Is anime on the way out?

Manga is drawn(like a comic) anime is just a cartoon(often times adaptions of the mangas).

Which one would Ninja Scrolls and Ghost in a Shell be considered? Also are they in a different category then Hayao Miyazaki flicks?

Which one would Ninja Scrolls and Ghost in a Shell be considered? Also are they in a different category then Hayao Miyazaki flicks?

No Manga is just the word for Japanese comic.

Anime is animated - a cartoon.

So Ghost in the Shell the movie in an anime

Ghost in the Shell the comic is a Manga.

The Beserk movies started coming out in 2012 and they were pretty badass.

I was looking for a reason to stop so I might just heed the warning. Japanese need to learn that if they want to depict a real online community they need to lose the stereotypically beautiful blue haired men. I mean seriously why the hell would these human Adonai be playing a game like that in the first place?

Over on the thread, we'd be willing to give you some stuff you might enjoy if you're interested. But yeah stop watching SAO now.

What about them makes them inherently childish? What is childish about Cowboy Bebop, for example?

The possibility of a abandoned kid named Ed surviving earth in the state it was in

not to mention her hacking, #unrealistic

No Manga is just the word for Japanese comic.

Anime is animated - a cartoon.

So Ghost in the Shell the movie in an anime

Ghost in the Shell the comic is a Manga.

That clears a lot up for me thanks.

The possibility of a abandoned kid named Ed surviving earth in the state it was in

not to mention her hacking, #unrealistic

Oh my god. Oh my god. Did you seriously just say that?:redface:

I'm actually laughing right now. You're a fucking moron. How does that indicate the series being childish? How can you actually watch Cowboy Bebop and consider it childish in any way?

Seriously Ed is a bit childish, and well, pretty annoying honestly. If you wanted to pick out stuff like that in anime you could probably do it in a lot of them, but that's sort their style. A lot of them mix seriousness with a unique style of their own. You kind of just have to ride the wave and go along with it. People enjoy anime mainly for the original stories and the difference in style. For me it's always been a breath of fresh air from the very syndicated western media. Had nothing to do with it being for children. If I want to see new ideas and originality I don't look to Hollywood.

Seriously Ed is a bit childish, and well, pretty annoying honestly. If you wanted to pick out stuff like that in anime you could probably do it in a lot of them, but that's sort their style. A lot of them mix seriousness with a unique style of their own. You kind of just have to ride the wave and go along with it. People enjoy anime mainly for the original stories and the difference in style. For me it's always been a breath of fresh air from the very syndicated western media. Had nothing to do with it being for children. If I want to see new ideas and originality I don't look to Hollywood.

Anime, as a whole, is a lot more mature than people make it out to be.

Anime, as a whole, is a lot more mature than people make it out to be.

I like anime, just some anime. Actually you could say I'm pretty Wapanese because of it. That doesn't mean I have to throw my common sense out the window just because I like it. I've always been the kind of person who needs something big to pull me back in. For example I was losing faith in anime then suddenly Sword of the Stranger came out and pulled me right back in. Death Note also raised the bar. That series blew me away. There has never, and will never be a book, tv show, or movie like that made in the west, unless it's a remake or a rip off.

I'm still upset Miyazaki retired. Waiting for his movies was like waiting for Christmas to come round.

Oh my god. Oh my god. Did you seriously just say that?:redface:

I'm actually laughing right now. You're a fucking moron. How does that indicate the series being childish? How can you actually watch Cowboy Bebop and consider it childish in any way?

It is childish in many ways, the fact that you cannot comprehend that it is childish astounds me. It does have its mature episodes but overall it's a tongue in cheek anime with funny characters and cool worlds. And with horrid killer blobs created from a festering and rotting crab stuck in a freezer. That's pretty fucking childish.

I like anime, just some anime. Actually you could say I'm pretty Wapanese because of it. That doesn't mean I have to throw my common sense out the window just because I like it. I've always been the kind of person who needs something big to pull me back in. For example I was losing faith in anime then suddenly Sword of the Stranger came out and pulled me right back in. Death Note also raised the bar. That series blew me away. There has never, and will never be a book, tv show, or movie like that made in the west, unless it's a remake or a rip off.

Some recent ones that you might like that have come out are Steins;Gate, Fate/Zero, Mahou Shoujo Madoka★Magica(don't let the childish beginning fool you, as that's what it's supposed to do).

The huge fad is dying in America now that the genre has transmogrified mostly into a moe masturbatory aid. Most series now cater to prepubescent girls and fan service for lonely shut-ins. For this reason, and its overwhelming surge in popularity over the last 12 years, the internet counter-culture (where anime once found its largest support) has turned its back on it.

It will never die in Japan though, and will always have a large following here despite the waning.

Speaking of "mature" anime, Woodkid apparently never saw a single anime from the 80s and 90s. Anime used to be a violent, horrifying and beautiful spectacle. It wasn't all fucking Tenchi Muyo.

...... I was gonna' post some trailers for shit like Ninja Scroll, Wicked City, Twilight of the Dark Master, and Demon City Shinjuku but I couldn't find any without any exposed nipples in them. You can google that shit yourself if you're interested.

I thought anime officially died when Adult Swim started showing it on Saturdays only. IDK I'm from the old school. I used to watch the old Orion, Manga, and ADV releases.

I'm not saying its a bad medium of art, just that I find it childish or maybe better worded adolescent.

I just know that NO manga or anime will come to the ankles of a work like the great gatsby, I robot or brave new world just to name a few. Works of art that I do consider mature.

The art form is limited, both manga and anime. It just cannot be as deep as a book. On the other hand I think the cinema can be an equally good medium as books although much different, due to the intricacies of acting, cinematography and a good plot.

I thought anime officially died when Adult Swim started showing it on Saturdays only. IDK I'm from the old school. I used to watch the old Orion, Manga, and ADV releases.

No your right. As soon as Toonami was scrapped people didnt have a way to get their fix. I know thats the only way I got my Anime source.

I'm not saying its a bad medium of art, just that I find it childish or maybe better worded adolescent.

I just know that NO manga or anime will come to the ankles of a work like the great gatsby, I robot or brave new world just to name a few. Works of art that I do consider mature.

The art form is limited, both manga and anime. It just cannot be as deep as a book. On the other hand I think the cinema can be an equally good medium as books although much different, due to the intricacies of acting, cinematography and a good plot.

:rolleyes:How can anime not have the intricacies of acting, cinematography and a good plot? Please explain it to me.

Back