Media Irish on McGregor's return - "He's given Irish PPL a bad rep, I feel his career is slippin a bit"

Fookin 'ell,khabibs not on the card,blessed Mary moother of joseph,who gives a rat's arse about mcgregor?? He already got a 7 yrs bad luck for hitting ol' iron jaw o'toole at Dolan's pub,i dont mind telling ya,so it's a wrap for 'im

People in one’s hometown always wants to put one down. They want to feel like someone so close to them cannot possibly be so much better than them. I think it even says this in the Bible somewhere about Jesus’s hometown Galilee.
Galilee citizen #123:
- Oh that Jesus guy? I think he's a wanker.

A video on how the Irish feel about Conor McGregor ...
<Dana05>

The interviewer proceeded to interview the Irish on Henry Street.

Cliffs:

- Interviewer: Are you aware Conor's fighting next week?
Irish 1: No.

- "we use to have big night parties when he fought, but not anymore really, I don't know why but -"
- "it's proper under da radah, like, felt for da casual fans even, like i was to one of the boys "conah's on next week, he's like alright ... "

- Interviewer: Are you aware Conor's fighting next week?
Irish 4: "I actually had no idea."

Interviewer: Has Conor McGregor's popularity dwindled over the years?
Irish 49: "I'd say his popularity has dropped MASSIVELY last year." "He lost a couple as well, the hypes gone down a bit since the Alvarez fight, you know what I mean?"

Interviewer: You think people of Ireland are aware of Conor's fight?
Irish 903 - "eeehhh No"

"my dad hates him, anyone over 40, isn't really a fan of him anymore, it's like you're almost.... almost looked down upon because you're loyal to him."

"my brother use to have massive parties (McGregor Fights) but you know - i don't think even he knows he's fighting anymore, you know, and my brother use to be really into MMA"

<{CMPALM}>

Have been trying to tell you guys the past 15 or so months

Loads of Irish don't care

He is not mutually loved. Far fro it!

Have been trying to tell you guys the past 15 or so months

Loads of Irish don't care

He is not mutually loved. Far fro it!

Is normal, they know the Callaghan assholes, I except Irish people to hate him the most, at least people who know what he's really about ...

Thanks to Conor, Irish people now have a reputation as drunkards who start fights in bars

I'm Irish from Dublin and I love the guy, fuck the casuals, we've all done shit that we are not proud of.

Without the full support of Irish fans this brand of Conor-centric UFC will fall to the wayside. His underlings Gallagher and Danis are starting to do his own gimmick better than The Mac.

Without the full support of Irish fans this brand of Conor-centric UFC will fall to the wayside. His underlings Gallagher and Danis are starting to do his own gimmick better than The Mac.
giphy.gif

I'm Irish.

I love that he's back. He might be a deviant outside of the octagon, although a lot of the rape/cheating/narcotics stuff is internet bullshit, but the UFC is better for having him compete.

Conor's rise was predicated upon the fact he had unrelenting support from the Irish people and proudly represented them as their chosen warrior. If he loses that support it becomes abundantly clear he hasn't won a fight in over 3 years and has 1 win at 155 lbs and 1 win at 170 lbs in the UFC.

Conor's rise was predicated upon the fact he had unrelenting support from the Irish people and proudly represented them as their chosen warrior. If he loses that support it becomes abundantly clear he hasn't won a fight in over 3 years and has 1 win at 155 lbs and 1 win at 170 lbs in the UFC.
Was more talking about you suggesting Dennis and Gallagher successful copying Conor's shtick. Dannis hasn't fought enough to claim any sort of success and Gallagher as it stands is only famous for getting brutally finished, big part of Conor's whole gimmick was underpinned by the fact that he was actually an elite fighter.

Fan support is what made McGregor a shotcaller and got Conor his immediate title shot at Lightweight without having to defend at Featherweight.

Leon Edwards has won 8 in a row and no title shot, even if he wins his next fight it's not a guarantee. Popularity with fans is more important than winning fights.

Fan support is what made McGregor a shotcaller and got Conor his immediate title shot at Lightweight without having to defend at Featherweight.

Leon Edwards has won 8 in a row. Fan support is more important than winning fights.
In those 8 fights Edwards has 2 finishes and 6 decisions including a split decision, hard to get fans when you're a dull fighter. McGregor regardless of what you think of the man outside the cage has never had a boring fight during his entire UFC tenure.

Was more talking about you suggesting Dennis and Gallagher successful copying Conor's shtick. Dannis hasn't fought enough to claim any sort of success and Gallagher as it stands is only famous for getting brutally finished, big part of Conor's whole gimmick was underpinned by the fact that he was actually an elite fighter.

They are younger and hip. Gallagher might have been brutally finished, but he's far from finished with his fight career he's barely 23. Time is on their side. This could be Conor's last fight.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
notnormal
Back