IRON FIST Season 2 (Cancelled at Netflix After Two Seasons)

it was necessary though. now the city still has its protector, and danny is free to go elsewhere for a bit.

especially with whatever they're cooking up with daredevil's return, and we're assuming Shawdoland, probably better that someone as underpowered and him out of the picture.

hell its too bad they wont do a whole season on the adventures of Ward and Danny in Asia.
If I'm being honest, Colleen Wing is the better character on the show, so for that reason I'm not too bothered by it. But the undertone of "toxic masculinity" was just too predictably sjw for my taste - that and the fact that Iron Fist has been written as such an impotent dweeb since day 1.

The Ward & Danny adventures in Asia would normally be very appealing, but I was hoping they just killed Danny outright when I saw where this season was going. His character is irredeemable for me at this point.

They actually did do a prequel comic book series on the Iron Fist that was all about the uncle they seem to be on the trail of, and Danny's outfit at the end with the pistols was how that character rolled. Very cool Iron Fist story. Shame its not in more capable hands.

Im just finishing episode 1, i don't think it's nearly as bad as being made out to be.
I didn't make it past 2 episodes in Season 1.
Ep 1 started off boring, but picked towards the end. Im interested to see where it goes
Lol one of the most cringe sex scenes ive ever seen though

Lol at this hot asian chick throwing away her marriage and dignity to fuck an angry manlet

I think the action is all around better at least

Boring first episode (as expected). I had to fast forward a lot of the scenes or just turn them into background noise while I do other stuff.

But why the hell would they show Danny shirtless?? I thought he'd be a little ripped or gain a bit muscle tone since season one. But he looks worse and softer than ever.

If I'm being honest, Colleen Wing is the better character on the show, so for that reason I'm not too bothered by it. But the undertone of "toxic masculinity" was just too predictably sjw for my taste - that and the fact that Iron Fist has been written as such an impotent dweeb since day 1.

The Ward & Danny adventures in Asia would normally be very appealing, but I was hoping they just killed Danny outright when I saw where this season was going. His character is irredeemable for me at this point.

They actually did do a prequel comic book series on the Iron Fist that was all about the uncle they seem to be on the trail of, and Danny's outfit at the end with the pistols was how that character rolled. Very cool Iron Fist story. Shame its not in more capable hands.

i didn't see any sjw stuff. they're definitely pushing female characters, but why wouldn't they?

i think what they were going for and failed to convey was danny was an addict, and that addict/recovery process was his whole arc this season.

other than that his interactions with the other characters was way better and less hokey. so i'm not done with the character yet. i think all three characters, jessica, luke, and danny, are at a point where i want to see their next story arcs. origins checked of, family issues checked off, now we can see if the writers can do something with these characters

Lol at this hot asian chick throwing away her marriage and dignity to fuck an angry manlet

I think the action is all around better at least

i think the idea being she fucks around all the time, this is just one instance where it can be caught on cam.

they were just trying to show something about Davos, but yeah that scene was the worst one in the season. i actually looked away.

i think the idea being she fucks around all the time, this is just one instance where it can be caught on cam.

they were just trying to show something about Davos, but yeah that scene was the worst one in the season. i actually looked away.
Lol Yeah, i got that. I just didn't believe she would do it with that manlet.
She's hot, filthy rich, and powerful....she even comments on him not having money, it was just completely unbelievable that a woman in her position would want to fuck HIM.

They needed a much taller and better looking dude to pull that off.
He looks like a short, angry White House staffer. On no planet is he getting ass thrown his way like that

Lol it's a small gripe but just stood out big time for me. 2 episodes in, and 2 of the worst/weird sex/romance scenes ive ever scene
<36>

Lol Yeah, i got that. I just didn't believe she would do it with that manlet.
She's hot, filthy rich, and powerful....she even comments on him not having money, it was just completely unbelievable that a woman in her position would want to fuck HIM.

