Is Aljamain Sterling the most disliked champion ever?

Germaine de Rundummy and Nicco Montano still hold that crown, but as far as men yeah he deff not liked on sherdog

Total # of haters, probably not.
Ratio of haters to nuthuggers? Probably.

Many champs have haters and nuthuggers in roughly equal ratios. Sterling does not.

And as someone else sugggested, Tim Sylvia is probably second. He had a few hard core nuthuggers.

In the modern era, it's gotta be him, Nico, GDR. I guess give him the edge over the other two because he's been more vocal and annoying.

Maybe Jones...and he's a hard one to top.

At least with Jones, he earned it. Regardless of how much "help" he had.

Aljo is just a complete and utter fraud and there just isn't a way around it.

Also, maybe Timmah back in the day. A lot of guys hated him because he didn't have abs.

how do you earn something when you needed peds to become great?

No one will ever top Ronda, Conor, Brock and Jon Jones.

People might not like Sterling but he doesn't trigger people the way the other 4 did.

Here in Russia - yes and by a wide fucking margin

And I do think it was the acting that caused the most upset with the fans. He should have just sat there and told the ringside doctor that he couldn't continue bc he was too out of it.

it almost like he couldnt contine cause he was out of it. so what the problem.

Aljo can easily turn his slumping popularity around. . . but at the same time he could turn the hate up to 11 with any further flops. He seems like a good, smart guy, so I wish him well.

i don't hate Sterling but he is easily the least deserving "champion" i can think of and i don't see him successfully defending

There are a lot of other champions who had more haters, just by being significantly bigger names.
In terms of Haters - People who praise him ratio, he is definitely a contender for #1.
There really is no praise that Aljo deserves.

Even Nicco and GDR did more to deserve the title of "champion".

I don't know if he is N° 1 ,
but top 3 for sure !
If he continues at the same pace - way,
he will definitely be !

I don't dislike Aljo or blame him for playing some of the role.

Shitty situation for the division imo though.

I don’t consider him a champion tbh ... feels like Yan - Aljo fighting for vacant belt .....I don’t feel a belt should really be won on a DQ , but you can’t have people getting intentionally DQ etc

The Iron Lady too
I tend to skew this. I don't dislike Aljo... not sure him being a champion is cool, maybe a DQ win for a belt should just mean the belts vacated? I don't know... but GDR willing to take the championship fight knew damn well that Cyborg was on the horizon if not obviously next and then pulling out the roid excuse? She was never going to have leverage and was obviously and rightfully going to be stripped.

And to get one last kick to the shins in - that division is a clunker and should fade away either before or after Amanda's next defense.

And to get one last kick to the shins in - that division is a clunker and should fade away either before or after Amanda's next defense.

Na - we have some bigger ladies on the rise and still the possibility (remote) of a solid rematch or two. I wanna see Kayla Harrison vs Nunes before they fold it. I would far prefer they filch from other orgs with mid or so talent to flush the division out. I don't mind watching an extra Nunes beatdown here and there.

No... Most casuals have no idea who he even is...

Maybe Jones...and he's a hard one to top.

At least with Jones, he earned it. Regardless of how much "help" he had.

Aljo is just a complete and utter fraud and there just isn't a way around it.

Also, maybe Timmah back in the day. A lot of guys hated him because he didn't have abs.
Haven't seen the fight since it aired but if i recall correctly Yan was the one who hit him with an illegal knee. Aljos head snapped back so it def connected.

Yet Aljo is the fraud? You make it sound like it was a phantom knee or something lol

Na - we have some bigger ladies on the rise and still the possibility (remote) of a solid rematch or two. I wanna see Kayla Harrison vs Nunes before they fold it. I would far prefer they filch from other orgs with mid or so talent to flush the division out. I don't mind watching an extra Nunes beatdown here and there.
I think this is the first time we'll agree to disagree my man, but when the division rankings on the UFC website actually look like the below (I did not white out anyone for the record), something is very wrong.
upload_2021-7-28_12-48-5.png
If they let Amanda keep the belt and whenever she didn't want to cut weight and bring whatever rando/Kayla to get smashed that's fine (can call it The Lioness Belt), but we should not pretend this is a real division, they should send the other folks out, not bring others in.

Back