Is American Horror Story Worth Watching?

Season 1 yes. Season 2 probably. Beyond that each season had a progressively more abundant level of meh.

Asylum was the best one imo. It had a little bit of everything in it. Aliens, demons, mutants, nazis, serial killers. Season 1 and Freakshow were also pretty good.

I started watching the first season and thought it was lame and cringe as fuck. Think I only managed the first few episodes and had enough.

I liked the first three seasons quite a bit... this current season is amazing though

This season so far= haunted house,interracial marriage. Up to the viewer. 2nd episode to date.

Last edited:
I'm bumping this because I'm considering watching AHS, I never bothered with it because it was a horror show on cable which means it can't quite go all the way. Although, Walking Dead is on AMC and it's about as far as I thought a TV show could ever go. Taboo was on FX and it was uncensored and quite wonderfully profane, which was very refreshing.

Since this thread's last post was in September, the most recent season called Roanoke has come and gone. Any updates? Did it truly get worse as it progressed? Some of you said the first two were great, third had issues, four and five slid further. Did 6 get it back?

I'm bumping this because I'm considering watching AHS, I never bothered with it because it was a horror show on cable which means it can't quite go all the way. Although, Walking Dead is on AMC and it's about as far as I thought a TV show could ever go. Taboo was on FX and it was uncensored and quite wonderfully profane, which was very refreshing.

Since this thread's last post was in September, the most recent season called Roanoke has come and gone. Any updates? Did it truly get worse as it progressed? Some of you said the first two were great, third had issues, four and five slid further. Did 6 get it back?

Roanoke was absolute shit, It was an actual chore to finish. First episode showed promise, and from there on it continually gets worse by the episode. I noticed this season had a lot of hate from the general public too, Usually there are some dedicated fans who get behind every season despite it's flaws, yet this season had a lot of hate all over facebook, more so than usual.

But just my opinion anyway. I would rank it better than Hotel and Coven, but not as good as the remaining seasons.

It started off, but begin to really suck. I can't watch it any more.

Don't listen to haters, watch Coven too.

It started off, but begin to really suck. I can't watch it any more.
That's a problem with EVERY Ryan Murphy show. I still haven't watched the newest season because of potentially getting blue balls again.

season 1 was great

season 2 was ok

didnt finish 3

after that i watched the first few episodes of each season and couldnt get through it

watch season 1 for sure though

Season one is by far the best. What happened to the girl who always wore the hat cant rem her name. The daughter.

Wasnt really keen on asylum, coven was ok. Currently watching freaksow, not really digging it.
The people who make the show stopped taking it seriously. I think they realized they didn't have to. They found one of those niche audiences that will lap up any strange thing, and somehow believe that makes it smart or interesting. Just listen to Sarah Paulson talk about the show in interviews. I've randomly caught her on several late night shows over the past four years or so, and every time she's just laughing at how the upcoming season is going to be even more absurd and ridiculous and totally "out there".

This is what happens when you over-praise artists for shock value. They begin to believe that shock itself holds value. They stop caring about managing it.

Last edited:
I watch every episode. And I am very picky on which series I dive into.

i enjoyed it. kinda and silly at times but still worth the time if your bored.

First 2 seasons are good (especially the 2nd.) The next 3 weren't good and I couldn't get past the first 2 episodes of the last season.

Back