Television INVINCIBLE - Dragonlord's Recommendation (Season 2 Returns March 14)

If you have seen the entire season one of INVINCIBLE, how would your rate it?

• Total voters
Not sure why Omni left but it wasn't because he needed help. He was well on his way to taking over Earth. I'm very interested to see what he will do but I have a feeling most if not all of season 2 will focus on other things and he wont even be involved. I could see the season finale ending with Omni man coming back or someone from his planet at least.

I haven’t read the comics, but I have been thinking about this. Maybe he has another wife back there or something. He said he lived for like hundreds of years so maybe there’s more going on. Or maybe a brother and a Grandpa. Like who knows? What if invincible has uncles and aunts who show up. That would fucking be nuts. Reminds me of the old spy stories where they have a different families who don’t know each other and the wives all think the husband is a diplomat.

Also, if Mark hadn’t gotten his powers, Omni Man might have just waited until Mark died of old age before conquering Earth. He would have been a hero in his sons eyes for a nice little lifetime. But then when Mark got his powers, that wasn’t an option anymore.

He might also be going somewhere to get super-counselling. Like maybe there is Omni Man therapy that will be like “hey; did you feel bad about killing someone? Come talk it out so you can get back to killing” and they get it off their chest and go back to conquest.

I’m strongly considering reading the comics at this point because next season feels forever away

I haven’t read the comics, but I have been thinking about this. Maybe he has another wife back there or something. He said he lived for like hundreds of years so maybe there’s more going on. Or maybe a brother and a Grandpa. Like who knows? What if invincible has uncles and aunts who show up. That would fucking be nuts. Reminds me of the old spy stories where they have a different families who don’t know each other and the wives all think the husband is a diplomat.

Also, if Mark hadn’t gotten his powers, Omni Man might have just waited until Mark died of old age before conquering Earth. He would have been a hero in his sons eyes for a nice little lifetime. But then when Mark got his powers, that wasn’t an option anymore.

He might also be going somewhere to get super-counselling. Like maybe there is Omni Man therapy that will be like “hey; did you feel bad about killing someone? Come talk it out so you can get back to killing” and they get it off their chest and go back to conquest.

I’m strongly considering reading the comics at this point because next season feels forever away
You should read the comics, I’ve basically binge read them. Personally I like them better than the show. The art style and quality is way better

You should read the comics, I’ve basically binge read them. Personally I like them better than the show. The art style and quality is way better

Ok I will give them a shot. I bet I really enjoy it. I can't believe they have been out since 2003? Damn I missed them all this time...

Edit, I finished the first TPB very quickly. Quite good. I had no idea this was a Dark Horse comic!!!??? Savage Dragon was at the GG funeral?? Is Spawn in this universe too???

I'm already on the third TPB these are addictive

Edit, on the 5th TPB now

I'm on TBP 7. My god. They share a universe with
the walking dead.

Holy fucking shit.!!

vJc1PE7BWpjHHobvunK1DdYJcYrMqPY2aB7E_Pd-Cug-e3I2EKzBZrCa0bgbVXzN23GDqxDQhMZP=s1600

Last edited:
Re-watching right now with my wife

She thinks it’s just a superhero show. Likes the father/son dynamic

Will share reaction at end of the episode if it’s good.
Silence throughout watching the scene aside from asking “Do they not like him?” When Wonder Woman attacks Omni man after the missed punch on the immortal.

Fair point. Writers should have had Omni launch the second attack as well to establish that he was the aggressor and they were forced to fight to try and save themselves.

But then silence and focus through the scene before just a “What?” Which I think sums it up well. Just, what?

Silence throughout watching the scene aside from asking “Do they not like him?” When Wonder Woman attacks Omni man after the missed punch on the immortal.

Fair point. Writers should have had Omni launch the second attack as well to establish that he was the aggressor and they were forced to fight to try and save themselves.

But then silence and focus through the scene before just a “What?” Which I think sums it up well. Just, what?

The scene in the show is so much better than the comic. The show was pure bile. Just acid violence, like, metal horror gore shit. In the comic it's different. It blew the roof off - in the show - for me. I was like "NOOOO WAY THEY'RE GOING TO SHOW THAT" each time.

