Iran gets something right -- executes 4 in bank fraud

Not a fan of capital punishment, definitely not a fan of Iran... but that crazy sumbitch nation is doing better with their financial crooks than we are.

same here, not a fan of those barbarians or killing people but fucking bankers should have been hunging from the trees all over Europe and North America.

their political leaders have different goals than ours. here in the West, money is the god and governments are at the service of corporations. there the government is at Allah's service. both systems suck in their own way.

So, definitely against the death penalty, but killing a bunch of white-collar criminals, yay!

And the Vietnamese did it a little while ago too.yay to both countries! Hopefully we can follow their lead.

It would be great to see some of these corrupt Banksters taken down with a bullet in the head.

Judging by this thread people are against capital punishment only for the moments leading up to when they are for it.

From the OP link:
"A total of 39 defendants were convicted in the case. Four received death sentences, two got life sentences and the rest received sentences of up to 25 years in prison."

And the Vietnamese did it a little while ago too.yay to both countries! Hopefully we can follow their lead.

Our country is run by white collar criminals, so that would seem to be a highly unlikely scenario.

Judging by this thread people are against capital punishment only for the moments leading up to when they are for it.

Judging by this response you are putting no effort into understanding why people feel this way instead of dismissing it as other people's silly opinions.

1. We would like to see financial corruption dealt with at all, let alone much more harshly.

2. The people responsible for the economic collapse and it's ongoing threat have ruined more lives than anyone on death row.

3. It is possible to oppose capital punishment and yet wish stricter, non-capital punishment for certain crimes.

4. It is possible to think, "Wow, Iran really punished these guys and it's shocking to me considering how untouchable they are here." without thinking, "Wow, we should do that, too."

So put on your thinking cap and try reading this thread again. There is a sentiment here that is valid, timely and non-paradoxical.

you guys are morons lol

Judging by this response you are putting no effort into understanding why people feel this way instead of dismissing it as other people's silly opinions.

1. We would like to see financial corruption dealt with at all, let alone much more harshly.

2. The people responsible for the economic collapse and it's ongoing threat have ruined more lives than anyone on death row.

3. It is possible to oppose capital punishment and yet wish stricter, non-capital punishment for certain crimes.

4. It is possible to think, "Wow, Iran really punished these guys and it's shocking to me considering how untouchable they are here." without thinking, "Wow, we should do that, too."

So put on your thinking cap and try reading this thread again. There is a sentiment here that is valid, timely and non-paradoxical.

So glad you brought up effort in comprehension.

1. The title of this thread is "Iran gets something right -- executes 4 in bank fraud". Again, THE TITLE OF THIS THREAD IS "Iran gets something right -- executes 4 in bank fraud".

2. The below:
Not a fan of capital punishment, definitely not a fan of Iran... but that crazy sumbitch nation is doing better with their financial crooks than we are.

same here, not a fan of those barbarians or killing people but fucking bankers should have been hunging from the trees all over Europe and North America.

So, definitely against the death penalty, but killing a bunch of white-collar criminals, yay!
^^^ Although admittedly this last quote was being sarcastic.

You were saying about how "It is possible to think, 'Wow, Iran really punished these guys and it's shocking to me considering how untouchable they are here.' without thinking, 'Wow, we should do that, too.'"? Or how "There is a sentiment here that is valid, timely and non-paradoxical"

Edit: Although you are patently wrong - I still extend a bro-fist because you are my join month amigo.

(edited out)

The title said something pretty extreme and then the OP had the sentiments that I don't support the death penalty, but Iran is handling their financial crooks better than we are. You had the option of dismissing me as a crank who doesn't understand his own thoughts or seeing my viewpoint and responding to it. You took the lower road.

Edit: Although you are patently wrong - I still extend a bro-fist because you are my join month amigo.

Here's where you can step up. Where do you think I'm patently wrong? We shouldn't deal with financial malevolence and criminality with greater punishments than we have been?

But I do appreciate the brofist.

The title said something pretty extreme and then the OP had the sentiments that I don't support the death penalty, but Iran is handling their financial crooks better than we are. You had the option of dismissing me as a crank who doesn't understand his own thoughts or seeing my viewpoint and responding to it. You took the lower road.

Here's where you can step up. Where do you think I'm patently wrong? We shouldn't deal with financial malevolence and criminality with greater punishments than we have been?

But I do appreciate the brofist.

Your patently wrong because whether or not fraudsters should face stiff punishment isn't what we're arguing. My original point was that if you were to go by the posts in this thread alone, you'd come to the conclusion that no one is *really* against capital punishment - they're only against it temporarily, pending some situation they personally deem appropriate. I still contend this based on the posts quoted it my previous post. You came back and purported all kinds of nuance - which is fine and there probably is, but that doesn't change the rapid start of this thread wherein post after post lead with "i'm not for capital punishment - BUT...".

I never said anything about whether or not fraudsters should face stern punishments, or even whether they do or do not deserve death sentences - I only commented on the image of popular opinion get from reading this thread.

Your patently wrong because whether or not fraudsters should face stiff punishment isn't what we're arguing. My original point was that if you were to go by the posts in this thread alone, you'd come to the conclusion that no one is *really* against capital punishment - they're only against it temporarily, pending some situation they personally deem appropriate. I still contend this based on the posts quoted it my previous post. You came back and purported all kinds of nuance - which is fine and there probably is, but that doesn't change the rapid start of this thread wherein post after post lead with "i'm not for capital punishment - BUT...".

I never said anything about whether or not fraudsters should face stern punishments, or even whether they do or do not deserve death sentences - I only commented on the image of popular opinion get from reading this thread.

Okay, well the OP spells out my thoughts succinctly. Also, welcome to the internet, where thread titles tend to be eye-catching spectacles and not personal manifestos. You'll like it here: you've already got the ability to interpret whatever makes you feel better.

Okay, well the OP spells out my thoughts succinctly. Also, welcome to the internet, where thread titles tend to be eye-catching spectacles and not personal manifestos. You'll like it here: you've already got the ability to interpret whatever makes you feel better.
?

Posters: I'm against capital punishment, but I'm okay with it in this case.

Me: Well then it doesn't really seem like you're against capital punishment.

You: Way to misinterpert things, I hate you and I hope you trip over something.

Me: ???

Edit: lime to like (I'm on mobile)

My first war room post. Tingling.

http://www.thestar.com/news/world/2...s_billionaire_over_26_billion_bank_fraud.html

Your shit got twisted in this thread. We do need to punish white-collar criminals more harshly. That shit aint gonna happen. Become one of them. Assimilate. It is the only way to true happiness...look into your biggest fears, your deepest desires......feel it....stroke it....spray all over your new world. Then, and only then, will you find true happiness.

Back