Is 2 days of judo enough to progress??

J

Jaypierce

Hey whats up everyone? Sorry if this isn't the right forum for me to be asking this but I just wanted what the opinions of the judoka in this forum are. My clubs going to be having regular judo classes starting next week 2x a week for 2 hours. Considering that i'm still a white belt can I still progress with two judo classes a week?? There's a few black/brown/blue belts in the adult class and a typical class starts off with 10-15 min of warmup/basic conditioning, followed by tachiwaza and uchikomi for about an hour and the last 45min or so consists of newaza. We also do randori in both classes. I'm normally dead tired by the time the class is done and sore the next day. Based off this info, do you think I should add in another day by going to another club, or can I just do 3 days of weight lifting along with the 2 days of judo and progress?

Judo always had blue belts.

In Canada it is White, Yellow, Orange, Green, Blue, Brown, Black.

Not really, judo originally had white and black, it was a japanese teaching in paris Mikonosuke Kaiwashi who invented the multicolor belts when he tried to adapt teaching to a western mentality.

In Japan, there are still a lot of dojos with only white and black, there is also brown now in japan and i think green for kids.

Hey whats up everyone? Sorry if this isn't the right forum for me to be asking this but I just wanted what the opinions of the judoka in this forum are. My clubs going to be having regular judo classes starting next week 2x a week for 2 hours. Considering that i'm still a white belt can I still progress with two judo classes a week?? There's a few black/brown/blue belts in the adult class and a typical class starts off with 10-15 min of warmup/basic conditioning, followed by tachiwaza and uchikomi for about an hour and the last 45min or so consists of newaza. We also do randori in both classes. I'm normally dead tired by the time the class is done and sore the next day. Based off this info, do you think I should add in another day by going to another club, or can I just do 3 days of weight lifting along with the 2 days of judo and progress?

yes, I would die for two days of judo a week, seriously.

Heck yes. I only get one hour a week. The points system in Judo has it that its gonna take at least 7 years to get a Black Belt anyway. So as long as you are getting the most out of your classes AND attending regularly, its plenty.

I recomend doing a tournament to get more live experience.

Back