Is Amanda Nunes one of the biggest threats to Ronda?

BigMuffler

Loli is love loli is life!
@Steel
Reaction score
I'm a big fan of Rowdy and want to see her run through all comers and retire undefeated, and with the current crop of 135ers I think she has a decent chance of doing so. However, I would be very nervous if she were ever to face Amanda 'Lioness of the Ring' Nunes! Though only ranked currently in the lower half of the top 10, what's a lot more relevant than her ranking is her devastating power - almost undoubtedly the most hard-hitting of top female BWs, she CLEANLY knocked out huge 145er Julia Budd in a matter of seconds and finished with strikes Vanessa Porto, who went to decision with Cyborg! Rousey would still be heavily favored to win I'm sure, but she'd want to get the fight to the ground as soon as possible, because if Nunes landed even a couple of those sledgehammer fists, it could spell the end... I don't see any of the current women beating Ronda in an extended fight or by sub outside of a fluke, so it seems quite possible Amanda has the best chance of dethroning her out of them all!

Rousey haters, would you be thrilled at the prospect of a Rowdy vs Nunes matchup? Rowdy fans, would you enjoy the excitement brought on by the uncertainty of the same?

you should watch her fight with Sarah D'Alelio

I'm a big fan of Rowdy and want to see her run through all comers and retire undefeated, and with the current crop of 135ers I think she has a decent chance of doing so. However, I would be very nervous if she were ever to face Amanda 'Lioness of the Ring' Nunes! Though only ranked currently in the lower half of the top 10, what's a lot more relevant than her ranking is her devastating power - almost undoubtedly the most hard-hitting of top female BWs, she CLEANLY knocked out huge 145er Julia Budd in a matter of seconds and finished with strikes Vanessa Porto, who went to decision with Cyborg! Rousey would still be heavily favored to win I'm sure, but she'd want to get the fight to the ground as soon as possible, because if Nunes landed even a couple of those sledgehammer fists, it could spell the end... I don't see any of the current women beating Ronda in an extended fight or by sub outside of a fluke, so it seems quite possible Amanda has the best chance of dethroning her out of them all!

Rousey haters, would you be thrilled at the prospect of a Rowdy vs Nunes matchup? Rowdy fans, would you enjoy the excitement brought on by the uncertainty of the same?
After she gets through McMann, any opponent would feel like a place holder fr Zingano.

After she gets through McMann, any opponent would feel like a place holder fr Zingano.

I don't know that Zingano is more dangerous than Nunes or Davis - Miesha had the advantage over her for 2 rounds, what if that had been Rowdy in Tate's place?

With her new career path I'd say Angelina Jolie.

you should watch her fight with Sarah D'Alelio

She also lost to Davis. But all those finishes by strikes, and of top 145ers like Budd and Gomes, man. Dat power. Much danger.

Her puncher's chance is bigger than the grappler's chance most others have I'd say.

She gives up her back way too easily. That german chick, gaff I think had her back for a few second. I've also seen other fights of hers where is she is way too aggressive and ends up in bad positions.

So no, not really. Maybe a top 5 girl.

nunes is a very good fighter, but she isn't a threat to dethrone rhona in my eyes. i think mcmann and davis are the true threats right now.

nunes did look dominate in her most recent fight. if she keeps that up, then she could build some steam.

You guys keep forgetting that Miesha Tate got reversed several times by Zingano. Miesha couldn't even get up after Zingano was on top of her. I'd like to see Zingano get a warm up fight when she gets back though. >one year off after an injury and tragedy is a bit too much.

Amanda Nunes is too reckless for Ronda. She'd suffer the same fate as Sarah Kaufman did.

Perhaps if Nunes or Alexis Davis or Zongano was willing to treat MMA training as a sort of life and death matter the Ronda has, than perhaps any one of them could at least give her a tougher fight than all her amateur and pro fights thus far combined. It has always seemed pretty clear that none of her opponents have taken this as deadly seriously as she has.

LOL at "Rousey retiring undefeated" ! April fool joke time. And Ally Gator absolutely MURDERED Nunes forever.

McMann has a legit shot at doing it. Zingano will conquer Rousey's soul forever, Weidman vs Silva Style.

LOL at "Rousey retiring undefeated" ! April fool joke time. And Ally Gator absolutely MURDERED Nunes forever.

McMann has a legit shot at doing it. Zingano will conquer Rousey's soul forever, Weidman vs Silva Style.

I'd be most scared for Ronda against Davis with her smarts and Nunes with her scary scary power if she actually managed to get a shot at Rowdy. Zingano is good sure but I don't see it especially now, and McMann is top 4-5 but doesn't match up well with ROOOWDY...

The main thing about Nunes isn't that I think she's a better overall fighter than the other girls, it's just that I see those bricks she has for hands as presenting a different/greater danger than anything others have to offer for Rousey. Kind of like a Carwin for WMMA XD

Davis is the threat

When i first considered that potential fight, I felt like Davis didnt have much for Rousey.

Now, upon further consideration, I feel she's a danger. Davis seems like the type of smart, disciplined fighter who could win a clinical decision over Ronda. Ronda's standup is not as polished or solid as Davis and Davis could use kicks and movement to give her first standing and possibly avoid the ground.

On the ground, Davis is very skilled though I feel no one should play that game with Ronda. I'd still favor Rousey to win but I feel Davis might be the person I'd choose to dethrone if I were forced to pick someone.

Nunes is good and dangerous but as people are saying her bull rush style might play right into Rouseys throws and submission game.

Back