Is any current fighter as big a superstar as Kimbo Slice at his peak?

BigMuffler

Loli is love loli is life!
@Steel
Reaction score
Skills aside, is Connor, Ronda, Jones, Anderson at this moment, or even CM Punk really as popular as the fighting god known as Kimbo in his heyday?

wpid-article-1329992287767-11df8d0b000005dc-999865_466x554.jpg

They numbers say no. Kimbo was a genuine internet sensation who moved the needle even after being humiliated.

Yesterday he's famous, today he's forgotten. I'll consider Jones, Ronda and Anderson bigger than him. Connor is just famous in his country and sherdog (yup you trolls).

The term "Hype Train" is thrown around too much here, but damn if Kimbo didn't have a huge one! ha

[YT]KkcDks1kLl4[/YT]

Kimbo vs Mitrione drew 500k... on a undercard of Shogun vs Machida ppv.
But yes he was a draw.

Kimbo was the Tyson that almost happened.

Probably not.

His peak drawing power was brief, but exceptionally high, relatively speaking.

Kimbo super popular? so what what the highest audience of any of his fights? 100k?

Kimbo is recognized all overy the world. Highest rated MMA fight on television. Ever

Kimbo was just found too late....But just in time as far as becoming Viral went. Had Kimbo been like 30-34 when he first got into MMA he would have been a beast.

I have much respect for Kimbo but i'm kinda sad too see him go to Bellator. He's done his knees are done and he no longer really needs too much bread.

But had Dana brought Kimbo in the UFC without putting him in the TUF house that PPV would have probably been huge.

Yes. More people have heard of Rousey than Kimbo. I have no numbers to back this up, but I did just ask about 13 people at work. True story

I think the Kimbo phenomenon was more far reaching than any other fighter in US MMA, albeit very brief.

Back