Is Anglickas a more difficult matchup for Nemkov than Rumble?

tehMoose

The slayer of ufc shills
@Silver
Reaction score
Anglickas:

+ bigger and stronger than Nemkov
+ in his prime
+ great boxing
+ good striking defense
+ good takedowns
+ good TDD
+ good chin
+ controls well people on the ground
- doesn't go often for subs
- lacks KO power
- slower than Nemkov
- didn't fought opponents of this caliber yet

Rumble is more dangerous than Anglickas on the feet but he has a weakness that Nemkov can exploit. I don't see a clear weakness that Nemkov can exploit against Anglickas.

What do you think?

Nah I think Nemkov is better everywhere. I like Anglickas and agree he's well rounded but his game doesn't have the danger or connective tissue that Nemkov's has. He could have moments on the feet (if he was more of a finisher those moments could give him an upset KO) but I just think the whole of what Nemkov can do will just be too much. The gap between Gregory Millard and Vadim Nemkov is an absolute canyon and I think basically everything Julius did in that fight start to finish won't work against Nemkov. That doesn't bode well.

I hope I'm wrong though. I'd love to see Anglickas come out of nowhere and knock Nemkov off. It'd be exciting for the division overall.

I think the solid boxing and good TDD could make things interesting but like you say it's difficult to say for sure as he's never fought anyone anywhere near this level before.

Anglickas:

+ in his prime
+ great boxing
+ good striking defense
+ good takedowns
+ good TDD
+ good chin
- lacks KO power
- slower than Nemkov

Rumble is more dangerous than Anglickas on the feet but he has a weakness that Nemkov can exploit. I don't see a clear weakness that Nemkov can exploit against Anglickas.

What do you think?

I don't know that I would necessarily say he's a worse matchup but he is definitely a very different challenge than Rumble. Rumble's a more dangerous puncher and has more proven counter wrestling, but he also has well documented issues in cardio over 5 rounds and a difficulty with defensive groundwork. The fact that Anglickas is somewhat of an unknown quantity in these areas will tend toward it being a much more volatile matchup imo.

It's also a very different style on the feet, Rumble likes to march forward throwing power punches and so would be very available to the return fire of Nemkov who can crack as well. In comparison, Anglickas has a much more conservative defensive boxing style. Anglickas could look to score points and stay more elusive on the outside, whereas Nemkov was probably preparing for a shootout early, and he's also just very aggressive as a rule, he likes to make his opponent feel his power and to get some real work done. Bader is more "dangerous" overall as far as dealing serious damage to opponents, but Nemkov was much more frustrated in the Davis matches than against Bader because for the most part he just couldn't find him to put real damage on.

Yeah, I felt like rumble would have got subbed if he didnt get a quick ko. This fight is gonna be a grind I think

It depends where Rumble was at if he's as bad as his return fight anglickas is more dangerous if that was just rust and Rumble could fight in the ufc form he's much more dangerous.

Anglickas presents a different set of difficulties than Rumble. Anglickas doesnt have the punching power but he does have good boxing and tdd to force Nemkov to a stand up fight.

Anglickas presents a different set of difficulties than Rumble. Anglickas doesnt have the punching power but he does have good boxing and tdd to force Nemkov to a stand up fight.

Plus it would be peak Bellator for Nemkov to lose the title to the boring dude.

Plus it would be peak Bellator for Nemkov to lose the title to the boring dude.
Yeah, Im not putting money on Nemkov, just on the O2.5. Nemkov started as a -240 favorite and is going as high as -400 in less than a day. Way too high odds, IMO.

Last edited:
Completely different fight. Not as dangerous but he will likely be harder to put away. Not expecting an easy fight but Nemkov should win it.

Anglickas:

+ in his prime
+ great boxing
+ good striking defense
+ good takedowns
+ good TDD
+ good chin
- lacks KO power
- slower than Nemkov

What do you think?

Nemkov will handle him since he has way more speed.

Back