Is Adesanya still in his physical prime ?

yes he is in physical goat prime at this very moment

Somewhat, but it's kinda hard to judge, as people age differently.

He looked fine his last fight. He didn't take much damage throughout his career and seems to not get damaged in training.

Now he definitely can start slowing down, the man has been competing in combat sports for almost 14 years.
A fighter can sometimes have an overnight change, their body starts shutting down and they'll physically never be the same again. Happens to most atheletes.

Tough to say, but he's certainly within a couple of years of falling off. Rockhold and Weidman both looked unbeatable, and then totally fell off a cliff.

Tough to say, but he's certainly within a couple of years of falling off. Rockhold and Weidman both looked unbeatable, and then totally fell off a cliff.
The wheel kick that fucked up Weidman's career.
giphy.gif

All 6 of his losses are by TKO/KO, fucking brutal.

kickboxing is different than mma they fight more often. so you cant use 100 pro fights.

Yeah he was more dangerous in his kickboxing days. He didn't have to worry about takedowns though. But he had definitely better reflexe.
I think that is exactly what it is. Anderson was legit BJJ black belt and Izzy just doesn’t have that

The wheel kick that fucked up Weidman's career.
giphy.gif

All 6 of his losses are by TKO/KO, fucking brutal.
Yeah, this was the start, but I think he was about to fall off anyway. If you hear his story before fighting, he was really hard on his body, worked a bunch of jobs, did a huge weight cut to face Maia, all that stuff shortens your prime.

What's crazy is neither Luke nor Chris understands they aren't in their prime anymore

Yeah he was more dangerous in his kickboxing days. He didn't have to worry about takedowns though. But he had definitely better reflexe.

LOL His finishing rate in MMA is three times higher than it was in kickboxing.

Damn! 100 fights is a lot of training mileage.

Yeah, this was the start, but I think he was about to fall off anyway. If you hear his story before fighting, he was really hard on his body, worked a bunch of jobs, did a huge weight cut to face Maia, all that stuff shortens your prime.

What's crazy is neither Luke nor Chris understands they aren't in their prime anymore
I remember when they were considered to be the future of the MW division. Man that didn't last long.

He should have about a year left as most guys seem to be at their best between 28-32, then they fall off. But he seems to have some um, titty making juice helping him.

Back