Irony of Nick Diaz being one of UFC's most popular fighters.

Ppl like Diaz because he is not fake. He is what he is and he says what he means that is why people like him

And win or lose his fights are never boring

Pretty much this, although I wished you'd voweled up on the 1st people

You gotta love Nick... He brings himself and only himself when he decides to turn up for interviews and media days.. He doesn't give a fuck and that you gotta respect..

Guys like Diaz are their own worst enemies, and in this world, to get along, you have to learn the politics game.

I speak from experience. I am similar to Diaz in this respect, but not as angry, and I have had a lot more problems than my friends and colleagues as a result.

I have become relatively successful through a lot of hard work, but it has been very frustrating. However, like Diaz, that is just the way I am.

Similar to Diaz, some people respect me for it but can't be like this themselves as most people are able to play the game and get along, some of us are incapable of that.

He's a fighter, he doesn't pretend to be anything else.

Doesn't have a ripped physique, average looking guy and just comes in to fight and throw combos.

It's entertaining.

Nick Diaz is one of the only fighters in the world who actually says exactly what he feels and backs it up. He's genuine, he lives it.

Put that aside... I'm not sure how any fan doesn't like his fighting style? He constantly moves forward and pressures, he never backs down, he has a very unique and effective boxing skillset, and tremendous BJJ game.

I think the guy lets himself down by the way he acts after a loss but you can't deny that the guy is exciting to watch. I see him going for rapid body punches if Anderson clinches with him

not sure why there are so many haters, keyboard warriors

Guys like Diaz are their own worst enemies, and in this world, to get along, you have to learn the politics game.

I speak from experience. I am similar to Diaz in this respect, but not as angry, and I have had a lot more problems than my friends and colleagues as a result.

I have become relatively successful through a lot of hard work, but it has been very frustrating. However, like Diaz, that is just the way I am.

Similar to Diaz, some people respect me for it but can't be like this themselves as most people are able to play the game and get along, some of us are incapable of that.

You "have" to learn the politics game? Why play a game. Why be forced to having to learn to be fake. Diplomatic...that's what's wrong w the world bunch of fake self interested drones.....Nick is a game changer. He didn't subscribe to this "having to learn the politics" and he has managed to get fights with two of the GOATS ever.

Ppl like Diaz because he is not fake. He is what he is and he says what he means that is why people like him

And win or lose his fights are never boring

No, it has nothing to do with keeping it real because Diaz would be hard to get along with if he met most of his fans. I'm not saying he's a dick, just that if you ain't in his circle you will never see the real Nick Diaz.

People like him because he is anti establishment and seems to not have a self edit button. They like him because he says things in certain situation that they wish they could say.

People like him have always been popular with a certain segment in society.

I enjoy his interviews because he is inadvertently entertaining but I cringe at his fighting style. Allows himself to get hit too often and he will pay for that as he get older and his skills decrease.

He is the self-destructive fighter. And as such, he is a tragic character. waiting to fall. I feel sorry for him and sadly, imagine he will continually comie out of retirement for money far after he ends up a shell of what he once was. Then he will be seen by many as a joke.

I don't think Diaz is one of the UFC's most popular fighters, by a long shot.

He's in the same boat as Reem, Rousey, etc.

You either love him or hate him.

he's never been close to being finished in the UFC, he has quite a few fights that were bad decisions. When he loses the opponent plays the point game and avoid really fighting him. All of these things are translucent to a non bias person. He will tool Anderson the farce in 2 weeks because he don't have the cardio or skill to pull a condit

he's never been close to being finished in the UFC, he has quite a few fights that were bad decisions. When he loses the opponent plays the point game and avoid really fighting him. All of these things are translucent to a non bias person. He will tool Anderson the farce in 2 weeks because he don't have the cardio or skill to pull a condit

"Translucent"? You know that means that although light passes through, it isn't all that clear, right? Talk about a fail troll attempt. You can't even use English correctly.

thats rught. nick comes to fight and thats why fans like him

He is very popular with the "casual base" and the "wannabe" crowds... I like to watch him purely to see him lose... So I guess I fall into the trap

Agreed. And I admire him for not being scared of Dana White, unlike most fighters. Nick puts a lot on the line by being himself, warts and all, and many people admire that kind of courage.

Unlike when Dana acts "real" and "tells it like it is", Nick isn't trying to be cool and Edgy. It seems like he just wants to be comfortable. The kind of people that connect with his kind of personality are definitely a different kind of people than those who connect with Dana's.

That's actually a really good way of putting it.

His middle finger also helps. As soon as someone puts on a mean mug and throws a middle finger in the air they're immediately speaking to the souls of all the angry teens and disenfranchised 25-30 year olds out there.

Back