IRS guilty, ordered to pay 3.5 million to conservatives..

Yeah, that's the end of the process. When we talk about something coming out, we are generally referring to the information becoming known. The story was widely reported on in 2013 (though it was incomplete, which led to some of the misunderstandings we've seen ITT). 2017 is just when the administration decided to pay off some of the groups with names that were targeted (you can draw your own conclusions there...).

What the heck are you talking about?

yes but would having a court victory, paying 3.5 million give a LOT more credibility, than just an apology?

I could be wrong tho?

yes but would having a court victory, paying 3.5 million give a LOT more credibility, than just an apology?

I could be wrong tho?

There was no court victory. The Trump administration just decided to settle with the right-wing groups with names that were targeted. Actually looks like a pretty questionable decision.

And can you explain the weird bit about Obama there? What's the bigger issue? What was the Obama troll remark?

lol, the Obama (Osama) comment in the OP. Please follow along.

And by court victory, I meant justice department settlement, sorry.

Hmm. I have Bloodworth on ignore so I didn't see the OP (missed the thread at first because of that, too). Whatever you think I was responding to, I wasn't. I think that should be a lesson about partisanship (that is, try to put it aside and realize that other people are just people, too--even if they don't support your preferred party).

It's a significant difference, though.

So kind of like the baseless anti-Trump conspiracy theories that haven't amounted to anything but which you guys still talk about 24/7?

lol baseless conspiracies don't result in indictments and guilty pleas bruhbruh.

Hmm. I have Bloodworth on ignore so I didn't see the OP (missed the thread at first because of that, too). Whatever you think I was responding to, I wasn't. I think that should be a lesson about partisanship (that is, try to put it aside and realize that other people are just people, too).

It's a significant difference, though.

You probably also have bobgeese on ignore? I mean, I dont blame you. I like seeing opinions on both sides, to kind of find my middle ground. In general, I am more in agreement with you guys on the left, than on the right. I just feel Trump being elected is making people double down on their rhetoric and further dividing people.

I have told @nac386 before that I mostly ignore it when it is on the right, because I feel the typical right is every shrinking. I only really say something when I see it from the left, because I feel when those on the left get on their high horse about having the unbiased sources, etc, it pushes people in the middle away. Which is how Trump got elected, among other things.

So kind of like the baseless anti-Trump conspiracy theories that haven't amounted to anything but which you guys still talk about 24/7?

This is an example. How you guys minimizing the event gives people an excuse to minimize future things.

Then you see this response

lol baseless conspiracies don't result in indictments and guilty pleas bruhbruh.

Conspiracies end in registrations, firings, and paying out 3.5 million

@Jack V Savage do you see how this is an endless loop? Let me say that, I do not think Obama is connected to this IRS thing, or any conspiracy. Doesn't mean there are sleazy people all over the government. But does this story end at the IRS? If so, you have to say Trumps conspiracies end at whoever resigns or gets caught.

Yet nothing to do with Russian collusion...

<Lmaoo><Lmaoo><Lmaoo>

Don't worry, I'm sure you guys will get Obama and Hillary locked up one day! Never stop following your dreams!

clear-495a83e08fc8e5d7569efe6339a1228ee08292fa1f2bee8e0be6532990cb3852.gif
mp,550x550,matte,ffffff,t.3u1.jpg

Hahahahah

Your.....ha ha ha he didint write you're....
Let me share it with my buddy .

Yeah you guys must be a blast.

Guess that's all you got when you live in certain places.

Almost feel bad for you guys.....

You probably also have bobgeese on ignore? I mean, I dont blame you. I like seeing opinions on both sides, to kind of find my middle ground.

Yes. I like seeing opinions on all sides, but I actually think it helps you get a more balanced view by ignoring the real dregs of the other side (otherwise I might be led to believe that people like geese and BW were representative of the right and just dismiss right-wing thinking). I regularly read many right-wing pundits who I respect, and I'm happy to engage the better right-wing posters here.

This is an example. How you guys minimizing the event gives people an excuse to minimize future things.

Then you see this response

I don't think anything's been minimized. The story just didn't turn out to be what was originally feared.

@Jack V Savage do you see how this is an endless loop? Let me say that, I do not think Obama is connected to this IRS thing, or any conspiracy. Doesn't mean there are sleazy people all over the government. But does this story end at the IRS? If so, you have to say Trumps conspiracies end at whoever resigns or gets caught.

The IRS is special among agencies, though, in that it really is kept very separate from the administration. And, yes, IRS scandals by design end at the IRS. They're pretty much unique among agencies in that way (and for good reason--the whole point is to prevent it from being used as a weapon against political enemies). Also, what we're seeing here can be more reasonably attributed to sloth than to sleaze, though even that is somewhat unfair. They had more work than they could handle, and they took a shortcut, which was poorly thought-out because targeted groups had a legitimate gripe about the fairness (though it had nothing to with partisanship, as they used keywords that helped identify political groups all over the spectrum).

<TrumpWrong1>

*didn't

Don't worry, I'm sure you guys will get Obama and Hillary locked up one day! Never stop following your dreams!

mp,550x550,matte,ffffff,t.3u1.jpg

The fact that Hillary got away scot-free with destroying 33,000 pieces of relevant evidence, and James Comey has admitted on film to leaking information, is very good evidence for a two-tiered legal system.

For people like Eric Holder, Hillary Clinton, and James Comey, if you work to further the establishment's goals, then you can live under the philosophy of "The rules are for thee, not for me!".

The fact that crimes committed by agents of the establishment go ignored, yet investigations based upon no evidence go on for years against populist political leaders, hasn't been forgotten by the electorate. It's likely a very large reason why Trump was elected in 2016, and it's one of the reasons he has my vote in the year 2020.

Hey your beef is with dhalsim guy over there don't take it on me.

I just thought your exchanges are funny thats all. So why try to insult me?

Jesus I can't believe you have to reply to that.

images

Last edited:
Back