Last edited:
Always wondered how Omni man would’ve done against battle beast

u would think earths last defense against Nolan would’ve been Battlebeast given that he nearly killed invincible in the fight earlier in the season

u would think earths last defense against Nolan would’ve been Battlebeast given that he nearly killed invincible in the fight earlier in the season
Battle Beast would eat his liver.

I'm on the 18th tradepaperback now, not sure how I feel about some of these stories. I hate some of the stuff that has happened. Love a lot of it though. Especially love how the one person got all fat.

Battle Beast would have been full wood fighting Omni - Man

Below doesn't actually spoil anything at all, it's just a funny moment from Battle Beast's past. But, it is from trade paperback number 19, way down the line, so, it wouldn't be right to just post it without a spoiler tag.

CAzF2Cqr2cSwmj6GbK6FXojKw9sMVvM-lvspd08UKBGZ_JA-RflCC2HAi0aUeMHdnWqjyyign0Fv=s1600

Last edited:
Rewatch with wife has been great. Last two episodes here tonight and I’m so hyped for them.

Picked up a few obviously the first time, but on the re-watch literacy literally every talk between Nolan and Mark is Nolan making a point that he has responsibilities now. In everything. It’s great.

Wife on the Robot clone scene: wait, but if it’s a copy he won’t get to experience any of it.

Me: Yep, welcome to this existential crisis

Edit 2: Holy shit did she recoil at the “like a pet” line. Damn that hit.

Last edited:
I'm on the 18th tradepaperback now, not sure how I feel about some of these stories. I hate some of the stuff that has happened. Love a lot of it though. Especially love how the one person got all fat.

Battle Beast would have been full wood fighting Omni - Man

Below doesn't actually spoil anything at all, it's just a funny moment from Battle Beast's past. But, it is from trade paperback number 19, way down the line, so, it wouldn't be right to just post it without a spoiler tag.

CAzF2Cqr2cSwmj6GbK6FXojKw9sMVvM-lvspd08UKBGZ_JA-RflCC2HAi0aUeMHdnWqjyyign0Fv=s1600
Battle Beast Vs. Gladiator/World War Hulk who takes it?

I just got done reading the comic up to when the first season stopped. The show is an incredible adaptation. It's better than the comic in many ways. The final fight between Omni Man and invincible for example was much more detailed and epic in the show. The only thing that I remember liking better in the comic was invincibles girlfriend. There wasnt much to it but that's better than what they did in the show with her being so whiny and bitchy. I would like to watch season 2 before I continue reading but I dont know when it's going to come out.

The best part about the comic is getting more details on Omni mans motivation. His mission is to weaken Earth so it's ready for Viltrimite takeover. He ended up allowing himself to enjoy Earth almost like a vacation. He made friends with other super heroes but he knew he would eventually have to take out the guardians of the globe since they would be the biggest threat to the takeover. Mark getting his powers is what spurred his actions. In the comic he was attempting to tell Mark everything early on. The final encounter came much quicker in the comic than the show.

Last edited:
His whiny relationship with amber ruined a bit of the last episodes for me. You mean to tell me he is worried about her emotions when he himself has seen people disemboweled or dismembered. I would not give a crap about a broads feelings if I had seen all the gore invincible saw even just at the college roadtrip episode with the cyborgs. he needs to kick amber to the curb.

His whiny relationship with amber ruined a bit of the last episodes for me. You mean to tell me he is worried about her emotions when he himself has seen people disemboweled or dismembered. I would not give a crap about a broads feelings if I had seen all the gore invincible saw even just at the college roadtrip episode with the cyborgs. he needs to kick amber to the curb.

You’re also not a teenaged boy still

17 year olds Hormones are a hell of a drug

Not for nothing but this doesn’t make any sense at all.

Not for nothing but this doesn’t make any sense at all.
Yes it does he has seen some seriously traumatic shit and the most important thing to him is his stupid relationship with amber. His gay friend has it worse his BF got turned into a vegetable.

Rex splode was a more realistic version of how a super hero who had seen trauma would act than how invincible behaved.

Back