Media Irish on McGregor's return - "He's given Irish PPL a bad rep, I feel his career is slippin a bit"

In those 8 fights Edwards has 2 finishes and 6 decisions including a split decision, hard to get fans when you're a dull fighter. McGregor regardless of what you think of the man outside the cage has never had a boring fight during his entire UFC tenure.

None of that would matter if he had the full support of the English fans.

They are younger and hip. Gallagher might have been brutally finished, but he's far from finished with his fight career he's barely 23. Time is on their side. This could be Conor's last fight.
In what world is Dillon Danis hip? Incidentally do people still actually use the word hip? I'm thinking that's a bygone phrase these days. You're given off distinct Boomer vibes mate.

In what world is Dillon Danis hip? Incidentally do people still actually use the word hip? I'm thinking that's a bygone phrase these days. You're given off distinct Boomer vibes mate.

Between Instagram and Twitter Dillon's girlfriend has more followers than Paige Van Zant.

None of that would matter if he had the full support of the English fans.
You missed my point entirely he'd likely have a lot more support if he actually put on exciting fights on a far more frequent basis. Until he starts finishing guy's left and right he's going to be undervalued by casuals who drive PPV buys even in this ESPN era which in turn could see him catapulted into more lucrative bouts including a title fight.

You missed my point entirely he'd likely have a lot more support if he actually put on exciting fights on a far more frequent basis. Until he starts finishing guy's left and right he's going to be undervalued by casuals who drive PPV buys even in this ESPN era which in turn could see him catapulted into more lucrative bouts including a title fight.

Anthony Joshua and Darren Till's last bouts were real barnburners.

Too bad the true irish people are americans whose great grandfather had an irish uncle. Just visit america during St. Patricks Day and you'll see.
<6>
And the true Mexicans are Americans, because of Cinco de Mayo celebrations.

American Irish are Plastic Paddies. They say "St. Paddy's Day," which no Irish person would do, and usually can't pronounce proper Irish names like Siobhán, Derbhla or Caoimhe.

Irish Americans are as Irish as the Spinal Tap members are ape experts.

Interview 100 people and you will find at least 5 who will tell you exactly what you want to hear.

Absolutely true, but I do think what they’re saying is reflective of the wider message.

He’s still the biggest draw in the UFC but his star has definitely dipped. His lack of activity and antics outside of the cage have definitely contributed to a fall in popularity.

Between Instagram and Twitter Dillon's girlfriend has more followers than Paige Van Zant.
So she's an insta thot, don't they grow on trees these days? How many does Dillon have, hell how many fights has he had that weren't against cans? Until he actually fight's somebody with a record that isn't abysmal at a bare minimum to make any comparison to Conor is laughable at best, asinine at worst.

Last edited:
  • Rape
  • Cocaine
  • Assault
  • Vandalism
  • Drunkeness
  • Infidelity
  • Cheating (in the ring)
The only people worse than him are his fans
Tbf the first point hasn't been proven and outta interest what's wrong with being drunk?

His behaviour outside the octagon hasn't helped, but I think it's the inactivity that's really killed the momentum, if he wins in exciting fashion a lot of fans will jump back on.

i will say this about the irish, they know how to headline a newspaper!

The mirror is an English rag which they just stick a shamrock on in the hopes of getting Irish folk to buy it.

Anthony Joshua and Darren Till's last bouts were real barnburners.
You seriously aren't comparing Joshua to Edwards are you? You're not much of a boxing fan right? What is Joshua's record 1 loss where he got finished, 2 decision wins and 21 finishes by ko/tko? That may have been the dumbest comparison I've seen this year. At least for you the upside is that given it's early in the year I'm sure I'll see worse.

Dude isn't sipping whiskey at home, he's showing up at press conferences pissed to the gills

As for the multiple rapes, he hasn't been convicted in the irish courts (yet)

Seems pretty cut and dried to me regardless
Guessing the whole innocent until proven guilty thing doesn't mean much to you with that attitude. Be a slippery fucking slope without that presumption. As long as he's not showing up pissed to the fights I'm hardly in a position to criticize him for drinking.

Too bad the true irish people are americans whose great grandfather had an irish uncle. Just visit america during St. Patricks Day and you'll see.
<6>

Lol. The "Irish" are the same everywhere.
Never seen anyone so proud of 1/8 blood.

They were all over his nuts when he was winning. Now hes been made to look bad multiple times in the cage/ring and even worse outside of it they want to disown him.

Big fan of Irish people. Would love to travel and visit Dublin one day
I did. Beaufiful city, beautiful country. I felt in love with the place, the people...

They were all over his nuts when he was winning. Now hes been made to look bad multiple times in the cage/ring and even worse outside of it they want to disown him.

People over here hated him forever. He's always been polarising. And what do you want us to do? Stick by someone who assaults old men, cheats on his family, is an alleged multiple rapist, etc?

{<huh}

Punching old dudes is never a good look. Hard to root for that.

People in one’s hometown always wants to put one down. They want to feel like someone so close to them cannot possibly be so much better than them. I think it even says this in the Bible somewhere about Jesus’s hometown Galilee.

this doesn’t generally happen in combat sports because many young pros need large local support to earn any money. In fact I’d say reality is the complete opposite of your post

Back