International Iraqi parliament votes for government to work on plan to end US troop presence in Iraq

The original mistake was probably taking out Saddam, who if nothing else, helped to keep Iranian influence in check, and gave Iran, Israel and Saudi Arabia a common enemy to worry about.

After Saddam was gone, unless America planned to stay in Iraq forever, that country became open for business to the Iranians.
I agree.

I think you could argue that both the Iranians and saudis likes having Saddam around, as it provided white space or a barrier between the two. Now that that is gone the Iranians do not fancy the idea of Sunnis that can run through Iraq and threaten Iran.

I agree.

I think you could argue that both the Iranians and saudis likes having Saddam around, as it provided white space or a barrier between the two. Now that that is gone the Iranians do not fancy the idea of Sunnis that can run through Iraq and threaten Iran.
I know this might be unpopular but is it BAD for Iran the area formerly known as Persia to maybe, perhaps, incorporate Iraq and become a singular country?

Isn't Iraq a shia majority country? And aren't a LOT of the people in Iraq not ethnically Muslim but probably more ethnically Persian?

Most Shiite members of parliament backed the resolution, the AP noted, adding that many Sunni and Kurdish legislators reportedly did not attend the special session and are believed to oppose the measure.

Too afraid to show up and vote against it, as they know they will be voted out for that.

It won't last. They will have to show who they stand with eventually. Iraq or Israel.

We're going to continue to blow millions of dollars unless you pay us....
giphy.gif
Knowing Trump, he will probably ask the military to build the biggest aircraft carrier ever to haul the entire airbase back to america

<seedat>

Saudi was caught off guard and sent the second to command to Washington today. Emergency meeting and the ruler of Saudi Arabia called the President of Iraq to have a talk with them. Iraq where not interested in talking. Suadi Arabia did not see that coming. UN said bombing historic sites is a war crime.

The leader of Iran disavowed going after US citizens but said all of the Arab states are in danger of attack.

Back