Is Anyone Concerned that Werdum Might Be Returning A Little Too Soon After Being KO'd?

Gabe

Saturdays are for the Boys
@Silver
Reaction score
When Werdum fights Ben Rothwell at UFC 203, it will have been less than four months since he got flat-lined by Stipe. I always thought that the general consensus was to wait at least six months after being knocked completely unconscious. Machida and Mendes made quick turnarounds after TKO losses and ended up being KOd in their next fights. Plus Werdum fights at heavyweight and Rothwell hits incredibly hard. What are your thoughts/

ze1Fkwc.png

Nah dude he's fine. Waiting another month or two wont make Rothwell's punches any less harder. If he get's knocked out in this fight, it's because he got punched in the face.

How much longer do you think he should wait? It will have been like 4 months since by the time he fights again.

I'd rather be in Werdum's position (being flash KO'ed) then Rothwell's position (5 rounds of doing his best punching bag imitation against JDS).

Yeah, you see it a lot when fighters come back too soon they get shut off much easier again. I don't blame him for wanting to get back in there though after that performance.

Nah, he knows what he's doing.

He shouldn't get caught by Rothwell no matter what. I see what you're saying but getting punched in the head by Ben is likely to lose you a fight no matter what.

I dont care
The guy is old as f*ck, he is probably right to cash in as much as possible

ya its dumb imo and to many of the posters in this thread, its not about winning or losing the fight its about his health
didnt freddie roach tell manny no physical contact for 6 months after he got KO'd

I'm concerned about other things like why my tots weren't cooked fully.

Nah , he'll more then likely play it safe and cruise to a boring UD or a late submission win ......flobby fish Fabricio.

Curious to see how Werdum's chin is from now on...whether the off button has been rewired to be more touch-sensitive.

Back