Is 6 Feet Under the most underrated drama ever?

I started watching it just because everyone said the series finale is the GOAT. I'm on like episode 3 and have to say I'm getting kind of bored. Plus I think the series finale has been built up too much. All the praise I've heard about it... my expectations are through the roof. I don't see how I can get through 6 seasons of this and not be disappointed.

Stick with it. It did take a couple of episodes to find it's footing. I remember the first few episodes being a little too heavy handed. Like the Nate scene at the end of the pilot, with that cheesy ass song playing in the background.

If you do make it through, you'll understand why the ending is praised. It's not some spectacular "HOLY SHIT!" ending, or anything. It was just a perfect way for the series to go out.

Now I've got the damn box set staring me in the face. Must watch again.

Give it another go.

giphy.gif
The scene from this GIF just epitomized Dexter in it's pure original form. Like nothing else on TV before. Crafted itself such a unique style and tone. The ending of S1 also summarized this.

It's great show. Top tier for sure. Best ending to a series ever, IMO.

I watched the entire series last year and absolutely loved it. The finale is still GOAT, which is saying something considering the amount of great television series we've had since then.

Also, SFU>>>>Dexter

Dexter > 6FU

Both amazing shows though.

tumblr_mtmhctnYwZ1qc0ml0o1_500.gif

Dexter > 6FU

Both amazing shows though.

tumblr_mtmhctnYwZ1qc0ml0o1_500.gif

The last three seasons of Dexter were like the TV version of Terminator 3, Beverly Hills Cop 3 and Highlander 2 rolled into one.

Just three straight years of torture. I've watched many shows go down the toilet but I don't know if any of them compare to Dexter in that regard, Maybe 24.

The show itself is probably underrated these days, but the ending seems to be pretty widely considered the GOAT finale.

The last three seasons of Dexter were like the TV version of Terminator 3, Beverly Hills Cop 3 and Highlander 2 rolled into one.

Just three straight years of torture. I've watched many shows go down the toilet but I don't know if any of them compare to Dexter in that regard, Maybe 24.

The season Finale of Dexter through me for a loop. I literally had a long recovery period that my all-time favorite show was no longer. I think @Peteyandjia made a Dexter appreciation thread long time ago.

The season Finale of Dexter through me for a loop. I literally had a long recovery period that my all-time favorite show was no longer. I think @Peteyandjia made a Dexter appreciation thread long time ago.

I did, but I pretty much agree with @BisexualMMA 's assessment. I mourned the loss of Dexter way before it ever ended. To say the last few seasons were running on fumes, would be an insult to gas huffers everywhere.

The series finale had some good moments. Not enough for me to justify the last few years and that horrible origins story with Charlotte Rampling...but it was the first time in a long time that I had walked away from an episode with some satisfaction and not kicking myself for wasting that hour.

was one of the first tv shows to truely get me hooked

might have to give it another spin. has been a fair while

Bump.

I finally got around to binging this series and it's weird that I hate it and have some [valid, imo] criticisms but also think it might be among my favorite shows of all time.

The depth to the characters is INSANE. With the exception of Brenda, who was an excruciating cow of human being. Every character had a duality about them that can be both infuriating and endearing.

I had never seen this show hyped up and googled to see if there was a thread. But I'm glad to see so much recognition for the finale. It deserves it.

In fact, the last three episodes together is some of the most genuinely heartfelt shit I've ever seen on television or even on film. Ever.

Shit got me in my feelings.

Bump.

I finally got around to binging this series and it's weird that I hate it and have some [valid, imo] criticisms but also think it might be among my favorite shows of all time.

The depth to the characters is INSANE. With the exception of Brenda, who was an excruciating cow of human being. Every character had a duality about them that can be both infuriating and endearing.

I had never seen this show hyped up and googled to see if there was a thread. But I'm glad to see so much recognition for the finale. It deserves it.

In fact, the last three episodes together is some of the most genuinely heartfelt shit I've ever seen on television or even on film. Ever.

Shit got me in my feelings.

I basically dated and lived with Brenda for years. I got the duality in that character.

If you aren't an absolute mess at the end of the final episode, you need to be locked up immediately for the good of society.

Six Feet Under is legitimately a GOAT contender, but no one uses a gun, so it's ignored. Mad Men has the same problem.

We all know shows like Breaking Bad, The Wire, The Shield, et al. get high praise, but I rarely see 6 Feet Under listed in the same echelon of other greats. Plus unlike Breaking Bad or True Detective 6 Feet Under had a classic finale.

I agree with you. I don't usually see 6 feet under in that lost with the greats and it should be. Idk if it would take the #1 list, but I'd be damned if it ain't up there!

Never watched it cuz I heard Dexter played a gay, also I prolly would not have watched Dexter if I knew he had played a gay on this show

Big love.

Story lines had a point.. Cast was as good as possible.. Was realistic, and actually showed a better family unit with love than what you get in ANY network show, pathetically.

Back