dethroned the divisional GOAT and successfully defended against him?

Considering Dan has not looked good in a fight in a long time, almost never having the speed to catch an opponent with a big shot any more and was knocked out basically walking into it and caught Shogun in a fight he was losing, I really didn't think DC could impress me with a win. Especially when I expected him to just play it very conservatively. I was glad he was much more aggressive than I thought he would be and despite having a size advantage, he is showing that he still has the ability to rag-doll people that you don't see getting manhandled very often and that he got the finish.

Still, the odds were 10:1. It looked impressive no doubt but at those odds it normally is supposed to. He will be fighting the winner of two guys with very good TD defense, a huge reach advantage, and great striking. And the speed factor won't be nearly as big. I am more sold that the weight-drop isn't going to hurt him. But Gus and Jones are elite. JDS looks unstoppable until Cain. Barao looked unstoppable until TJ and that was a shock. The first "Machida Era" ended quickly. And there are a lot of very good fighters that get beat pretty handily by the few elite ones. Is DC one of the elite? He may be. Had he done that to 'Shad I would know the answer is yes. But I'm not ready to go crazy because at LHW he beat Cummings and dominated a fight he was a 10:1 favorite it. His next fight should should show if he is elite. so, sold on Cormier as far as what? I don't think it has ever been a question that he good. But did that fight convince me he is great? No. Even though he may be.

Something other than you know, just laying on top of a guy who probably weighs a good 20+ pounds less than him?

All I saw was a man who would make a really nice duvet.

Yeah it's really sad when a good wrestler just takes advantage of a non wrestler and just holds them down not inflicting any damage and stalls for a decision victory...

Oh wait a minute. What's that? Henderson is an olympic wrestler himself. Oh. And his face looked like hamburger meat, broken nose, bad hematoma on his cheek. ok. And he choked him unconscious after launching him through the air several times slicing through his guard like butter many times and attempting numerous submissions. Maybe what I said originally was full of shit, just like you TS.

Sherdog logic

Chump = Undefeated fighter with 15 fights across two divisions with 10 finishes, NCAA runner up losing to Cael Sanderson. 5 x US world wrestling team member, 4th in one olympic games and captained the national team in another. 2 x MMA title holder and Strikeforce HW grand prix champ.

Im not even a big DC fan, but seriously, you are fucking deluded.

Dude , don't you most posters on Sherdog are 6'7 260lbs world class powerlifters and boxers with 4th degree BJJ blackbelt, All American level wrestling, stronger than Brock, faster than Fedor and holding a 500-0 like streetfighting records with 500 wins coming by way of knockout ? ( and banging a different 10/10 every night that God's make )

DC has nothing for your typical SD poster !

To me, it just seems like he has great wrestling and not much else going for him. He's horrendously overhyped based on a few highlight reel slams and a knockout of Bigfoot.

He's basically nothing but a blanket, whether its pushing Mir and Nelson against the cage or lying on top of Henderson. I can see any fighter with a good standup and a decent submission game having a very easy time with him. So far, in his UFC career in particular, he has fought people with one glaring weakness and just played against that.

Mir has poor standup but a great ground game, so Cormier forces him against the cage and stays away from the floor. Nelson has a powerful right hand and no plan b, so Cormier forces him against the cage so he can't use it. Henderson again, has a right hand and little else. So Cormier forces him to the floor.

He panicked when Henderson, with 2 submission wins in 30, went for a leg lock. Now put him against someone who is good at submissions and can stifle his attempts to just push them against the cage. His standup isn't as good as people make out (see Patrick Cummins tagging Cormier until he wilted away) and if he can't go to just pushing/laying on people, I can see it going very badly for him.

You're bitching about Cormier being an intelligent fighter even though he still finishes fights?

Damn some you on here really do need to get laid.

Next you are going to say that Couture was the most overrated fight ever simply because he took James Toney down.

I complained about this in the pbp last night.

Anyone who "isn't sold on Cormier yet" doesn't know what they're watching. The dude's been very impressive for a long time now.

I'm actually surprised there haven't been more garbage threads like this about DC. The better somebody is, the more this trash shows up.

I love Hendo, but last night was an obvious squash match and I don't think beating Dan should net you a title shot. Cormier is no-doubt impressive, but I want to see him fight someone higher ranked and closer to his prime. Maybe Texeira?

To me, it just seems like he has great wrestling and not much else going for him. He's horrendously overhyped based on a few highlight reel slams and a knockout of Bigfoot.

He's basically nothing but a blanket, whether its pushing Mir and Nelson against the cage or lying on top of Henderson. I can see any fighter with a good standup and a decent submission game having a very easy time with him. So far, in his UFC career in particular, he has fought people with one glaring weakness and just played against that.

Mir has poor standup but a great ground game, so Cormier forces him against the cage and stays away from the floor. Nelson has a powerful right hand and no plan b, so Cormier forces him against the cage so he can't use it. Henderson again, has a right hand and little else. So Cormier forces him to the floor.

He panicked when Henderson, with 2 submission wins in 30, went for a leg lock. Now put him against someone who is good at submissions and can stifle his attempts to just push them against the cage. His standup isn't as good as people make out (see Patrick Cummins tagging Cormier until he wilted away) and if he can't go to just pushing/laying on people, I can see it going very badly for him.

So what you are saying is ... he fights smart like GSP.

i so want to see dc beat the shit out of eye poker jones.

He ktfo Bigfoot after 2 years of MMA training. The same Bigfoot that dominated Fedor.

I think he's amazing, but his opposition doesn't warrant the hype. His UFC career so far has consisted of names, but nobody with any real steam behind them. Even in Strikeforce. Best win by far and away is still Barnett, followed by Bigfoot. Every other fight he was an extreme favorite and for good reason.

That being said I'd still love to see him against Jones or Gus.

Back