They needed a much taller and better looking dude to pull that off.
He looks like a short, angry White House staffer. On no planet is he getting ass thrown his way like that

Lol it's a small gripe but just stood out big time for me. 2 episodes in, and 2 of the worst/weird sex/romance scenes ive ever scene
<36>

yeah, terrible casting.

Lol who gives a shit?
"Danny Rand" isn't a real person. There's nothing unrealistic about there being an Asian-American billionaire in a make belief comic book world. Guess what else isn't in the US? A dragon powered fist.

lol ive seen you make this argument before, and it is ridiculous. If you can believe there's a man that has dragon powers ,then you can believe that there is a an Asian-American billionaire
What is the argument FOR changing the character of Danny Rand? I don't care if there is a show/story/comic whatever with any thing other than a white male lead... but this story is about Danny Rand. There are story arcs going back to the 80s or whatever with Danny, Luke, Matt, and the crew, the whole point of these Netflix series are to bring those comics to life and showcase that Netflix/Marvel can make some decent to great(DD)television. Changing Danny's character just because "Waaaah, he is white," makes zero sense and only caters to cry babies, cucks, and sjws.

What is the argument FOR changing the character of Danny Rand? I don't care if there is a show/story/comic whatever with any thing other than a white male lead... but this story is about Danny Rand. There are story arcs going back to the 80s or whatever with Danny, Luke, Matt, and the crew, the whole point of these Netflix series are to bring those comics to life and showcase that Netflix/Marvel can make some decent to great(DD)television. Changing Danny's character just because "Waaaah, he is white," makes zero sense and only caters to cry babies, cucks, and sjws.
lol First, dude, you immediately make yourself sound silly when you throw around these dumb terms like cuck and sjw.
I read comics quite a bit before, but never really got into Iron Fist, so, personally, I don't really care about the character, but the argument as to why he should be Asian is more about common sense and also inclusion, imo.

Let's just use common sense here..this character is based on chi and kung fu and asian mysticism, why is he a white guy? This story takes place in an Asian setting, out of the billions of asians in the world, lol why is it a white guy that's "the chosen one"? Same with Dr. Strange. Doesn't make any sense. It's only that way because a white guy drew it that way. But it doesn't make a lot of sense.
It's like "The Last Samurai" starring...Tom Cruise. We have asians in the world now that speak English, are Americans. A lot of these movies are set in the "real world" to a degree, so in 2018, a white Danny Rand is pretty fucking goofy, tbh.

The character is already here, and I just don't care enough about him, but it's not a baseless complaint.

A lot of these movies are set in the "real world" to a degree, so in 2018, a white Danny Rand is pretty fucking goofy, tbh.

The shows being set in the “real world” is why I was saying Danny Rand has to be white, because he’s an American billionaire industrialist.

The shows being set in the “real world” is why I was saying Danny Rand has to be white, because he’s an American billionaire industrialist.
Yeah, and as I told you before...American doesn't mean white. He can be Asian American.

lol First, dude, you immediately make yourself sound silly when you throw around these dumb terms like cuck and sjw.
I read comics quite a bit before, but never really got into Iron Fist, so, personally, I don't really care about the character, but the argument as to why he should be Asian is more about common sense and also inclusion, imo.

Let's just use common sense here..this character is based on chi and kung fu and asian mysticism, why is he a white guy? This story takes place in an Asian setting, out of the billions of asians in the world, lol why is it a white guy that's "the chosen one"? Same with Dr. Strange. Doesn't make any sense. It's only that way because a white guy drew it that way. But it doesn't make a lot of sense.
It's like "The Last Samurai" starring...Tom Cruise. We have asians in the world now that speak English, are Americans. A lot of these movies are set in the "real world" to a degree, so in 2018, a white Danny Rand is pretty fucking goofy, tbh.

