Is Anderson like BJ Penn?

Gsp has lost twice in the UFC. Silvas streak was more impressive

This thread is full of fail.

Next thing someone will say Nick Diaz is better then Anderson.

He's smoking truth serium.

One loss in seven years and all the crazies come out of the woodwork to try and discredit everything Anderson Silva has accomplished.

Penn isn't the guy who had 16 consecutive wins in the UFC. He didn't successfully defend his title 10 times, either. Sure, he was a two division champion and that is impressive but he never defended the WW title he took from Hughes one time. And he only defended his LW belt three times.

His UFC record is 12 wins, 8 losses, and 2 draws. Anderson is 16-1.

Anyone who suggests Penn is better is an idiot.

BJ Champ at 2 weight classes in UFC, AS Champ at 1 weight class in UFC so clearly BJ is the bess!

why? would you like to elaborate bc I think the exact opposite...matter of fact I am starting to think that BJ may be one of the most overrated champs in UFC History. A badass nonetheless, but he got tooled by Franky Edgar twice, Fitch who is retired or something, Rory McDonald who never impressed me, and Nick Diaz absolutely destroyed him.

He actually should have won the first Edgar fight according to many, including Dana. He should have won against fitch as well, at WW, in what was a draw. He won the first against Nick and Rory is top 5 at WW and is huge compared to Penn. Oh, and I know it's not MMA, but being the first non-Brazilian to win the BB overall at the Mundials is a huge martial arts accomplishment.

That said I'm a huge Penn fan, but Anderson has a more impressive UFC run, no doubt.

BJ should have won the Fitch fight?

Really? REALLY?

He was literally crying before the decision was read. The draw was a gift to BJ. Fitch severely tooled him into getting that 10-8 round in the 3rd. The 1st 2 rounds were dead even.

Don't forget, the scores were 1 for Fitch, 2 for draw (if I'm not mistaken).

BJ has been tooled by GSP, Frankie, Fitch, Hughes, Rory, Nick Diaz... I might be leaving a couple people out.

Anderson has been tooled by... Michael Jackson. Yes, him being a big fan of Michael Jackson caused him to dance in the middle of the fight and Weidman tagged him. hah.

BJ should have won the Fitch fight?

Really? REALLY?

He was literally crying before the decision was read. The draw was a gift to BJ. Fitch severely tooled him into getting that 10-8 round in the 3rd. The 1st 2 rounds were dead even.

Don't forget, the scores were 1 for Fitch, 2 for draw (if I'm not mistaken).

BJ has been tooled by GSP, Frankie, Fitch, Hughes, Rory, Nick Diaz... I might be leaving a couple people out.

Anderson has been tooled by... Michael Jackson. Yes, him being a big fan of Michael Jackson caused him to dance in the middle of the fight and Weidman tagged him. hah.
Well all those fighters are WWs with the exception of Frankie who most people think he split 1-1. And whatever you think, the Fitch fight was an amazing effort - he got a draw against a guy considered to be a size, cardio and stylistic nightmare. Some think BJ was unlucky to not get the win.

FTR I think he sits slightly behind AS on the all time list.

Well all those fighters are WWs with the exception of Frankie who most people think he split 1-1. And whatever you think, the Fitch fight was an amazing effort - he got a draw against a guy considered to be a size, cardio and stylistic nightmare. Some think BJ was unlucky to not get the win.

FTR I think he sits slightly behind AS on the all time list.

Dude, you're just being really delusional here.

Listen to yourself for a second.

Just because he managed to cut weight severely to prolong his career, it doesn't mean he was one of the best.
He had the best potential, that's for sure. But he never lived up to it.

He fought Machida when he was about 200lbs in Japan if I'm not mistaken. So please don't give me this BS that he was 155pounds fighting 170giants.

Now he's coming back to fight at 145. That doesn't sound like a successful career to me.

BJ was a bit more naturally talented, Anderson was a harder worker and accomplished more in MMA, but yeah I agree they have many similarities

Penn's skillset is perfect for MMA, while Anderson is well above the rest in striking skill. Yet he made that more incomplete game work better. Anderson's always in shape, while Penn gasses. Other than them losing twice to the same guy (which is a big if, and their respective first fights were nothing alike), there's not much to compare.

BJ > Anderson

Hahaha I literally laughed when I read that, and i can't stand Anderson.

I wish BJ was young and in his prime at LW right now. He wouldn't even get to fight for the belt, let alone win it.

Anyone saying Diaz tooled/destroyed B.J. should go back and watch the fight. That fight wasn't as one sided as some make it out to be. The Fitch fight was a close fight, I thought B.J. won the first/second rounds. ( the second round was close, not sure how anyone can argue that B.J. lost the first ) Fitch won the third. I thought B.J. won but wasn't surprised at the draw. Hughes .... they are 2-1. Rory McDonald beat him up . And I thought Frankie Edgar clearly won both fights. He is getting a third shot at Edgar.

Last edited:
Their fanbases are similar.

Other than that they couldn't possibly be more unalike.

Agreed, also Penn went up mostly for title fights or more recently out of laziness, Anderson went up and fought guys that were easy match ups and big pay days.(Bonnar and Griffin)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NiTrok
Back