Iran Billionaire Executed Over 2.6B Bank Fraud

ultramanhyata

Reclimbing Like Mountain
@Steel
Reaction score
http://news.yahoo.com/iran-billionaire-executed-over-2-6b-bank-fraud-104949782.html

A billionaire businessman at the heart of a $2.6 billion state bank scam in Iran, the largest fraud case since the country's 1979 Islamic Revolution, was executed Saturday, state television reported.

Khosravi's lawyer, Gholam Ali Riahi, was quoted by news website khabaronline.ir as saying that the death sentence was carried out without him being given any notice. Death sentences in Iran are usually carried out by hanging.

A total of 39 defendants were convicted in the case. Four received death sentences, two got life sentences and the rest received sentences of up to 25 years in prison.

giphy.gif

I guess one thing you can say about certain Islamic countries is that they don't play favorites. They may cut off the hand of a thieving, dirt-poor peddler, but they will also hang a thieving billionaire.

I guess one thing you can say about certain Islamic countries is that they don't play favorites. They may cut off the hand of a thieving, dirt-poor peddler, but they will also hang a thieving billionaire.

If the rich people aren't connected or run afoul of the ruling regime then yeah. Though this isn't limited to Islamic countries but Islamic countries aren't immune to it .

Islamic justice, in the Gulf countries favors the rich because the victim can forgive the perps for money/material gain. So when you get dirt poor migrant workers killed by rich Arabs, the migrant's family back home is under tremendous pressure to accept blood money because they are impoverished and their loved one isn't going to come back no matter what.

I find that other nations around the world are not taking kindly to fraudulent people. I told you all to run and hide but I guess they take their punishment like true warriors. :icon_chee

Did this billionaire scam dirt poor peddlers?

The surprise death sentence is very GRRM.

Probably because he fucked over other rich, connected people.

You don't know what you are talking about. If what you say is true then there are a whole bunch of people at the top of the Iranian power structure who would have been executed a long time ago. The Mullahs and their IGRC goons play favorites just as much as anyone else.

Furthermore I seriously doubt that this a a fair trial and that politics were not heavily involved. He was an associate of former president Mahmoud Amahdinijad. My guess is that he simply failed to give right members of the Shiite Mafia the cut they required to not be murdered or he may have acted to undermine them in a way that pissed them off.

He was sacrificed to cover up the other people that were involved

In my opinion, when the wealthy elites do face justice, they either pissed off the wrong people or fell out of political favour. They are generally well protected by their own as well as politicians, and criminal laws generally cannot touch them.

In my opinion, when the wealthy elites do face justice, they either pissed off the wrong people or fell out of political favour. They are generally well protected by their own as well as politicians, and criminal laws generally cannot touch them.

During the S&L debacle of the 1980's the savings and loan regulators made over 30,000 criminal referrals which produced over 1,000 felony convictions in cases designated as

Back