IQ: Yea or Nay?

How do you view IQ tests?

• They are accurately measuring something enough to be a predictor of success.

• They are culturally and educationally biased bullshit.

• IQ more or less measures intelligence (which is greatly influenced by early environment).

Results are only viewable after voting.

Cubo de Sangre

F65
@plutonium
Reaction score
Surely you've already made up your minds about IQ and here's a video anyway.

• IQ is the best measurement in social sciences.
  • IQ is the greatest predictor of success.
  • The military says that people with an IQ under 83 are ineligible (i.e. useless).
  • 10% of people are under 83.
  • Unruly behavior at age four correlates highly with criminal behavior at 15-20.
  • Interviewer gives a speech as a question.

This all got me thinking about both the morality and public necessity of taking care of people who sincerely can't contribute in a capitalist society. It also got me thinking that effective state intervention is going to require getting involved far earlier than the age when antisocial behavior turns to criminal activity.

This topic can go any number of ways, including the morality of a punitive legal system, so feel free to spitball thoughts.

*no fact-checking took place prior to the posting of this thread. :eek:

1 and 3 aren't mutually exclusive, as many imperfect metrics can be said to effectively predict success. I went with 3, though, since it's a bit more comprehensive.

EDIT: But, to be sure, unless you're meaning to imply in option one that it is a measure of an innate characteristic regardless of environment, the correct answer is a combination of all three options. Of course any metric is arguably "biased" by nature of how we have historically perceived, methodologically approached, and socially utilized intelligence.

Last edited:
*no fact-checking took place prior to the posting of this thread.

<{katwhu}>

Last edited:
Having a low IQ will hold you back. Some will say, well certain countries and people aren't used to our knowledge system. But they will fail to recognize that the western view on intelligence is the best in the world. Top universities etc. IQ is something a lot of people would love to sweep under the rug.

Are you advocating for welfare for people who are below a certain IQ level?

Are you advocating for welfare for people who are below a certain IQ level?
I think he’s advocating eugenetics based on puzzle solving abilities

I think he’s advocating eugenetics based on puzzle solving abilities

Ah, the accusations begin!

I admit, I did enjoy the puzzle solving abilities reductionist post you have made to belittle IQ.

..... what do you mean not take care of people who can't contribute? Like babies? I don't think killing all babies is a viable long term solution.

Ah, the accusations begin!

I admit, I did enjoy the puzzle solving abilities reductionist post you have made to belittle IQ.

If you had a higher IQ, you'd have picked up on his comedic tone.

Or would you have?

#discussions

If you had a higher IQ, you'd have picked up on his comedic tone.

Or would you have?

#discussions

I've seen him post before and he's not kidding.

1 and 3 aren't mutually exclusive, as many imperfect metrics can be said to effectively predict success. I went with 3, though, since it's a bit more comprehensive.
This post is the correct answer to the unintentional IQ test in the poll.

Trotsky has a higher IQ than you if you did not go through a similar thought process.

Don’t know much about it, but I think , I’m Smart, not like they say..

I would bet there are more than 10 posters here north of 145.

Back