Is American Horror Story Worth Watching?

It's an okay show. The first two seasons are excellent along with the first half of season 4, everything else is kind of shitty. Season 5 is an abomination imo. Story was all over the place yet it still managed to be super predictable in the end. Lady GaGa was dog shit too.

Season 6 looks promising from the glimpses and teasers that have been shown. It's giving off a Texas Chainsaw Massacre vibe. That's the thing with this show, if they fuck up one season they can try and redeem the next one since it is a different story and characters.

It's an okay show. The first two seasons are excellent along with the first half of season 4, everything else is kind of shitty. Season 5 is an abomination imo. Story was all over the place yet it still managed to be super predictable in the end. Lady GaGa was dog shit too.

Season 6 looks promising from the glimpses and teasers that have been shown. It's giving off a Texas Chainsaw Massacre vibe. That's the thing with this show, if they fuck up one season they can try and redeem the next one since it is a different story and characters.

You're crazy. I hate Lady Gaga but she was great in it. Did you watch 2 episodes and just write it off?

Nope. Stopped after the 5th ep of the first season.

Asylum was great, and Coven was pretty good. Wasn't hugely fond of Freakshow. Waiting for Hotel to be on Netflix so I can watch at will.

Nope, watched every episode to the end. Just my opinion.

I respect your opinion. I was just shocked reading that because I thought she was great in it. I also hated that Ben Affleck was the new Batman but he proved me wrong too.

I binged the first 3 seasons in 2 weeks and I was thoroughly entertained with each season. I got about 5 episodes into season 4 and just kind of stopped watching.

I can't watch TV shows week to week anymore it seems. Except GoT. That shit is like crack. I need to binge entire seasons when I'm really into a show. I will have to get back to season 4 since it's on Netflix but there is just so much other stuff to watch.

I started tonight. I watched the first season to episode 4. I'm loving it so far, the rubber man has me pretty interested. The young version of the maid is insanely hot.

Seasons worth watching:
- Season 1: Murder House.
- Season 2: Asylum.

Seasons that were meh for me:
- Season 5: Hotel.

Seasons I'll never get the time back:
- Season 3: Coven
- Season 4: Freak Show

Season pending (being aired now):

- Season 6: Roanoke. I don't like the format.

I've finally gotten around to watching Stranger Things. Halfway through it and I have to say I'm throughly impressed. Very creepy ambience, a very engaging mystery AND an awesome 80's soundtrack? Sign me up. Something about that intro too just does it for me. Got that Stephen King vibe going on with the typography and the synths.

Yeah, if you're into horror, it's definitely one of the better horror TV shows that's been made.

It's a messy show. It sort of gives me cerebral blue balls, TBH. Maybe the most incredible thing about it is the canvas the show structures for itself. It has so many ideas and metaphors and themes in its yarn that it could take to the most interesting places. It makes it fun to think about with so much conceptual fecundity.

Yet, ultimately, it doesn't do a fantastic job of executing these and fleshing them out. Every season, when it has gotten to the end, has left me feeling like I was watching one of the most incredible castles or puzzles being constructed, and the entire time I'm wondering what it will look like when it is finished, how the pieces will come together, and how majestic it will be.

But then the season ends, and you're just not satisfied. You feel like you've been stranded, and you're looking at a half-built ruin rather than the Taj Mahal, or a puzzle where you don't know what the hell it's supposed to be, when it could have been so many things, because you only have blots of pieces linked together around the squared framing of the puzzle with too many empty spaces to even accurately estimate what it is supposed to be.

I've finally gotten around to watching Stranger Things. Halfway through it and I have to say I'm throughly impressed. Very creepy ambience, a very engaging mystery AND an awesome 80's soundtrack? Sign me up. Something about that intro too just does it for me. Got that Stephen King vibe going on with the typography and the synths.
That intro is incredible. The scoring is just incredible. GOAT score this year in television, hands down.

Season 1 and 2, yes. Everything else, no.

Going to be Twisty for Halloween next year, going to be great. I'm 6'2 240 with a wide frame as well so I should be able to scare the shit out of people.
That might be a little too manlet bro?

I finished episode 8 a few hours ago, still enjoying it a lot. Can't wait to finish the last 4. I'm jealous of Tate for smashing the mom and daughter.

Season one is by far the best. What happened to the girl who always wore the hat cant rem her name. The daughter.

Wasnt really keen on asylum, coven was ok. Currently watching freaksow, not really digging it.

Back