Ireland's largest selling paper writes scathing article, bashing Conor !

Conors trash talk is paramount to his financial success, his opponents and the UFCs if he talked like robbie lawler he would get shit on in PPV points.

All legends and superstars will have critics... is normal

Here comes another SJW, you hurts muh feelinz, you are a raciz, islamaphobe. If you are English it is normal to be beta as fuck LOL

Are you another one of those milo yiannopoulos wannabes?

"McGregor appears to be devoid of any kind of moral compass; a trait one usually expects from a successful global athlete of his stature.

Even Roy Keane—another Irish sporting legend with a gigantic ego—at the height of his playing career at Manchester United and for Ireland, had some sense of loyalty or commitment to something greater than just himself and his pay cheque.

McGregor, however, possesses no such qualities. His one true loyalty is to money and material wealth.

Therefore, a sense of tradition, sporting etiquette, or leading by example, never comes into the equation. While foul-mouthed trash-talk in press conferences may be discouraged in most sports, the UFC actively encourages it.

Why? Well, because it creates more publicity and pay-per-view revenue.

McGregor's unsporting antics includes taunting fellow fighters in pre-fight press conferences, to the point of pure obnoxiousness; stealing his opponents' belts, or headbutting them at the weigh-in.

McGregor continually makes references to barbaric acts of violence, such as skull-smashing and face-butchering; he regularly makes death threats to his opponents; he refuses to engage in any form of sporting fair play before fights, seeing such conduct as idiotic; and he can often be found telling his audience, the media, and fellow fighters - with infantile-like-arrogance - to "fuck off".

In other tough sports, such as, say, boxing, GAA, or rugby - which have sporting bodies with proper rules and regulations- respect for the opposition is paramount. But McGregor doesn't get disciplined, or pulled up by the UFC for his outlandish behaviour.

Primarily because the UFC is not really a sporting body as such, but a private enterprise of sorts. McGregor, for instance, often refers to the UFC in casual conversation as "the company"."

http://www.independent.ie/sport/mma...ing-genius-or-corporate-sellout-34437701.html

My take - damn. Messed up how they seem to be throwing their only export under the bus. I can't stand Conor, but he puts butts in seats and has has backed up up his talk. He's also very close to being a two division champ. I suppose there is a lack of traditional civility in Conor that the Celtic minds in Ireland would like to see. It's almost like many on the upper brow look at him an an embarrassment and a bad representative of Ireland.
By Shemus O'Aldo

To be fair, I think most (but I am assuming & hoping not all) Irish seem to be "liberal". Usually anti-West and apologetic for Jihadists, Islamists and barbaric regimes.

Your name is "trollhunter" and you post this fox news excrement? You must be like Blade huh? Ya know part vampire, makes him an ideal vampire hunter. Except I think you are a 100% grade-A Troll-that-lives-under-Ted-Cruz's- bridge.

Ah a common variety paranoid racist

High high xenophobe
Typical libtard, if you don't like christianity you are a bigot but say one word about islam and you will be labeled xenophobe, racists nazi. Keep crying wolf son

Typical libtard, if you don't like christianity you are a bigot but say one word about islam and you will be labeled xenophobe, racists nazi. Keep crying wolf son
In English please? You make xenophobic comment, get called out on it and turn into a whiner

some bizarre stuff. too early to be drunk.

@Coffee79 - Ireland's only export ?
Ireland have many many exports of both material and people, as for McGregor, he is offending Irish more than anything at the moment as he is becoming a really really bad ambassador for Ireland and the Irish.

I'm English by the way.

Oh no, how dare he taunt someone. Embarrassing article.

Are you another one of those milo yiannopoulos wannabes?
are you another crazy person trying to convince me that I'm a nazi because we have opposing opinions.
In English please? You make xenophobic comment, get called out on it and turn into a whiner
what xenophobic comment? its reasonable to be intolerant of a religion that tolerates medieval practices.

are you another crazy person trying to convince me that I'm a nazi because we have opposing opinions.

what xenophobic comment? its reasonable to be intolerant of a religion that tolerates medieval practices.
You comment about English people being one example of xenophobia

You must be a very scared person thinking there's boogie men all out to get you in the world

America has the same kind of arrogant douches who try to label MMA has nothing but savage brain dead violence. Close minded idiots. Don't give them attention.

I stop reading these things at the first mistake they make. 'Headbutting people at the weigh-ins'... Umm what? Are you so desperate for attention that you have to publish a piece hating on someone far more successful than you?

the comments themselves arent surprising or new, lots of people have shared that opinion in the past - the fact that the situation is being discussed on such a large scale is prety interesting - great for conor and for the media both

Huh? He was black. Being Muslim was a choice. Are you saying all black men from that period were racist as he was, and should be excused for having similar racist views? That's in and of itself is an incredibly racist statement.

