Ironmind IMTUG Recommendation?

Escopeta

Blue Belt
@Blue
Reaction score
I can currently close the CoC-1 for about 10 reps a set, sometimes more. I'm looking for the IMTUG with middle balance between reps and closing difficulty, strictly for pinch work. I was thinking the #3 or 4.

I can currently close the CoC-1 for about 10 reps a set, sometimes more. I'm looking for the IMTUG with middle balance between reps and closing difficulty, strictly for pinch work. I was thinking the #3 or 4.

juust curl more???!

Dont buy the IMTUGs. I have a few and they are pretty much worthless.

Here's what you need:
Trainer gripper (for warmups)
#1.5
#2.5

BTW Whats with the high reps? If you can close the #1 10 times you need to be working on the 1.5 or 2 IMO. Im no pro, but I have closed the 2.5 with both hands and was about .25'' away from the #3 when I lost interest.

I contemplated buying the IMTUG myself for my pinkie and ring finger, but then realized why not just use the Trainer for an inverted close for only those two fingers? Thus, I had saved some money.

And, you don't need IMTUG for improving your strength when it comes to grip strength. You need to work on a sensible program with a range of grippers. If you can do 10 nice reps/closes on the #1, you should have the #2.

You could do say 3 or 5 sets of 5 closes of the #1 with one or two negatives on the #2 (and if you cannot fully close it, cheat it closed, then just hold on for dear life until you open it slowly before failure.)

Eventually you'll improve enough to where you can close the #2 for singles, and that will bring you closer to being able to do enough reps on it to prepare for the same procedure on the #2.5 - and so on it goes.

The only reason for me doing extended reps on a gripper would be for endurance, but that's only for grippers below the level I am currently working on or working for.

Right now I am doing 3 sets of 5 parallel closes on the #3 with one or two extended negatives thrown in at the end of the set, and it works very well for me. Going to expand this to 5x5, and then eventually more fuller sweeps, before I start working on the #3.5.

Sorry I wasn't more clear in the original post. I wanna work my thumbs in a pinch grip sort of style with the IMTUG. I busted my right thumb years ago, I thought it'd be a good way get the kinks out and keep it on par, strength-wise, with the rest of my hand.

If you have a hardware store near you, see if you can find some pony clamps that fit your level of strength etc. (there are also probably similar alternatives that are easy to use). You might save some money this way. Of course, if you cannot find, then go with IMTUG for whatever you need naturally. I myself don't have so I can't speak for them one way or the other.

I use pony clamps for the thumbs.

Back