Iron Mike Tyson on JRE this Thursday, Clear your schedules

Why are you lying? Why do people do this?!

Holyfield was a cruiserweight in Tyson's absolute prime. He moved up to fight Tyson. He was scheduled to face Mike after the Buster Douglas fight but we both know what happened there. Tyson then had a few comeback fights and they were again scheduled to fight in 1991 but Tyson pulled out a few weeks before because of a hip injury.

Lennox established himself as a pro much later and by then, Tyson was a shell of himself after prison. Mike paid Lewis step a side money so he could face Holyfield which was a bigger money fight.

None of them avoided him.
this is it. thank you. truth hurts. suck it up Mikey fanboys. Tyron's advantage was speed. when his speed deteriorated, he got destroyed by 2 legit greats.

this is it. thank you. truth hurts. suck it up Mikey fanboys. Tyron's advantage was speed. when his speed deteriorated, he got destroyed by 2 legit greats.

It's the YouTube comment readers. They always say the same generic things about Tyson.

Don't get me wrong, I have no problem with anyone having Mike as one of the greatest H2H HWs. He was tremendous at his peak.

But I am objective, unlike most people on this planet. When someone accuses the warrior Holyfield of ducking, then he needs to be hit with facts.

yes. but can anyone tell me if prime mike tyson could actually beat Lennox or holyfield? foreman is a terrible matchup for Tyson in my opinion. he beats guys like tyron and Frazier easily.

I would pick him to lose to big George every time. It would be Frazier all over again.

I think he would beat Lewis, but could lose in a rematch.

Holyfield is a tough one. Evander was also past his best when he fought Mike, but he was definitely closer to his peak (even though he was older). I think if Mike kept his cool and had Rooney in his corner he could out point Holyfield. But I could be wrong, as Holyfield had the strength and heart to push Tyson on the back foot. I would have loved to have seen the fight before Tyson went to prison. It was shaping up to be HUGE!

I definitely do favour Foreman over him though. No doubt!

looking forward to seeing Rogan kiss the arse of a convicted rapist. Next guest live skype call from Bill Cosby's jail cell.

d61d97f21656abd11178e0acc8fa8aa5.jpg

I thought Tyson went to Bolivian.
Whatever the case I'm sure Holyfield will be all ears for this one.

fwjicUw.gif

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

miketysontiger_vice_670.jpg

2MGj.gif

Sweet, big fan of Tyson but before I clear my schedule to listen to Joe's podcast for the first time I first must ask if there is an option to mute Joe Rogan so I can only hear Tyson?

Sweet, big fan of Tyson but before I clear my schedule to listen to Joe's podcast for the first time I first must ask if there is an option to mute Joe Rogan so I can only hear Tyson?
Stop lying. It’s not your first time listening.

People getting their hopes up here hahah.

Tyson can't string two sentences together. Most of it will be his weird MK ultra handler talking for him

yeah, i get that. i just couldn't care less what he thinks about today's combat sports.

He’s led an interesting life. But honestly I have heard him tell his story 100 times. I’ve seen documentaries about his life. I am old enough to have seen him compete in his prime. Nothing new will really come out in the interview. Likely just re-visiting the same old stuff.

Ruthless_swag said:
lol most overrated boxer of all time.
holyfield
Lennox
foreman were all better than him.
How old are you?

I am guessing under 30
Actually Ruthless_swag is right on the money. Tyson had a decent run but he IS WAAAAAAY overrated, and Lewis, Holyfield, and Big George were better than him.

Lennox & Holyfield didnt want any of it in his prime ,both dodged him
What are you talking about? Holyfield moved up in weight to get to Tyson and Lewis was after him for years. Prime? They are both older than Mike!!! The only ducking (as far as Tyson is concerned) was Mike avoiding Foreman at all costs.

Jesus fucking Christ. I didn't realise that circle jerk of Schaub/Callen/Bravo talking up Joe's supposed badassery actually worked on people.
A shot at defending himself. I didn’t say he would beat him and never in Tyson’s prime. You’d have to be an idiot to think an active black belt BJJ has no chance at it. Especially since he’s in shape and on roids while Tyson keeps slurring down.

I don't even need to explain... nor do I care to..

Well, no. You can't explain, because there is no believable.

I'm not even a particular ardent follower of boxing, but anyone who follows combat sports at all should be aware that calling tyson the GOAT HW boxer is... ignorant.

And Foreman would have crushed him in the ring.

He’s led an interesting life. But honestly I have heard him tell his story 100 times. I’ve seen documentaries about his life. I am old enough to have seen him compete in his prime. Nothing new will really come out in the interview. Likely just re-visiting the same old stuff.

As much of a Mike Tyson fan as I am, I agree 100%. Past stuff, it won’t be anything that hasn’t already been brought out from his book “Undisputed Truth”. Anything new I’m guessing may relate to current combat sports, perhaps Mike’s venture into the cannabis industry...but who knows? Rogan is capable of bringing up interesting topics as well.

Back