"Irish" Joe Duffy vs. Reza "Mad Dog" Madadi make sense?

WayOfTheFist

Orange Belt
@Orange
Reaction score
I don't see how a 38 year old Madadi gets this done. Duffy is entering his prime with very good stand up and great jits. Feels like a squash match honestly, not trying to bash Reza.

I would have preferred to see Duffy test himself against bobby green, MJ, or even chiesa, with only 1 fight left on his contract. Duffy seems like a legit threat to that LW belt.

Does Madadi have a chance? Am I overlooking something? Who you got and what's next for Duffy if he wins?

Attachments

• 131_Joe_Duffy_vs_Dustin_Poirier.0.0.jpg
    131_Joe_Duffy_vs_Dustin_Poirier.0.0.jpg
    147.2 KB · Views: 1
  • maxresdefault.jpg
    maxresdefault.jpg
    86.6 KB · Views: 3
  • hi-res-09d89ec86ff1562c51a773fbbf5580e4_crop_exact.jpg
    hi-res-09d89ec86ff1562c51a773fbbf5580e4_crop_exact.jpg
    29.3 KB · Views: 4
  • julien-boussuge-joseph-duffy-cage-warriors-74.jpg
    julien-boussuge-joseph-duffy-cage-warriors-74.jpg
    134.2 KB · Views: 3
Duffy/Green would have been a great match up

Ufc is trying to keep his stock down as after this hes testing free agency and bellators venturing into Ireland these days

Ufc is trying to keep his stock down as after this hes testing free agency and bellators venturing into Ireland these days
Makes sense. I would hate to see him in bellator but Chandler vs Duffy would be wild.

This reminds me of when Greg's parents were trying to change and reform Dharma, but Dharma's a free spirit, her whole family are free spirits!

Didn't Duffy destroy McQuitter in like 30 seconds ?

I don't see how a 38 year old Madadi gets this done. Duffy is entering his prime with very good stand up and great jits. Feels like a squash match honestly, not trying to bash Reza.

I would have preferred to see Duffy test himself against bobby green, MJ, or even chiesa, with only 1 fight left on his contract. Duffy seems like a legit threat to that LW belt.

Does Madadi have a chance? Am I overlooking something? Who you got and what's next for Duffy if he wins?

How'd you come to that conclusion? Because he beat the current champ in seconds?

Duffy is irrelevant, I love how people pretend otherwise just cause he beat Colin. Nate Diaz already proved that you dont have to be a top LW to do that.

Still don't know how "The Purse Theif" Reza Madadi got his job back.

How'd you come to that conclusion? Because he beat the current champ in seconds?
Very well timed knees, good hands, long reach and black belt in taekwondo on the feet.
On the ground he has a black belt in Japanese jiu jitsu and blue belt in Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu jitsu.
And ya he beat Connor back in the day.
Tdd is seemingly his only weakness but that can be improved.

It's a shame that it's come to this. Duffy is talking about going back to Cage Warriors which would be a waste. Conor losing to Nate hurt Joe's stock. He's no longer the last man to beat him.

He looks like a top 10 Light Weight to me.

It's weird that they don't seem to have much interest in the Irish market anymore. They're maybe just happy with them coming Stateside.

Didn't Duffy destroy McQuitter in like 30 seconds ?

And by the way, I would love to see the rematch. But I doubt it happens anytime soon for a couple of reasons...Dana doesn't even want to re-run Conor/Nate 3 because he basically is protecting Conor, Nate kind of exposed him. Dana surely doesn't want to put Conor in against Joe because there is the obvious chance Joe could sub Conor in under a minute.

If there is a chance of a hype train losing, I am all for the fight!

No, this fight doesn't really make sense at all. Reza's a decent wrestler who tries hard on the feet and occasionally gets things done there, but Duffy is an absolute sniper and in his athletic prime. Reza should try to LnP his way to a decision, but Duffy's way too much for him at this point. Shame he lost so much time from his career cuz he couldn't help but steal him some high end purses.

Duffy should fight Will Brookes next and Reza should be deported back to Iran the purse thieving little grub.
Bobby Green shouldn't be getting any high profile fights as he show-ponies his way to a loss every time he gets a step up.
The Chiesa fight could be fun but MJ is probably to much right now.

Reza should only fight top-5 guys imo. That way he would be soundly beaten every time, which is what I long for.

Reza should only fight top-5 guys imo. That way he would be soundly beaten every time, which is what I long for.

Now could we make these top-5 guys LHW or HW?
It would be neat.

Back