Is alvarez hurt?

hotdoggravy

Orange Belt
@Orange
Reaction score
I cant find anything to say he is, or did he just get the boot for cerrone?

No, he just didn't feel like it.

flu? fights 2 weeks away. lol

burkman was sick a few weeks or days before he fought a monster in lombard.

I heard he outdraw only to all of us get the hype of Bendo vs Cerrone III.

flu? fights 2 weeks away. lol

burkman was sick a few weeks or days before he fought a monster in lombard.

Yeah and look how that turned out. All to often people hear flu and think cold. Flu is horrible to have. I've had it good and proper and was bed bound for a week. You think that's conducive to the life of a pro fighter?!

Alvarez is scared shitless to lose and will only fight if he is 100%.

and looked like shit in the process.

i thought he did fine considering who he was fighting. what was he supposed to do, stand still in front of lombard and trade punches? or grapple with him? who even gave him a chance against hector, even at 100%?

Yeah and look how that turned out. All to often people hear flu and think cold. Flu is horrible to have. I've had it good and proper and was bed bound for a week. You think that's conducive to the life of a pro fighter?!

This.

Drives me absolutely nuts when people said "I was off work yesterday, had the flu". Oh so you had influenza did you? No, you didn't. Legit flu is fucking awful. A cold is like a walk in the park on a summers day by comparison

that's what i wanted to know, couldnt find anything, im excited for cowboy-Bendo bout but if Alvarez was healthy it would have been terrible and unfair

Agreed. We literally have no info so it's funny people are taking shots at him.

What if hes lost like 20 lbs of weight because he can't eat/can't hold anything down? 2 weeks before a fight that is not something you want I'm pretty sure.

This.

Drives me absolutely nuts when people said "I was off work yesterday, had the flu". Oh so you had influenza did you? No, you didn't. Legit flu is fucking awful. A cold is like a walk in the park on a summers day by comparison

I know the difference. My thought process is that 2 weeks from the fight you are pretty much done with training camp & now its weight cutting time, which being bedridden & sick/not eating soilds, will only help you do.

yes, i'm kidding.

....and then make his 20th account.:icon_lol:

Bless you, mods.

But yeah, TS, he's sick with the flu. The legit flu is nasty and can knock you out for at least a week, and you don't want to be recovering on fight week.

Back