Ion Cutelaba's callout of Anthony Smith was quickly rejected.

Smith - 'You see what I did to that guy?' in referring to Devin Clark.

Cutelaba - literally caved his face in...

He also derailed Crute. Last two opponents he beat were prospects trying to break through the ranks, so I don't have an issue with Smith himself trying break into the top 5 after playing the role of gatekeeper for his past few fights.
Whoa whoa whoa

Spann is a journeyman, not a prospect

Cutelaba is not good. Hes aggressive and fights to finish but hes not top 10 material. He has massive defensive openings and he alwasy gases due to his high pace.

Smith likely finishes him in the 3rd or later if it's a main event
We might be seeing Cutelaba change up his game though. For once he was actually patient, controlled and didn’t really gas himself out. He had a clear gameplan and stuck to it throughout the entire three rounds. It was a very promising performance from him in my opinion.

Smith has just finished Clark, Crute and Spann all inside the first round. People seemed to think all of these fights would be pretty close. He's proven what he can do when he gets a step down in competition, and I'm not having the Jim Crute 'drop foot' excuse from a forum that so readily dismisses the other drop foot dude at 135.

I don't think Smith has any reason to have to answer the Cutelaba question given Cutelaba's form. Ion is an exciting dude but after 2 wins from 6 fights and the fact he hasn't beaten a single legit guy EVER (don't @ me with Khalil), Cutelaba needs to fight his way up a little and put together his own three fight win streak before he gets Smith.

Smith isn't even taking the piss with the Rakic call out, it's absolutely fine on every level.

If I recall, Jimmy was getting the better of him and it was kind of a freakish stoppage
Plus last night was kinda a brawl that could have ended either way. Not impressive
The thing about wins though... They mean you won and you advance up the rankings. Look at Matt Hughes career. That guy was losing fights against plenty of guys and pulled a win out of his ass. That's how he became champion. That how many of his title defenses were. But a win is a win. Both of Smith's recent wins can't really be contested. He damaged Crute to the point that a 3rd party had to come in and declare he was no longer fit for combat. He choked Spann until he tapped out. It's not like these are some BS decisions that went the wrong way.

The very worst part of smith fights is having to listen to him talk for a week or so. He is such a low iq bozo who vastly overrates himself and conflates his pedigree.

Why do people hate Smith?

I like his attitude. He openly admitted after losing to Rakic and Glover he had no right to be choosy and had to accept prospects and play gatekeeper.

He's fought down in rank 3 times in a row (who does that?), 3 first round finishes. How does he not deserve another shot? Do people want him to be like Covington or Costa and fight every 18 months and stall divisions? I mean really.

Guys like him keep the division moving.

Last edited:
Smith beat Ryan spann and who exactly lately? Why is he acting like he's a top contender? He just got absolutely mauled by glover a couple fights ago and beat down by Rakic
While I don't think that he should fight ion necessarily, he sure is acting very entitled for someone who has one good performance out like 4
Smith beats an up and comer and suddenly has a bit of bass in his voice.
Where was all the bite when he was folded like a lawn chair by glover?

Rakic has a razor thin decision over Santos since his boring win UD over Smith.

Smith has 3 exciting finishes since his Rakic loss.

Rakic is becoming irrelevant every passing month. They should run it back, Rakic can redeem himself from the last snoozefest or Smith can line himself up for the next TS.

Give us the REMATCH we deserve!!

Rlezari.jpg

Back