A great number of politicians throughout human history stood for bigger causes. Doesn't mean they were not 10x worse humans than Conor McGregor. The worse killers in human history stood for bigger causes than Conor. You complaining about benign materialism and fight promotion while giving similar actions plus actual racism from Ali a pass just because he is black and "stood for a bigger cause" says a lot about you as a person.

> implying blacks were treated equally in America during 60s and 70s

I expected this considering Conors hardcore fanbase is maybe 99% white, and ironically most dislike Mayweather(Who Conor poorly molds himself after). Now you deny the fact that Ali or blacks in general experienced racism during that time.

Either you're clueless or have some kind of hidden agenda.

Please, tell us more how you really feel.

I LMFAO from start to finish. The best part: "a great ambassador for the sport in Ireland".

He's only 27. He will mellow out as he get's older. Conor could conduct classes to other fighters on how to market themselves and negotiate their contracts. You could strip his "mouth" from the equation easily and he can still teach people how to make it in this sport.

Love him or hate him, he has been the most successful negotiator of a fighter we have ever seen. He is the type of guy that could be a huge factor in spear-heading a fighters union...if he wanted to.

"McGregor appears to be devoid of any kind of moral compass; a trait one usually expects from a successful global athlete of his stature.

Even Roy Keane—another Irish sporting legend with a gigantic ego—at the height of his playing career at Manchester United and for Ireland, had some sense of loyalty or commitment to something greater than just himself and his pay cheque.

McGregor, however, possesses no such qualities. His one true loyalty is to money and material wealth.

Therefore, a sense of tradition, sporting etiquette, or leading by example, never comes into the equation. While foul-mouthed trash-talk in press conferences may be discouraged in most sports, the UFC actively encourages it.

Why? Well, because it creates more publicity and pay-per-view revenue.

McGregor's unsporting antics includes taunting fellow fighters in pre-fight press conferences, to the point of pure obnoxiousness; stealing his opponents' belts, or headbutting them at the weigh-in.

McGregor continually makes references to barbaric acts of violence, such as skull-smashing and face-butchering; he regularly makes death threats to his opponents; he refuses to engage in any form of sporting fair play before fights, seeing such conduct as idiotic; and he can often be found telling his audience, the media, and fellow fighters - with infantile-like-arrogance - to "fuck off".

In other tough sports, such as, say, boxing, GAA, or rugby - which have sporting bodies with proper rules and regulations- respect for the opposition is paramount. But McGregor doesn't get disciplined, or pulled up by the UFC for his outlandish behaviour.

Primarily because the UFC is not really a sporting body as such, but a private enterprise of sorts. McGregor, for instance, often refers to the UFC in casual conversation as "the company"."

http://www.independent.ie/sport/mma...ing-genius-or-corporate-sellout-34437701.html

My take - damn. Messed up how they seem to be throwing their only export under the bus. I can't stand Conor, but he puts butts in seats and has has backed up up his talk. He's also very close to being a two division champ. I suppose there is a lack of traditional civility in Conor that the Celtic minds in Ireland would like to see. It's almost like many on the upper brow look at him an an embarrassment and a bad representative of Ireland.
Not sure where you're from, but here in the U.S., I'd hate to have a dude like Charles "Krazy Horse" Bennett representing our country.

That's basically what Conor is for Ireland.

What an idiot this moron is. He clearly doesn't follow McGregor at all.

Of course Conor comes across as being arrogant and flaunting the money. Anyone with a right mind knows that this is just an act to sell the fight game.

See the problem is, barely anyone in the media cared for MMA/UFC prior to Conor and they all jumped on the bandwagon. Coming in with ludicrous claims, ridiculous made-up stories etc.
There's been a few lads invest from the start, namely Peter Carroll (@petesycarrolland) and the Severe MMA guys.

Here's an example of some of that writing: http://www.thesundaytimes.co.uk/sto/sport/article1565333.ece
One man stuns another with a kick to the head, then follows up with a left hook. As the victim hits the floor, his assailant pins him down and starts raining blows repeatedly into the skull. Grievous bodily harm? No, it’s the fastest-growing spectator sport in the country. Welcome to the Ultimate Fighting Championship.

On tv: http://www.sportsjoe.ie/mma/7-painf...at-mma-debate-on-tv3-with-john-kavanagh/33965
Interviewer: You can punch, you can kick, you can strike, you can pu... you can do anything physically
John Kavanagh: Well, there are lots of rules.
Interviewer: There doesn't seem to be any, but go ahead.
JK: Well there is.

There is also the infamous radio show that's just... well it's just plain embarrassing so we'll leave that for another time.

You comment about English people being one example of xenophobia

You must be a very scared person thinking there's boogie men all out to get you in the world
You must be a scared little lefty who thinks everyone who doesn't agree with how you feel is an evil KKK member.

Back