Is a finish always a "domination"?

skullmaskkid

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
People claim that Nate dominated Conor in their 1st fight. Certainly Nate finished Conor, but it was a competitive fight till that point, Conor won the 1st round, got tired, then got finished. To me that's not really a domination.

It's like saying Hughes dominated BJ Penn in their 2nd fight.

Can you be finished without being dominated?

A finish by choke or KO is basically a guaranteed death in a fight to the death. It's domination.

Nate could've killed little helpless Condor McGoobz in the first fight if there was no judge

He choked him like a little girl, helpless and with tears in his eyes, Conur tapped and desperately screamed internally for judge to stop the fight

Well tapping someone out is them basically quitting saying they dont want to be in there with you anymore and a ko is them being unable to defend themselves..If it was a real fight if you have them in a sub or just ko'd them you could literally kill them.

But i understand what your saying. Its hard to say that Hall dominated Gegard in their first fight or that Werdum dominated fedor, etc.

so doesn't matter what happened leading up to it?

Silva dominated Chael?
He could have killed him. It was a domination.

That one is a tricky example because chael threw the fight, but it was still a domination. It was just a staged domination.

Horrible exemple, the submission came after Conor started taking a beating on the feet.

A better one would be the atrocious Mir/CroCop fight, where nothing was happening until CroCop got KTFO late in the last round. Also Anderson losing every round to Sonnen until he got the last minute sub.

Nate could've killed little helpless Condor McGoobz in the first fight if there was no judge

He choked him like a little girl, helpless and with tears in his eyes, Conur tapped and desperately screamed internally for judge to stop the fight

Judges don't stop fights

Alex Chambers finished Kailin Curran, but Curran had been dominant the first two rounds.

given how frequently tapping/finishes happen in MMA, it's in the nature of the sport. to me a mere finish doesn't imply domination. Espeicailly if the fight was even till it happened.

you need a better outlet for these cuck fantasies. I suggest literotica.com

It's as conclusive a finish as you can get.

That being said, it doesn't always provide the best *information* about a fight, taken out of context from the rest of the fight. It's not as if the information before the finish is somehow irrelevant to their respective abilities.

There is a reason why Cain was a favorite going into JDS/Cain 3, despite JDS having a finish over him.

It's also why a rematch between Aldo and Conor would be much more competitive than their first fight.

If GSP was "dominant" then I am the most anti-dominant fighter out there!

A finish is the most dominant way you can win, however, a submission or (T)KO doesn't always equal a dominant performance.

Edit: For example Anderson Silva's first win over Chael wasn't a dominant performance.

He could have killed him. It was a domination.

That one is a tricky example because chael threw the fight, but it was still a domination. It was just a staged domination.

Lol
You can always count on the Internet to provide nonsense.

No, Anderson didn't dominate. You can't lose four rounds, get beaten by most of the fifth and dominate. He won, but that's as far as it gets from a dominant victory.

And Chael got caught and lost. Unless you have actual evidence of a fixed fight, don't throw accusations around.

Can you be finished without being dominated?

Yes, it's possible to win a fight even though you were being dominated the whole time prior to the finish.

The question is, did you break the person down, then finish, like Nate did to Conor, or did you catch them with a punch or sub? In the first case, I would say Conor did NOT dominate or get caught, Nate simply beat him.

Paige Vanzant knocking out Bec Rawlings with a switch kick is the second case. Rawlings was winning that fight until she got caught.

A finish isn't necessarily a domination. RDA dominated Pettis to a decision. A domination is completely controlling/nullifying your opponent. It's a not a quick/sudden/come from behind fininsh.

Sherdog Revision Logic

Luke Rockhold and Yoel Romero dominated Chris Weidman pillar to post

inc Silva fan bois to tell you he's the most dominant fighter of all time.

Back