Is anyone buy Bjorn Rebney's BS ?

overeem chin

Yellow Belt
@Yellow
Reaction score
Hes a promoter but the way he spins things is ridiculous if you know for a fact that what hes saying is BS.

Example

He came out saying the card was great ? No
He said Shlemnko is one of the best strikers in the world? No
He said Their LHW division is deep? No
He said Mo had great takedowns then followed it up with Rampage had great TDD? WTF
He said he agreed with the decision for Rampage, but only list points for why mo shouldve won

I dont like Dana White much but atleast when fights suck, he says it.

Promoter gonna promote.

Dana does it as well but you are right thats one thing through all Dana's BS is when a card sucked or a fight sucked or a fighter lost or won he will say it. GSP won, UFC's biggest star and PPV draw and Dana still sat there and didnt give the PC answer. He didnt say oh yeah GSP def won, no doubt.

He said GSP lost that fight and then of course went on a retarded rant about GSP etc.

But atleast he said no the wrong guy won or that fight sucked or this event didnt deliver.

Bjorn used to be more honest. I think he's just a good company man.

Hes a promoter but the way he spins things is ridiculous if you know for a fact that what hes saying is BS.

Example

He said Mo had great takedowns then followed it up with Rampage had great TDD? WTF
He said he agreed with the decision for Rampage, but only list points for why mo shouldve won

He also said he agreed with the Brooks' decision, even though that one was actually wrong, and went against his interests.

He's your run of the mill promoter and diplomat. He's like the NFL commishes who acted like nice guys publicly while being involved in some shady shit behind the scenes.

You say you prefer Dana, but he does the shady shit, and unjustly criticizes his fighters and goes over the top with officials too. I don't see how that's better. A high majority of MMA promoters are sleazeballs, Bjorn included. But I'd say Bjorn is actually the lesser of the two evils with his respectful style. At least he's not embarrassing people when they don't serve his unreasonable interests.

hmm

Ehh it's same shit Dana does too.

He told Gus in the Octagon that he won that fight, then later said Jones won the fight. And his "if you didn't like this card, you're not an MMA fan" is beyond retarded.

Bjorn just needs more time in the spotlight to get used to his BS. Dana has become a professional bullshitter.

The card was good in most peoples eyes, add that in with required promoter hyperbole and it was a great card.

He also said that he agreed with the judges on the Chandler/Brooks fight....when two of them scored round 5 10-9 Brooks. Don't believe anything this guy says because he will be gone in a few months anyway.

Rarely do I base my opinions on what a promoter is telling me. So no I don't buy his B.S. just like I don't buy promoters B.S. in any MMA org.

Promoters gonna promote

Example

i agree on the fight sucks Dana says so, but on the others

He came out saying the card was great ? No - well that's your opinion, but i think the majority enjoyed it....even if it was kinda weird/crazy/strange.

He said Shlemnko is one of the best strikers in the world? No - well it wasn't his striking that caused him to lose the fight....and no offense but many have said the same about Matt Brown.

He said Their LHW division is deep? No - what do you want him to say??? it sucks.

He said Mo had great takedowns then followed it up with Rampage had great TDD? WTF - both are in fact possible. one fighter can have great takedowns and his opp has great TDD.

Why do people get surprised or try to act offended when promoters speak in hyperbole? That's their job.

Back