Irish Martial Arts Commission to IOC: MMA “not a sport” and “belongs underground” with dogfighting

Meh mma doesn't need the Olympics any way we already have our own amatuer orgs and minor league systems.

Isn't that the same with hockey fans?
from what i heard fighting in hockey is allowed in few minor ligues, ask canadians for that :]. But damn what an example, belive me in europe, on hockey matches players dont fight... its an american/canadian idea to sell out better ( but im not sure).

Stupid rubbish. When the fighter is hurt the UFC referee stops the fight straight away. Boxing you fight for 12 rounds thats 36 minutes and if you knocked down, the referee lets you fight on. Come on i think boxing is a more dangerous sport.

it means the Republic of Ireland not the whole of Ireland.

Ireland is just going through a phase that the USA went through in the 90's.

US Senators were on TV calling UFC "human cockfighting", and if you asked common people, they thought people regularly died, got their eyes literally gouged out of their heads, etc.

It's a phase. Ireland will get over it even faster than the USA did. Both because it's been built into an accepted 'sport' around the world, and because they happen to be the home of the UFC's biggest star right now.
They probably said dog fighting because if they called it cock fighting it sounds a bit queer

I don't care if MMA becomes an Olympic sport and I care even less what the Irish Martial Arts Commission thinks.

It's surprising how many of you talk about MMA in such a negative way.

Who gives a sh**! Not like Ireland is the Mecca of mma (irrelevant opinion on their part)

Last edited:
Back