iron chins that broke in USADA era

Only time i saw him in as much trouble was against diaz. What else ya got? If woodley went for a walk around the stadium, robbie wasnt coming back from that.
Robbie was wobbled in Rory's fight and Hendricks.

Your hyperbole isn't even clever.

He was dropped vs Hari and Bonjasky but never ever seriously rocked or KO'd like in MMA against far harder hitters than he's ever faced in MMA.

I know. I just have fond memories from that fight. Your post made me think of it.

PEDs improve chin by a small percentage and so does fat. But most of these people were knocked out eventually for other reasons.

Ronda was headkicked. Head kick by those Holly Holm's long ass legs is no joke. Ronda has never been headkicked before.
Robbie was in 3-4 WARS against insane competition. His chin was bound to give up.
Johny gave up on training all together...
Junior was also in WARS. He sustained a ton of damage over the years.
Jose ran into the punch of a larger man with great KO power.
Conor gassed out from trying to KO a bigger dude in Nate who is known for his durability.
Miesha is a girl.
Hector is getting old. He got fucked up by Magny cause he gassed out, and got KO'd by Hendo cause Hendo has insane power and INSANE luck.

I do agree that PED's help, but I don't agree with the examples you provided.

Im not saying "miesha was on nandrolone so she got knocked out". Nobody knows that. Im saying, who suffered an unusual knockout in the time since we had usada? Its simply a matter of remembering a surprising knockout and checking the calendar to see if it happened after july 2015.

gimme some better examples if you don't like the ones given

You got science on way too high a pedestal. Have you ever been to a dr? Ive have no less than 4 conflicting diagnoses for the same condition before, from 4 different drs. My mum had a stomach complaint that the dr did nothing about for over ten years and a junior dr fixed it in a month. some drs hand out diazepam like candy, some will never give it out at all. Did you know that some drs won't discuss contraception because of their religious beliefs? Medicine is the worst bro science around

You just spat out like 4 anecdotal stories that prove absolutely nothing. Yes your 4 stories that I can't validate at all have successfully disproved science and medicine. Just stop it.

Robbie was wobbled in Rory's fight and Hendricks.

Your hyperbole isn't even clever.

This is a simple thread about fighters who have suffered knockouts since usada, who had gery few knockouts before. If you wanna be a bitch about it then i guess i improved your day? Your welcome

Post trt technically but Hendo.

You just spat out like 4 anecdotal stories that prove absolutely nothing. Yes your 4 stories that I can't validate at all have successfully disproved science and medicine. Just stop it.

So have you never been given a bullshit diagnosis by a dr?

Heres a story about scalpels being left in patients bodies and feeding tubes put in lungs instead of stomachs

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-35597244

And one of the most prolific serial killers of all time, who was a dr

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Harold_Shipman

tl:dr - drs are completely infallible because science

So have you never been given a bullshit diagnosis by a dr?

Heres a story about scalpels being left in patients bodies and feeding tubes put in lungs instead of stomachs

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-35597244

And one of the most prolific serial killers of all time, who was a dr

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Harold_Shipman

tl:dr - drs are completely infallible because science

No I haven't. Actually I have a somewhat uncommon spinal disease that a rheumatologist diagnosed for me on sight without any kind of tests. They ran the tests and her diagnosis was correct. I'm not saying that doctors are infallible what im saying is that anecdotal stories prove nothing. Show me a study that consistently shows that doctors are wrong and you'll have my ear. The facts are that medical science has made vast improvements in everyone's quality of life. Yes doctors know more than people on a message board it's not a topic for debate.

It sucks that you and your family have had bad luck with medical care but it proves nothing.

If you reread my first post, lombard has 43 fights in his record. He has only two ko losses. How this happened was he tested positive for steroids, came back, and suffered the only two ko losses of his career, back to back. Thats us up to date. 41 fights, no kos. Pops for drugs. 2 ko losses.

yr entitled to yr opinion man but thats pretty damning

There wasn't a single person out of Lombards previous 41 opponents that was gonna KO Him regardless of your BS epiphany.

Also Magny won by TKO from volume strikes that Lombard didn't really need to take but took anyways.

And as I mentioned the Elbow from Hendo would've killed anybody.

So basically you're saying if Hector was on PEDs he wouldn't have been KO'ed by that elbow? Riiiight...

