Is 33 y.o. Nick Diaz Still a Contender???

IMO, Diaz is a true complete fighter, just look at the gsp fight, who looked worse? I know by judges Diaz lost. But, if there were not rounds and time but a fight to the finish, I think Diaz would win. He is a master at using his body type to a fight.

If he's so great, then why doesn't he ever win?

He was funny against Silva, a real spectacle, but as a serious contender, especially at this point, no way.

He should have his own tv/talk show though, as far as entertainment goes, who could beat Nick in unintentional humor?

I don't know. He needs to prove himself one. He is a name. He has alot of fans. But I am not sure about Nick's desire or discipline to achieve whatever his potential is....

Why should he get the fight with Woodley? Because he's top 5 and earned the shot.
My current ww rankings are as follows:
1) Woodley
2) Diaz
3) GSP
4) Wonderboy
5) Ronda Rousey

Yup, hes about to tap into that old man strength.

Tyron doesn't seem to want to fight contenders...he wants fights he thinks he can win but against people who can sell more PPV than him since he's likely to earn PPV points now as he's now holding the belt.

I get that he wants the big payday but it's not a good look...but at least he knows he's not a draw

I think Nick saying people fighting HIM would be an opportunity is insane. Why should Diaz get a fight against Woodley?
Diaz isn't asking for Woodley.
Woodley is asking for Diaz.
Fighting Diaz IS an opportunity, thats why he is asking for it. If you get PPV points, people buy Diaz PPV's. Not insane.

Nope. Was he ever? I expected big things when he came over from Strikeforce. What happened or was he just beating cans and had us all fooled?

fuck that fake ass plastic shit

He's less deserving of a title shot than Hendo. But I don't get too fussed about these things. I like big matchups. That said, he should have to win at least ONE fucking fight in the last however many years before getting a title shot.
I'd be fine with Nick getting a title shot if he gets a top 10 win first
they guy is entertaining

Im a Diaz fan but i really want to see a Wonderboy title shot , I think he can he do as good as Robbie 2-3 defense's

Maybe when he gets another victory, since his last one was in 2011 over a fat lightweight.
Brutal and accurate first response.

He looked OK against Anderson tbh, but he hasn't won in his own division in years.

I think Nick saying people fighting HIM would be an opportunity is insane. I love the guy but he hasn't recorded a win since 2011 and hasn't finished a UFC fight since UFC 65. The guy has notoriously lost EVERY big UFC fight he has been in except for maybe the Robbie Lawler fight in 2004. Why should Diaz get a fight against Woodley? Anybody with a solid gameplan beats the guy, he gets frustrated to easy and falls apart. Diaz vs Wonderboy sounds good to me
He wasn't even a contender at 28!

As soon as everyone figured out his MO, he became a lip service fighter.

Because fighting in the UFC and Strikeforce are two huge differences. Do your research, tons of big names have came over and do terrible in the UFC . It's the biggest stage and shows what he is really capable of. Btw, he was nearly knocked the fuck out by Daley and would have probably been finished if Daley didn't wind himself looking for a finish.

a former Bellator champion in Eddie Alverez is now UFC lightweight champion

Former Strikeforce fighter Tyron Woodley is now Welterweight champion

Also if it was the case the UFC was as you implied in your massage than why is it Chuck Liddell got knocked out by Rampage Jackson a Pride fighter at the time ? and why is it a former Pride fighter Anderson Silva was the longest reigning champion in UFC history ?

So no UFC isn't the be all and end all of mma Dana dick rider.

Yes...he is a lot like Sexyama in that regard...he just needs to string together another loss or two and you can put him right in there for the title...

I used to like Sherdog, but if the fans really want a fighter who hasn't had a win since 2011 to fight for a title in late 2016 or early 2017, there is no fucking hope.

7 in a row and they want to not have it be wonderboy... lol what a crock.

Diaz could have been an all time great, but he'd rather smoke up and fuck off during his prime than win or stay in the game.

Yeah it's BS, pot being illegal, but they all sign this thing called a "Contract" to make money. If ya can't meet the contract and follow obligations, you can go fuck yourself. I'd love to drink at my work, crack a bottle of jack and just get blitzed in front of everyone... thing is, by working at multiple places, I agree not to....

MMA isn't black and white.

I dont know why you noobs keep saying "hasn't had a win since 2011" as if it means anything more than the fact that he lost a controversial decision to Condit, lost a fight to WW GOAT GSP, and fought to a No Contest against P4P GOAT - Anderson Silva (who was on Roids).

"oh, maybe if I say he hasn't won a fight in 5 years, some dumbass fans who aren't aware might think that dude's been losing fights for 5 years".

come on man. you're better than that. you're on sherdog. we aren't idiots here. save your marketing gimmick for #VoteTrump

nick would beat bisping and tyron imo
and i dont even like him

The real truth is that Nick Diaz is the Chuck Norris of MMA. If he wants to be a contender, there is nothing Joe Silva or Dana White can say. It's not if Nate Diaz is still a contender, it is the if he wants to permit the title to be his contender.

War Diaz!

Even if he doesn't fight for a belt.. His next seven fights could be Maia in Brazil, rematch Condit in NY, rematch Lawler in Vegas, fight Bisping in Ca, fight Belfort in Mexico, fight GSP in Hawaii, and fight Machida in Japan.. You could even add Nate to those same cards with Nate vs Barboza in Brazil, fight Magney in NY, fight Masvidal in Vegas, fight Max G in Ca, fight Alvarez in Mexico, fight Brooks in Hawaii, and rematch Rory in Japan..

Back