Is Alexis Davis an actual threat?

What division is he in?

Nope, but Ronda wants to fight often so it's hard to match her up with the best.

I'd like to see Cat Zingano get a shot, she hopefully will get the next one. I don't think she'll beat Rousey either.

Nah. Easy win for Big Ronda.

More of a threat than Tate, for whatever that's worth.

As a Ronda mark, I actually think Davis has potential to give her some fits. Ronda does hae a tendency to get tagged early on. But I'm sure she will establish the clinch and come in with the knees set up a throw and submission. Part of the reason Tate didn't tap in the first attempt in the second fight was because she said she would kill herself if she tapped again. So there was indeed some spewing hate there. If Alexis gets in that armbar she will tap.

I haven't looked at this fight much, but I'm a fan of Ronda and the UFC's wmma in general so far. It's provided some pretty entertaining fights.

Tate obviously gave Ronda her best fight so far, then McMann was taken care of with relative ease. Zingano will obviously be a stiff test eventually, based on her win over Tate.

What is the deal with Alexis Davis? Does she have any real shot in this fight?

No, she does not have a real shot. But, it will be interesting to see how Ronda gameplans this one.

On paper, McMann was supposed to be Ronda's toughtest test. Liz Carmouche is still the only fighter to have Ronda in any danger.

As a Ronda mark, I actually think Davis has potential to give her some fits. Ronda does hae a tendency to get tagged early on. But I'm sure she will establish the clinch and come in with the knees set up a throw and submission. Part of the reason Tate didn't tap in the first attempt in the second fight was because she said she would kill herself if she tapped again. So there was indeed some spewing hate there. If Alexis gets in that armbar she will tap.

She didn't tap in the first attempt in the second fight is because she ESCAPED.

Nope, but Ronda wants to fight often so it's hard to match her up with the best.

I'd like to see Cat Zingano get a shot, she hopefully will get the next one. I don't think she'll beat Rousey either.

Zingano will get a warm up fight before she fights Ronda.

Carano was a former Muay Thai Champion. If she can keep it on the feet, she would give Rousey trouble. My point is that styles make fights. A superior striker is the only type of person that will take out Rousey, not an overall balanced MMA fighter.

And Jessamyn Duke was a MT champion ... your point ? :icon_twis

I don't think so. Alexis is tough for sure. Just doesn't have what it takes to beat Ronda. Plus Ronda is bigger and stronger too.

She's a good well rounded fighter, but I don't think she's good enough in one area to present problems.

Carano was a former Muay Thai Champion. If she can keep it on the feet, she would give Rousey trouble. My point is that styles make fights. A superior striker is the only type of person that will take out Rousey, not an overall balanced MMA fighter.

I disagree with you wholeheartedly.

There is not a woman that can make 135 that can keep Rousey on the outside. Rousey will get the clinch.

It will take another elite grappler to beat Rousey. Strikers have never given her any real trouble. Think back to the one fight that she was in any danger.

I disagree with you wholeheartedly.

There is not a woman that can make 135 that can keep Rousey on the outside. Rousey will get the clinch.

It will take another elite grappler to beat Rousey. Strikers have never given her any real trouble. Think back to the one fight that she was in any danger.

Especially when it's not exactly intimidating to get hit by a 135 pound woman. I like WMMA but that's kind of an issue when there's really not much to fear rushing in.

Wow that girl was a muay thai champ? What do you have to do to be a female muay thai champ.. show up?

Just look at all the title holders in the small regional promotions that call them World Champs.

95% of the belts for the promotion that jessamyn won that belt are VACANT.

They don't even have a website I can find.

Especially when it's not exactly intimidating to get hit by a 135 pound woman. I like WMMA but that's kind of an issue when there's really not much to fear rushing in.

Most Women need to land more punches, but can still get the cummalitve concussive effect for a knockout. That is the way Nik Diaz boxes. I also see that in many men's fights, ALOT of them.

There have been KO's in WMMA. There have been ALOT decisions in mens fights.

So, whats your point.

Most Women need to land more punches, but can still get the cummalitve concussive effect for a knockout. That is the way Nik Diaz boxes. I also see that in many men's fights, ALOT of them.

There have been KO's in WMMA. There have been numerous decisions in mens fights.

So, whats your point.

Women have less power that's just a fact.

Back