The only thing damning is how stupid this fucking thread is.

.Your average sherdog poster seems to truly believe if you take steroids it's like a magic serum that makes you a better fighter. Anytime peds are discussed here it's never not embarrassing.

Nobody is saying that you take steroids one day and wake up the next an amazing fighter.

But if you don't think performance enhancing drugs can give a fighter major advantages over a clean dude, you are delusional. Advantages in the fight, advantages in how hard he trains and recovers.. why would guys take them and risk bans/fines if they were not hugely beneficial.

There's also the case of very average fighters who had lucrative careers due to PEDs. You think Shane Carwin would have made it to the UFC if he had not been juiced to the gills during his regional career? I would bet good money against it.
Shane-Carwin1.jpg

He was an extremely mediocre fighter skill-wise. The only thing he had going for him was that he was friggin huge which made him a heavy hitter and very marketable aesthetically. He made a tonne of money and even fought for a title. All thanks largely to steroids. Maybe there was a talented clean fighter who could have had the spot if it wasn't for cheating scum like Carwin.

So don't try to dismiss them like they have no effect on performance or even career earnings. These juiceheads are getting ahead via cheating.

These are pretty good examples.

Id add in Rockhold maybe. Hasnt lost since 2013, before that 2007. Has a decent chin.

Gets ko'd by Bisping who never ko's anyone.

Nobody is saying that you take steroids one day and wake up the next an amazing fighter.

But if you don't think performance enhancing drugs can give a fighter major advantages over a clean dude, you are delusional. Advantages in the fight, advantages in how hard he trains and recovers.. why would guys take them and risk bans/fines if they were not hugely beneficial.

There's also the case of very average fighters who had lucrative careers due to PEDs. You think Shane Carwin would have made it to the UFC if he had not been juiced to the gills during his regional career? I would bet good money against it.
Shane-Carwin1.jpg

He was an extremely mediocre fighter skill-wise. The only thing he had going for him was that he was friggin huge which made him a heavy hitter and very marketable aesthetically. He made a tonne of money and even fought for a title. All thanks largely to steroids. Maybe there was a talented clean fighter who could have had the spot if it wasn't for cheating scum like Carwin.

So don't try to dismiss them like they have no effect on performance or even career earnings. These juiceheads are getting ahead via cheating.

Where did I say they have no affect? If you actually read this shit on here there are a ton of people who think roids just turn you into a good fighter. Look through the threads. I don't even disagree with you your position it's reasonable. I'm specifically talking about people who talk about roids like you take a cycle and you become Anderson Silva. There are plenty of posts like that read through the threads more thoroughly.

Why do people saying Lawler had an iron chin? Lawler has been rocked and wobbled in most of his previous fights. Tyron caught him clean and these 'wars' have nothing to do with it.

Where did I say they have no affect? If you actually read this shit on here there are a ton of people who think roids just turn you into a good fighter. Look through the threads. I don't even disagree with you your position it's reasonable. I'm specifically talking about people who talk about roids like you take a cycle and you become Anderson Silva. There are plenty of posts like that read through the threads more thoroughly.
Ok bro my bad. Didn't read your post properly. I still think you're wrong about 9/11 tho

Some peds also increase bone density around the forehead,etc. Just check out cyborg. That's gotta help.

I actually agree with that. Feeling invincible is gonna keep that adrenaline pumping, which is the stuff they give you when your heart stops? I dont think a state of mind can stop you getting knocked out...its the hormones your body releases because of that state of mind
Isn't it said that x amount of the game is mental anyways?

It's hard to say. I would say it is possible that being juiced to the gills will give you better KO resistance. We've seen it a lot where a guy comes off the juice and is suddenly chinny. I can think of a couple of mechanical reasons why it might be the case, stronger neck muscles might dampen the effect of punches on the brain etc.

Of course another very plausible reason is simply that coming off the juice they are not moving as well as they used to. Lost the speed, lost the power, hands are getting heavy sooner. Evasive movements not as explosive. Just more likely to find themselves in a bad position.

Not to mention the added " aggression " PED's gives you.
I used to think it didn't make a big difference on capacity to absorb damages, even though it somehow did via increasing the neck/yoke muscle mass but anecdotal evidence of people coming out of TRT/PEDs seems to indicate that it plays a role as like you have said several one went from decent/good chins to chinny

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Freddie556
Back