Iran War V4: Jet Fuel Cant Melt Steel Beings

Status
Not open for further replies.
How is Trump's war crime creating an unstable scenario in Iran without warning not his responsibility?

War Crimes? ... and the airliner was Trump's fault. You are just full of the hardcore DailyKos, CNN propaganda hysterics.

...anyone posted this yet?

"U.S. officials: 'Highly likely' Iran downed Ukrainian jetliner"
Link: https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/worl...ukrainian-jetliner/ar-BBYLJo2?ocid=spartandhp

That is what I thought. Too much of a coincidence. Also, it seems Iran was in fact targeting the U.S. positions with their missiles but missed. Hard to come that close to a target and miss it on purpose. Anyway, both stories are being 'spinned' by the press.

It's possible, hard to tell how much is a PR war though, it's a case of of course Iran would want to cover it up, but at same time of course US would want to blame it on Iran.

There's been no public comment, just unamed sources.

So hard to get good info.

Y'know Fogie, if you really don't like trolling, you might want to take note of the guy you're talking to...who has been banned about 15 times already for exactly that.

Just sayin'...

what are his previous account names?

Watch Yo Hands will not be able to post in this thread for 24 hours.

*edit - I changed my mind, I want to watch him hang himself some more*

Last edited:
737's have had an amazing safety record over the last decade. (Note: I am not referring to the 737 MAX.)

I am going to guess Iran thought it was an attack and they shot it down.

Talking head on CBC news last night said this, but also said Iran's commercial C&C is outdated and the airline Ukraine air (I think) would not meet western safety standards.

It is against international laws to target government officials for assassination. Also, the American constitution prohibits a president from committing an act of war without congress's permission.

Even Barack Obama designated Soleimani as a terrorist for a plot to assassinate the Saudi ambassador to the U.S. in Washington, D.C.

The guy is responsible for:
  • hundreds of terrorist IED attacks killing U.S. Military members
  • thousands of innocent deaths by rockets
  • resumption of IED and rocket attacks over the last 3 months.
  • the death of a U.S. Contractor in Iraq (recently)
  • the attack on our embassy through the Iraqi Militia. Note: Soleimani was killed in the same airstrike that killed a leader of that same militia
The guy is a damn terrorist scumbag and what Trump did is called a "Good Shoot". Even the Russians in the U.N. vetoed the Iranian Sanction against the U.S. for hitting Soleimani, and I quote from the Russians that the response by Trump/America was "proportional".

Permission from Congress? When did Obama need that to kill hundreds via drones including innocents and U.S. Citizens.

You have taken the ORANGE MAN BAD propaganda line to a new low. Thanks for making it so easy.

It is remarkable that, across the board, Trump’s strategies of pressure and bullying have resulted in no tangible agreements — no deal with Kim Jong Un, no meeting with Iran’s leaders, and no arms control deals with either the Russians or the Chinese.

Each of these situations has gotten worse while he has been in office, not better.

Even Barack Obama designated Soleimani as a terrorist for a plot to assassinate the Saudi ambassador to the U.S. in Washington, D.C.

The guy is responsible for:
  • hundreds of terrorist IED attacks killing U.S. Military members
  • thousands of innocent deaths by rockets
  • resumption of IED and rocket attacks over the last 3 months.
  • the death of a U.S. Contractor in Iraq (recently)
  • the attack on our embassy through the Iraqi Militia. Note: Soleimani was killed in the same airstrike that killed a leader of that same militia
The guy is a damn terrorist scumbag and what Trump did is called a "Good Shoot". Even the Russians in the U.N. vetoed the Iranian Sanction against the U.S. for hitting Soleimani, and I quote from the Russians that the response by Trump/America was "proportional".

Permission from Congress? When did Obama need that to kill hundreds via drones including innocents and U.S. Citizens.

You have taken the ORANGE MAN BAD propaganda line to a new low. Thanks for making it so easy.

While you can have your opinion of Soleimani on the internet, hundreds of thousands of Iranians in the streets for his funeral can have theirs, too. They certainly seemed to view him as a freedom fighter. And if you told them their views make no sense, and that Solemeni was a terrorist, I think they'd point out the fact that the American troops he targeted could be viewed (not unreasonably) as part of an illegal occupation. This is especially true now that the Iraq's Parliament has officially voted to expel American troops, and Trump has responded that we have no intention of leaving our expensive base.

It is remarkable that, across the board, Trump’s strategies of pressure and bullying have resulted in no tangible agreements — no deal with Kim Jong Un, no meeting with Iran’s leaders, and no arms control deals with either the Russians or the Chinese.

Each of these situations has gotten worse while he has been in office, not better.
Indeed. Also worth noting his trade war with China is an absolute blunder. It's costing billions in tax payer dollars (subsidies to farms) and increased prices to consumers with no tangible positive results.

If I was to be charitable and thought lowering immigration was important (I don't) you could say his one success story is that he has cut back immigration rather significantly. Otherwise his foreign policy is a total disaster (let's add the fact that Trump has abandoned long term, important allies).

I believe Nixon called it, The Madman Theory. Acting unbalanced so your enemies are afraid to attack you because they don't know exactly how you'll react.

I’ve suspected this about Trump since before he was elected. He actually shows a great deal of restraint yet many think he’s this trigger happy madman who will stumble into nuclear war over the slightest offense. I remember this forum exploded with panic about him being a warmongering lunatic when we launched a few missiles at an empty Syrian runway. To me the action looked like a completely empty gesture intended to take some of the wind out of warhawks in the govt who were calling for an actual invasion but few people saw it that way. And for my part, I’ve largely avoided arguing the point since the key to an effective Madman strategy is that no one thinks that’s what you’re doing.

Let's be real: he got waxed because protesters got inside the "green zone" in Iraq. That's a death sentence for someone because we have no intention of ever leaving Iraq.

And while, you can have your opinion of Soleimani on the internet, hundreds of thousands of Iranians in the streets for his funeral can have theirs, too. They certainly seemed to view him as a freedom fighter. And if you told them their views make no sense, and that Solemeni was a terrorist, I think they'd point out the fact that the American troops he targeted could be viewed (not unreasonably) as part of an illegal occupation. This is especially true now that the Iraq's Parliament has officially voted to expel American troops.

I will grant you all that, except the "illegal occupation". The U.S. is not occupying Iran. We are in another place altogether and it's called "Iraq". They end in a different letter.

The Iraqi Parliament voted on a non-biding resolution and they would still need concurrence with their Prime Minister if it were binding, which it is not.

With all that said, I would love for us to get out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back