Is 1 PED bust forgivable?

For the majority of people it seems to be that the first bust is damaging but failing a second test seems to seal the deal.

Anderson has 1 bust.
Brian Ortega has 1 bust.
Jones has 2
Vitor and Barnett have 17.

Does it make a difference? Is Anderson back in GOAT list?

Honestly I look at MMA differently to every other sport because of the TRT exemption a few years back with Sonnen, Hendo, Vitor etc, coupled with how many of these guys cheat. I don't agree with the laughable suspensions, they should be longer, but sadly cheating/juicing is almost part of the sport. Its the reason why the sport will never be universally accepted.

Anderson did officially fail a second test and USADA suspended him for a year because of it.

So he does have 2 busts.

Last edited:
Not really. One bust doesn't equate to one incident of usage.

1st bust, likely sex pills.

2nd bust, probably contaminated creatine.

3rd bust, It’s probably an honest mistake.

Too many variables, I think fighters deserve the benefit of the doubt up to 13 test failures.

1x PED bust can be forgiven but when a fighter for example Jon Jones has multiple failed drug tests that include Steroids, Turinabol, Clomiphene & Letrozole then that said person's accomplishments have to be disqualified.

It doesn't help that Jon Jones has even gone to the resort if hiding underneath the cage to avoid drug testing from USADA and has even had the main event cancelled (UFC 200) for testing positive for PEDs

Not even gonna mention how bad was the CSAC hearing was for him.

If USADA went after him like they did Lance Armstrong, his MMA record be 0-1-0 with 23 NC and considering how the CSAC hearing went, they most likely will.

Only the last remaining Jones nutthuggers who live in Cuckistan would defend his PED usage by just saying that everyone else does it.
I love this post.

One and done. Once you make the decision to cheat it’s over.

They all cheat, it's not about the decision to cheat it's about being smart enough not to get bust.

Of course you have the odd ones that don't cheat but it's a minority.

I say let them roid up.

Nothing is worth my money more than seeing Brock Lesnar lay on top of someone and hold their faces to the mat with roid strength and use his fist like a hammer because his tiny mind cant think of anything else to do. I mean, with roids, you dont even need skill and thus the sport is even better for it...:rolleyes:

popping for doping violations after being a proven drug cheat isn’t really forgivable at all.

If you got off your first doping violation proving it to be false and then popped after that is more forgivable.

its still bad

if someone got caught once, i doubt that was the first and only time they did any.

Back