International Iran arrests British ambassador, UK is pissed

SRN

SOCRATEEEES
@Silver
Reaction score
Britain’s ambassador to Iran has been arrested in Tehran during protests outside a university, the UK Foreign office has said. Dominic Raab, the foreign secretary, said the arrest of Rob Macaire was a “flagrant violation of international law’’.
In a statement, Mr Raab said: “The arrest of our ambassador in Tehran without grounds or explanation is a flagrant violation of international law. The Iranian government is at a cross-roads moment. It can continue its march towards pariah status with all the political and economic isolation that entails, or take steps to de-escalate tensions and engage in a diplomatic path forwards.”

In a tweet Tasnim news – an organisation with links to Iran’s Islamic revolutionary guard, said he had been detained “for organizing suspicious movements and protests in front of Amir Kabir University but released after hours”.

It is understood that Mr Macaire had been attending what had been billed as a vigil for the victims of the crash. However the event quickly turned into a demonstration, at which point Mr Macaire left.

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/...sted-tehran-protest-rob-macaire-a9280116.html

Iran's ambassador to the UK has been summoned to the Foreign Office (FCO), following the detention of his British counterpart in Tehran last week.

https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-51088104

"Death to Britain"
Today a group of 200 protesters from the Revolutionary Guards’ Basij militia headed to the UK embassy in Tehran to burn union and Israeli flags.

PRC_118929482.jpg

Read more: https://metro.co.uk/2020/01/12/brit...-anti-uk-protest-breaks-12045545/?ito=cbshare

Let me guess. Now people want to care about International law again.

Iran: We shot down a passenger jet and killed a hundred 70 civilians

People: Maybe we should take it easy for a lit-

Iran: We arrested Britain's ambassador

Iran is going to continue to dick with Western powers as a way to save face. Just like the rocket attack that they gave Iraq a heads up about. They're just being dicks now because it's all they can do. They won't do anything that could seriously push a military response.

"Death to Britain"
Today a group of 200 protesters from the Revolutionary Guards’ Basij militia headed to the UK embassy in Tehran to burn union and Israeli flags.

PRC_118929482.jpg

Read more: https://metro.co.uk/2020/01/12/brit...-anti-uk-protest-breaks-12045545/?ito=cbshare

This encapsulates the fundamental pig-ignorance of the Iranian regime and hardliners. Since 1979 their first impulse has always been to go after embassies. Do they understand the significance of these actions? We can argue over whether it means they're utterly incorrigible or utterly ignorant.

This encapsulates the fundamental pig-ignorance of the Iranian regime and hardliners. Since 1979 their first impulse has always been to go after embassies. Do they understand the significance of these actions? We can argue over whether it means they're utterly incorrigible or utterly ignorant.

Maybe it's their way of saying, get out of our backyard. You aren't welcome here.

Maybe it's their way of saying, get out of our backyard. You aren't welcome here.

it’s absolutely their way of saying that - about diplomatic relations. That’s my point. These are the people you’re always defending.

it’s absolutely their way of saying that - about diplomatic relations. That’s my point. These are the people you’re always defending.

The CIA is who you are defending.

Along with Dave Rubin.

Did you catch the interview with literally a self indentified democrat, who worked for the CIA being interviewed on the Rubin report, and Mr. Rubin nodding along to everything he said?

That is who you guys are now.

and here i was thinking we could sit this one out if shit hits the fan
<Prem973>

Diplomatic relations, or cover to send the CIA, and MI6?

I guess they are the same, so it seems.

As if every country in the world is not doing that, including Iran. Do you think that there are no Iranian intelligence officers in their embassies around the world?

As if every country in the world is not doing that, including Iran. Do you think that there are no Iranian intelligence officers in their embassies around the world?

Of course there are. I bet every ambassador for every country in the world is tracked by domestic intelligence in every country in the world.

Worst kept secret ever.

Well accept maybe Israeli and Saudi embassador's in the US. Those are special "allies".

The CIA is who you are defending.

Along with Dave Rubin.

Did you catch the interview with literally a self indentified democrat, who worked for the CIA being interviewed on the Rubin report, and Mr. Rubin nodding along to everything he said?

That is who you guys are now.

The CIA has nothing to do with them arresting the UK ambassador then protesters shouting Death To Britain outside the UK embassy.

Of course there are. I bet every ambassador for every country in the world is tracked by domestic intelligence in every country in the world.

Worst kept secret ever.

So your complaint and bitching about the CIA is irrelevant, and just an attempt to change the subject because it's bad for your great Jew killing hope.

Man I thought Trump 4D chess was a bullshit sherdog meme much like “TDS” but life is imitating art at this point

You take out a top terrorist the legacy media cries for said terrorist....all the meanwhile no war and Iran is imploding in itself...willingly

So your complaint and bitching about the CIA is irrelevant, and just an attempt to change the subject because it's bad for your great Jew killing hope.

What?

I just agreed with you that ambassadors are spies, and this is your response?

Jumped the shark a bit their huh?

Well that's just not cricket , despatch a gunboat forthwith Huzzah !.

Back