Iron maiden

I couldn't answer this question to my satisfaction. Just too many great songs. This is one of them

Another thread that reminds me I'm old as fuck! I saw the Powerslave tour.

Number of the beast is my favorite album.
+1. I remember the first time I heard the song "Number of the Beast". Bought a bass. The first time I paid my own money to see a show was that show, "World Slavery Tour" at MLG.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cOVzXYEU3Bk

I hope my embedding attempt works. That song will appeal to all masses of people.

almost posted this myself, great choice . Absolute classic . One of my favorite bands to see live . Thank God they still tour alot

Edit : I just realized im actually wearing an Iron Maiden shirt right now , from the Maiden England Tour

+1. I remember the first time I heard the song "Number of the Beast". Bought a bass. The first time I paid my own money to see a show was that show, "World Slavery Tour" at MLG.

Was that 1984? I might have been at that same show - yikes.

I remember the first time I heard Number of the Beast. Spring vacation 1982 we went on vacation to Paris and London. Walking around SoHo with my parents I saw posters around with Eddy and 666, heard. Heard number of the beast on the radio while still in the UK and was like, 'holy crap". Wasn't until a a couple of months later that I heard it on the radio in Canada.

Too hard, but I'm feeling Flight of the Icarus right now

[YT]/J3I88wsFKao[/YT]

Always feeling

[YT]/5zyUG0KHlKk[/YT]

My mobile hates YouTube embeds, but Hallowed be Thy Name is one of my GOAT favs ever.

Hallowed Be Thy Name is without a doubt my favorite song of all time for any band. It's perfection. The 11 that no other song can compare to. Fear of the Dark live is chilling though, and Rhyme of the Ancient Mariner is the definition of epic.

[YT]28GaKoCuobU[/YT]
[YT]t7zk4as9kzA[/YT]

For songs that make me want to thrash, the Trooper, Aces High, and Prowler get me going.

Bonus Covers.

[YT]qgmVBgSvfDo[/YT]
[YT]DViO9f40K48[/YT]

From pre- Blaze 'Maiden: 22 Acacia Avenua
From Blaze 'Maiden: Clansman
From post- Blaze 'Maiden: Different World

Di'Anno Era - "Remember Tomorrow"
First Bruce Era - "The Clairvoyant"
Blaze Era - "The Clansman"
Second Bruce Era - "The Legacy"

What a tough question. Even breaking it down that way was tough.

This thread delivers,some of the very best of maiden. Surprised nobody has mentioned paschendale yet.

The Clansman with Bruce is a much better song.

Transylvania, 2 A.M., 2 Minutes to Midnight, Phantom of the Opera.. all great songs.

"Best" would need to be The Trooper or Hallowed Be Thy Name.

They have an impressive music catalog.

probably the title song

it sounded really great sung live by Bruce

also the trooper and the number of the beast are awesome

Back