IRS guilty, ordered to pay 3.5 million to conservatives..

Automatically filled in "fu." I guess @waiguoren will be slamming me for a while on that one.

giphy.gif

Also, Zoolander is a movie that Roger Ebert gave a poor review but that I really like.

Would you at least concede that it is wrong for the IRS to target political groups based solely on their politics? It would be significant, because many on the Left subscribe to the belief that government misconduct is okay, as long as it targets adversaries.
They all should be targeted, political groups shouldn't be considered non-profits. If they don't make a profit then they wouldn't have to pay taxes anyway, if they're making a profit, they don't have to pay taxes because they're considered a "non-profit" as long as the profit is within the work they do.

Taxation has some silly rules if you ask me.

I don't disagree the industry is in decline, and I am actually glad it is. I also don't disagree they are stupid for not accepting the aid. Despite seeing their point of view, I hate the coal industry. I am just saying, for those people to change their ways and get on board, they need something much more tangible.

Dude, no! They needed something much *less* tangible. Just a few speeches from a conman saying that coal is awesome and we're gonna bring it back and they're happy (with him, I mean--not necessarily in life). Tangible action is boring.

Instead of bailing out wall street or fighting foreign wars, they should have given that money to green energy companies and built a bunch of infrastructure for the region. Could power much of the east coast. That is the type of game plan is needed to change these peoples mindset.

We had no choice but to bail out Wall Street. I'm with you on the foreign wars.

lol @ the fuck extent.

:)

No one should be be targeted. Many on the left? Show proof of that.

Hmm... Proof of a generally held belief amongst a group of people? What, you want me to take a survey? I see and hear their mainstream views every day. Go talk to some Leftys and see for yourself.

They all should be targeted, political groups shouldn't be considered non-profits. If they don't make a profit then they wouldn't have to pay taxes anyway, if they're making a profit, they don't have to pay taxes because they're considered a "non-profit" as long as the profit is within the work they do.

Taxation has some silly rules if you ask me.

Setting aside this issue about unequal enforcement of the rules, I agree with you. The government shouldn't be in the business of incentivizing political advocacy groups with tax breaks, subsidies, or anything else. There's enough money in politics anyway.

Back