Iowa Wrestling Weight training video

Status
Not open for further replies.
osu only got on top of the college game the past few years. and where were they this year? not even top 5.

Newb. The 1st NCAA wrestling tournamen was won by the Cowboys, or Oklahoma A&M Aggies, in 1929. Is that the past few years?

You should have gone with "Okstate used to be a dynasty". That is a more easily defensible position.

But thanks for opening it up. Oklahoma State has 132 NCAA champions compared to Iowa's 73. Now I'm not so great at math...but is that almost 2x as many?

The team is currently coached by hall of famer...and arguable wrestling god....John Smith.

I apologize to the board in advance. My post toward Bacon was only in jest but I have a feeling this will get ugly.

In before the ban!

You may know things about proper body building, but until you wrestle in a D-I college, your opinion is flawed because you don't know what the best technique is, obviously Iowa has something figured out

You may know things about proper body building, but until you wrestle in a D-I college, your opinion is flawed because you don't know what the best technique is, obviously Iowa has something figured out

Body building and sport related strength shouldn't be confused.

if you want do fight about more wins being the best program then you need to put ISU at the top since they're the only program to graduate an undefeated wrestler.

I watched a documentary recently on Iowa wrestling, it was pretty interesting. But that video was asstacular.

It was on Espn Sports, or one of the Espn offshoots. Two-part special.

im suprised they had a special on wrestling. the only time espn shows shit is ncaa finals and sometimes the olympics

Well technically it was a Japanese internet tv company, and the channel is called J Sports ESPN, but I imagine it comes from the ESPN network.

the lifting in that video was horrible, and i doubt that they have figured some special form of lifting out that nobody ever thought of and is their super secret to success, im sure the reason they succeed is not because of their crap lifting but because of their wrestling training

the lifting in that video was horrible, and i doubt that they have figured some special form of lifting out that nobody ever thought of and is their super secret to success, im sure the reason they succeed is not because of their crap lifting but because of their wrestling training

Exactly, also the fact that they are successful doesnt justify such crappy lifting. If they lifted properly maybe they would be more successful.

"graduate an undefeated wrestler"

woohoo go sanderson!

In the video their lifting is wack, but hopefully they don't hurt anything. They're certainly intense at least.

Crappy lifting form aside, wrestlers at the collegiate level are some of the STRONGEST mofo's you will ever meet.

Hand clean? Good Lord.

I'm not questioning their wrestling success, but I believe with a better strength coach they would be even better. The form that their current strength coach lets slide by is ridiculous.

Holy shit.

If you want to know how to wrestle, train wrestling with a wrestler.

If you want to know how to lift, train lifting with a lifter.

Also, training with good form will transfer over to strength with 'poor' form.

What I found even worse, was that Ross was condoning this type of lifting over on his message board. He had the same excuse as the guys that have replied to people about the form on there, "They dont win in the gym".

Shocking, to me at least that someone who talks about the proper way of doing things, going completely away from that.

Because he knows what he is talking about? Hmmmm you think you know more than Ross?

What I found even worse, was that Ross was condoning this type of lifting over on his message board. He had the same excuse as the guys that have replied to people about the form on there, "They dont win in the gym".

Shocking, to me at least that someone who talks about the proper way of doing things, going completely away from that.

Just to keep it in context:

I haven't watched the video, but it should be noted that the University of Iowa has won 21 national titles! Their head coach is Cael Sanderson (former GOLD medalist). He is the same Cael Sanderson who broke Dan Gable's record of 100 consecutive wins!

I personally know some individuals who have been involved in their program. They are a power house. Their results speak loud and clear. They don't compete on the pull-up bar. They compete by kicking ass on the wrestling mat. They have earned more respect (and wins) than most will ever dream about.

Ross

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back