News Irish MMA star James Gallagher leaves SBG Ireland/Kavanaugh

Danis_champ

Black Belt
@Black
Reaction score
He is now living in Kansas and training under Krause full time. Says John will still be in his corner bla-bla...he doesn't say it out right but seems like feels like he can't get better at SBG.

2:20

Great choice, but I don't think he's very good though.

But then again haven't seen him fight much at all.

Feel like he traded one bad coach for another.

Dude has some legit ground skills I hope he just drops the attitude.

I came in here to bash him, but he seems in a good place and is doing everything right. Hespect

Good choice by James. SBG got lucky with Conor but haven't produced anyone else off value. Gallagher's takedowns were always his weak spot since his actual ground game is solid. Only 25 as well. Tons of potential

probably for the better. mix is still gonna wrangle him imo though

SBG lucked up with Conor. Probably smart move to not only move to US so you can avoid any travel issues and fight for Bellator more frequently but also to see his game improve.

Loyalty means alot but sometimes you have to move on to better yourself and your career, honestly Conor probably should have done this too but he's so big and has yes men around him he's comfortable.

I give Gallagher a better chance knowing he changed camps. He isn't a bad fighter at all.

Feel like he traded one bad coach for another.

Dude has some legit ground skills I hope he just drops the attitude.
What attitude? The guy has a reputation from when he was in the spotlight as a 20/21 year old that follows him around but doesn't reflect him today. Everyone you hear talk about him that has actually interacted with him in the last few years has nothing but good things to say.

Great choice, but I don't think he's very good though.

But then again haven't seen him fight much at all.

I've watched a few fights, he is all about submissions. Ronda liked her arm bar, James likes his rear naked choke.

What attitude? The guy has a reputation from when he was in the spotlight as a 20/21 year old that follows him around but doesn't reflect him today. Everyone you hear talk about him that has actually interacted with him in the last few years has nothing but good things to say.
I keep seeing the hate for him, but the dude is 5 years old and way more mature. I think it's residual Conor hate at this point.

I keep wanting to support him but then he keeps doing his ridiculous Conor impersonation at weigh ins and it makes me want him to lose. It's annoying because as you say it seems he isn't really like that and is just putting on a stupid act because he thinks it'll draw attention to him when it just makes people think he's a dollar store version of Conor.

I keep wanting to support him but then he keeps doing his ridiculous Conor impersonation at weigh ins and it makes me want him to lose. It's annoying because as you say it seems he isn't really like that and is just putting on a stupid act because he thinks it'll draw attention to him when it just makes people think he's a dollar store version of Conor.
I missed his weigh in antics if I'm being honest. My insight on what happens during weigh ins is typically limited to what is in text on my screen. I've seen several interviews with him over the last couple of years and he seems like a different person then the promotion is trying to sell.

Anyway I am interested in seeing him tomorrow. I actually think Krause is if anything underrated as a coach because he doesn't have any true elite talent who can prop up his regard as a coach. But several of his fighters have gotten noticably, demonstrably better since they began training with him so I think there's a bit of upset potential. Then again I think Patchy is a nightmare match up for him and I think the extra weight could matter.

Last edited:
Back