Is 6 Feet Under the most underrated drama ever?

I like Michael C Hall and most shows on HBO but cannot bring myself to watch more than a few episodes of Six Feet Under.

Bump.

I finally got around to binging this series and it's weird that I hate it and have some [valid, imo] criticisms but also think it might be among my favorite shows of all time.

The depth to the characters is INSANE. With the exception of Brenda, who was an excruciating cow of human being. Every character had a duality about them that can be both infuriating and endearing.

I had never seen this show hyped up and googled to see if there was a thread. But I'm glad to see so much recognition for the finale. It deserves it.

In fact, the last three episodes together is some of the most genuinely heartfelt shit I've ever seen on television or even on film. Ever.

Shit got me in my feelings.

You hate it and love it?

You hate it and love it?

Yeah. More like... I hate a bunch of the core characters. They make me want to scream at the TV almost every time I see them. And I see them often.

But overall, I think it's a great show. Fuck, it takes balls to write deeply unlikable characters in a way that isn't... gaudy. If that makes sense? Like, they come across as real people with real flaws and complexities instead of just being caricatures we're meant to hate.

I should try again some shows just don’t pick up for a season or so.

I recommend it. It was fairly digestible for me in a binge format too, which is pretty rare since "bingewatching" wasn't really a thing back then.

I still have to check the show out sometime.

The finale was amazing. You would remember it if you saw it.

I used to watch that show weekly but i can barely remember anything that happened.

I looked it up and i was 14 when the show started 18 years ago, its been a while!

Dexter and Hannibal are the biggest overrated turds on Sherdog. All I remember of Dexter is that annoying chick, God she was so annoying. And as for Hannibal, I couldn't get through the first season, it was just unrealistically repetitive. He would catch and kill a serial killer every single episode.

Another overrated show is Luther, I never understood the hype after I got forced to watch the latest season.

6 feet Under has one of the best series finale ever.

Back