Iowa Wrestling Weight training video

Status
Not open for further replies.
The speed and explosiveness was still impressive, but yeah, those curls were basically reverse grip cleans.

Agreed with bacon too, those stair runs made me wanna puke just watching them.

Any of you guys actually watch the video? They are doing bad form on purpose to simulate being in a wrestling environment. picking up huge amounts of weight as explosive as possible while off balance and at bad angles.

No theyre not, its just an excuse for not teaching them good form.

If you wanna get strong, you do it properly and lift weights correctly. Lifting weights incorrectly doesnt help in any way. All these 'sport specific' movements are just cop outs for the coach's inadequacy and lazyness, strength is strength if I can squat 400lbs its going to help my wrestling. Curling that weight like a retard isnt going to help.

Even though I may agree with some of your points, well most of them.

You can't argue success.

Wrestling and wrestling form is their priority. Some of you forgot that.

Even though I may agree with some of your points, well most of them.

You can't argue success.

Wrestling and wrestling form is their priority. Some of you forgot that.

I think these guys do so much mat work etc. that they can get away with what some might consider a "sub par" lifting routine. But hey, whatever translates over onto the mat.

Bad form or not, every guy in that gym is a fuckin animal.

Just because they win at wrestling doesnt mean this lifting is correct. Also as people have said there arent really many wrestling teams that do proper Strength training (I wouldnt know being from UK) so it probably doesnt exactly hinder them to do this training because no one is doing any better.

Bad form or not, every guy in that gym is a fuckin animal.

Yeah, those guys almost make those cheat curls look legit as opposed to some pencil neck at a commercial gym.

Just because they win at wrestling doesnt mean this lifting is correct. Also as people have said there arent really many wrestling teams that do proper Strength training (I wouldnt know being from UK) so it probably doesnt exactly hinder them to do this training because no one is doing any better.

Comprehension man. I didn't say it was correct,

I said you can't argue success. I said wrestling is their priority not lifting.

Some schools may do better, some may not. Point is it was a video to expose people to different training modalities. Thats it.

Iowa has won 21 national championships since the mid 70's. They're a fucking dynasty of kickass awesomeness.

Iowa are legends at wrestling, whatever they are doing is working. That's the top of the top in the wrestling world. Basically a team full of koschecks and Randlemans.

the workout had nothing to do with form. the guy even stated that. he also stated that this wasnt a normal workout. this "special" workout was brands' brainchild. they were training just to be strong mentally. it was like two weeks before the bigtens. it was more of a mental this to "horse the weight up" than to lift for form

I've been to several Dan Gable practices. They were the most intense 6 hours of my life. Somehow that man could talk me into fighting a bear with my hands and have me convinced I could win.

Iowa are legends at wrestling, whatever they are doing is working. That's the top of the top in the wrestling world. Basically a team full of koschecks and Randlemans.

Really? I didnt see one black guy in that whole video.

osu only got on top of the college game the past few years. and where were they this year? not even top 5.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back