Iron Arms (Iso Arms)+Grappling

GotDaWork

White Belt
Reaction score
So,Ive been using this thing for about 3 months every day on top of my usual workout,and I have to say,it has made my grip about 100x stronger and has improved my grappling so much.I feel so explosive , so short message,there cheap,good quality. Buy one. Amazon.com ebay.com any other places sell it with the iso7x. Not looking for sarcasm just trying to help fellow grappler's.

So,Ive been using this thing for about 3 months every day on top of my usual workout,and I have to say,it has made my grip about 100x stronger and has improved my grappling so much.I feel so explosive , so short message,there cheap,good quality. Buy one. Amazon.com ebay.com any other places sell it with the iso7x. Not looking for sarcasm just trying to help fellow grappler's.

What is it?

What is it?

that thing. you know. that new thing. not the thing with the Shake Weight and not the thing with those crazy mma exercises like the warrior or the demon or the freak.

oh and not the thing Suzanne Summers squeezes between her thighs.

but that other thing. that thing that might work. like you know?

Google it peeps I think I saw it once with Rich Franklin on some commercial a while ago. But I bought it before I saw it on tv. Dont compare it to the shake weight,its not saying it will transform your body,it says it strengthens your forearms,and thats what it does.

Edit: Oh ok I guess they made a whole site dedicated to it,here ya go Order Here!

Google it peeps I think I saw it once with Rich Franklin on some commercial a while ago. But I bought it before I saw it on tv. Dont compare it to the shake weight,its not saying it will transform your body,it says it strengthens your forearms,and thats what it does.

Edit: Oh ok I guess they made a whole site dedicated to it,here ya go Order Here!
could you give me the cliff notes of this?

Dear God. MMA infomercials are here.

This has got me thinking who would be the best MMA personality salesman. Which fighter has got the ability to sell the shit out of a terrible product? My votes with Rampage.

Why is this better than the Ivanko Gripper or a CoC Gripper? I'm not an anatomy expert but I'd imagine the biggest bang for your buck training wise would be (bear with me I don't know the anatomical term) "making a fist" against resistance.

Why is this better than the Ivanko Gripper or a CoC Gripper? I'm not an anatomy expert but I'd imagine the biggest bang for your buck training wise would be (bear with me I don't know the anatomical term) "making a fist" against resistance.

I didnt say it was better,what the hell are you reading?

I didnt say it was better,what the hell are you reading?

It was more in response to the hyperbole in the add, not an attack aimed at you.

Seriously though, I am wondering if the ROM this device trains in is worth the time/money.

what advantages does iso-arm have over say a train, which I could also afford?

Looks interesting. But you can't adjust the resistance so that kind of kills it for me.

I think Gi/towel pullups would be better for strengthening the hands and forearms. You're also working larger muscle groups together without having to spend however much that thing costs.

I think Gi/towel pullups would be better for strengthening the hands and forearms. You're also working larger muscle groups together without having to spend however much that thing costs.

I used to do it with a bed sheet. It really works the flexors better than anything else I've tried.

Looks interesting. But you can't adjust the resistance so that kind of kills it for me.

It uses isometrics , so unless your the hulk I dont think you can push these things to there limit. (Or a roid freak)

It was more in response to the hyperbole in the add, not an attack aimed at you.

Seriously though, I am wondering if the ROM this device trains in is worth the time/money.

well I can say Ive noticed a big difference in my grappling because I have a much stronger grip,thats all the feedback I can honestly give

Whatever results you have noticed by using this device are small in comparison to what you could achieve by training your grip using better tools.

- Iron Mind and Ivanko grippers (crushing, good for holding onto a Gi)
- block weight/plate pinching (thumb/pinch)
- sledge hammer levering and short steel bending (wrist strength/stability, essential for no-gi grappling)
- thickbar presses and rows (open handed, great for wrist and ankle control)
- towel/Gi pullups and rows etc.
All MUCH better ways to train for grip strength

Check out http://www.sherdog.net/forums/f49/s-ps-hand-strength-log-leaderboard-2010-a-1164256/.

Back