Is Adesanya the middleweight version of Jon Jones ?

Please "mods" Could you at least pretend to have a job of some kind here, and start banning people that make threads like this?

Why ? Both fighters share similarities in their toolsets that they bring to the octagon. I am sorry if you feel so offended, here's a Kleenex and please grow up.

Jon Jones actually throws punches. Isreal threw like 8 punches total.

If you have followed Jon at all, his striking is really not his best trait so I'm not sure what punches your referring to. Jon is practically all about eblows, maintaining distance and punishing you with kicks, arm locks and takedowns.

@King Crab and he still manages to throw more punches. I never said Jon Jones was a boxing champ, just that he throws more than Izzy.

His feints alone are better than anyone's in the business. Your inability to grasp elite level striking is not a valid argument against it.

Their striking styles have some similarity, but Adesanya is world class in it, while Jones started out as a wrestler and only began striking as an adult.

Both were taught to be range kickboxers, but Adesanya is natural in it, while Jones is talented for MMA as a whole. He picks things up fast, learns every style. But not boxing, he's not learned that at the same rate as, for example, BJJ. Subbing Lyoto, Rampage and Vitor. Adesanya has become good enough in other areas so he can win fights on the feet.

They come from a different base, which shows.

nah, Izzy actually got inside the octagon with a high level fighter in a weigh class above his whereas Jones only ever talks about it.

They aren't even close to the same beyond similar height and reach. Look at Jon's prime years on fights and you will see numerous submissions. Jon is far superior in grappling and ground game.

Back