The character is already here, and I just don't care enough about him, but it's not a baseless complaint.
I'm not the one looking dumb here, pal. There is literally an origin story in the show that explains how and why Danny became the Iron Fist--you being ignorant of how Danny is the Iron Fist doesn't mean it doesn't make sense in the context of the Immortal Iron Fist back-story. Changing the character would accomplish what? Other than stopping people like you from crying about in on internet forums... It's not even like the cast of all of these Marvel Netflix shows lack diversity and inclusion. You have female main characters, a 99% black cast, you've got Elektra wrecking shit, Misty doing work, Colleen Wing, Claire, etc all important characters in the shows, all non-white, all hold their own, and all get loads of screen time. So, when you cry about "Danny Rand is white, where is my inclusion and diveristy," it just makes you seem childish and silly.

This story takes place in NYC 99% of the time...

Earlier you were claiming the shows are unrealistic(they are, they're based on comic books)and now you're crying for realism. LUL

If you want to see a show with an Asian martial artist kicking major ass, Into the Badlands has Sonny and he is an epic character/badass.

Season one started ok then dragged on. How’s season two shaping up

I grew up loving Iron Fist, Heroes For Hire was one of my favorite strips.

This series is one of the few shows that actually makes me angry because it should have been incredibly easy to a fun show. This would have been one of the rare occasions where it would have been better with a physical presence over a talented actor because if you don't believe Danny can wreck shop, there's no point to the show.

To make matters worse they had terrible writing, abysmal acting and amateur directing. This show could have been, should have been so much fun. Seriously, I wouldn't have thought it possible to butcher a mystical martial arts property this badly.

Yeah, and as I told you before...American doesn't mean white. He can be Asian American.

Daniel Rand needed to be white.

I generally don't care about the race of characters but if Danny had been anything else he would have been unrecognizable, especially as half of Heroes For Hire, which definitely had an extreme "ebony and ivory" vibe.

i didn't see any sjw stuff. they're definitely pushing female characters, but why wouldn't they?

i think what they were going for and failed to convey was danny was an addict, and that addict/recovery process was his whole arc this season.

other than that his interactions with the other characters was way better and less hokey. so i'm not done with the character yet. i think all three characters, jessica, luke, and danny, are at a point where i want to see their next story arcs. origins checked of, family issues checked off, now we can see if the writers can do something with these characters
I'm not one of those guys that sees SJW in everything they disagree with, but it was obvious that there was that "toxic masculinity" undertone to Danny's problem and that a woman was more capable/ deserving of wielding that power (which is what Danny was suddenly addicted to) subtext written into the script with a little bit of women don't need men sprinkled on top. And again, I like Wing's character, it was the best character of either season (Ward being 2nd), so I don't mind her getting some Iron Fist, or her own thing, but don't appreciate them ruining a character just to satisfy an agenda.

I hated season 1, because it was a shitty remake of Arrow season 1. Should i even bother with season 2? Is it any better? Is Danny still built like a hippie stoner?

Daniel Rand needed to be white.

I generally don't care about the race of characters but if Danny had been anything else he would have been unrecognizable, especially as half of Heroes For Hire, which definitely had an extreme "ebony and ivory" vibe.
I didn't really want to make this into a prolonged discussion, because most people on here can't seem to have a discussion about race where they disagree, without it turning into namecalling and accusations of being a cuck/SJW. (not you, of course) I wasn't a big reader of Iron Fist, so I don't have much invested in seeing him as one thing or the other.

I do get what you're saying, as far as the comics go. And I don't really even disagree with you.
All I am saying is is that considering the origins of this characters powers, and that it is 2018, I can get the otherside of the argument. Talking just about the show, thus far, I don't really see how him being an asian american, or really any other race wouldve made much of any difference to the story or character so far. Perhaps that becomes more apparent when you get into Heroes for Hire, but I honestly can't imagine it working in these Netflix shows with how over the top the Luke Cage racial plotlines are written, and how badly written Iron Fist is.

On another note, I am enjoying Colleen here. I didn't really care for her before, but she's a solid supporting character. I think one of the best in these Marvel Netflix shows.

Back