Irony of Nick Diaz being one of UFC's most popular fighters.

I
Just wondering what proof you have that nick is a star. Not saying it isn't true but i would like to see proof if you have it.

Anyone can sell fighting gsp, gsp is the draw I don't think that proves him a star.

His ppv with Condit did well 400k but that's not huge.

His ppv with bj Penn tanked at like 280k buys
to be fair tho, UFC 137 and 143 were ravaged with injuries

He's a fighter, he doesn't pretend to be anything else.

Doesn't have a ripped physique, average looking guy and just comes in to fight and throw combos.

It's entertaining.

Nick Diaz is ripped bro

Ppl like Diaz because he is not fake. He is what he is and he says what he means that is why people like him

And win or lose his fights are never boring

Well put! On that note.... 209 muthafuka! what!?

disclaimer: I do not suggest anyone going to the 209 because it is an awful place.

except for nick specifically said he didnt want to hurt anyone and thinks other fighters are lying when they say as much.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iYmYX32pbxA

I'm not saying he literally does want to, just that his persona and antics create a character of someone who is here to "bring the pain" that draws fans in....on a more important note, I'm guessing you're from Memphis? Me too!

bdc01f_4242034.jpg

Does it for the $$, not the glory, that much is clear.

I guess you can't really help your genetics, clearly Nick and Nate are not very well spoken and never will be. Weed smoking doesn't help much either, lol.

hia style is awesome to watch he is the man when he fights the right opponent - otherwise he loses and embarasses himself

It is not ironic at all. People like him because he fights his ass off, acts how he feels and speaks his mind.

In a world of kiss asses it is nice to see a straight shooter.

It is not ironic at all. People like him because he fights his ass off, acts how he feels and speaks his mind.

In a world of kiss asses it is nice to see a straight shooter.

true that. very hard to find now days

He's popular because he's interesting, honest (to a fault), and an peculiar mix of bitchy punk kid and thoughtful warrior.

Plus he ALWAYS comes to fight.

Ppl like Diaz because he is not fake. He is what he is and he says what he means that is why people like him

And win or lose his fights are never boring

Pretty much this. Fact is 95% of fighters put on an act and play all sweet, hiding their ego and pretending they love being hounded by media and fans. Diaz tells the truth in everything and speaks his mind.

And yeah he's never boring, he even made a dominant GSP win exciting.

Back