Television INVINCIBLE - Dragonlord's Recommendation (Season 2 Returns March 14)

If you have seen the entire season one of INVINCIBLE, how would your rate it?

• Total voters
Left questions of "why even bother saving the earth and people in the past then?"

Well he wants to conquer earth and have them join his empire he doesn't want to kill everyone on the planet and just leave. Apparently why he waited so long and things like that will be answered in later seasons because that was my main question. Why wait like 20 years to get all of this started. I think humans being a compatible breeding species also plays a big part into why Earth is special.

think humans being a compatible breeding species also plays a big part into why Earth is special.

Yeah. This is what I’m thinking. But they didn’t imply that in the show that humans being able to breed with them and make powerful children. One line about that would have gone a long way imo

Yeah. This is what I’m thinking. But they didn’t imply that in the show that humans being able to breed with them and make powerful children. One line about that would have gone a long way imo

They have more seasons to go. Probably something they will talk about later on.

They have more seasons to go. Probably something they will talk about later on.

Yeah. Now to avoid accidental comic spoilers haha

I went into this expecting a boring cliched superhero coming of age story. And I think that's the best way to enter watching this. As then I was taken for a ride that I thoroughly enjoyed.

Yeah. Now to avoid accidental comic spoilers haha

I went into this expecting a boring cliched superhero coming of age story. And I think that's the best way to enter watching this. As then I was taken for a ride that I thoroughly enjoyed.

I knew it was more then that just from the way everyone was talking about it. People were way to hyped about it for it to be some standard super hero stuff. On the surface though it does look exactly like one of those DC\Superman animated movies.

Finished the series last night. Stayed up way late.

I was right, the plot is, Superman is Zod instead + some neat side character stuff. Comics may have gone past the point of being able to come up with new stuff whole cloth...

But I love this show. It picks all the right references and goes in wicked directions.

Last edited:
you’ll find out. They address this.

I binge watched all 8 episodes in a couple of days. My buddy had been bugging me forever to watch it. The first episode was the only one that was slow......until the final 5 minutes. Then it was HOLY FUCK!!!!! I knew the basic story before hand, and I knew Omni-Man wasn't who he was pretending to be, but I didn't expect that (and so early in the season). After episode 1, it ramped up quickly and I couldn't stop watching it. Solid 10/10. A live action adaptation of this would be bonkers.

@Dragonlordxxxxx @KnightTemplar

Come back to the thread and commiserate!! The big lion was my favorite part of the show. I hope he kills every single character eventually.

wow hot hater take right here

Oh man, I rate this show a 9.5/10, I'm not a hater by any means. I even liked the Amber stuff.

1 vote for a score of 1, abysmal

Gluehuffer

fitting username

Well he wants to conquer earth and have them join his empire he doesn't want to kill everyone on the planet and just leave. Apparently why he waited so long and things like that will be answered in later seasons because that was my main question. Why wait like 20 years to get all of this started. I think humans being a compatible breeding species also plays a big part into why Earth is special.

In one of the episodes he said something along the lines... (i put in spoilers just in case)

our civilization had to find a new way of conquering other planets and have them join our empire. When he was saying this, it showed them with a pile of dead Allen the Alien people

From the comics...in spoiler in case you don't want to know:

in the comics, that is why they wanted Earth, because the human species was compatible with the Viltrumite DNA for breeding

Come back to the thread and commiserate!! The big lion was my favorite part of the show. I hope he kills every single character eventually.

Oh man, I rate this show a 9.5/10, I'm not a hater by any means. I even liked the Amber stuff.

I'm more excited for season 2 of Invincible than for any Disney Plus Marvel show:cool:

From the comics...in spoiler in case you don't want to know:

in the comics, that is why they wanted Earth, because the human species was compatible with the Viltrumite DNA for breeding

He tells Mark that, "Viltrumite DNA is so powerful you're almost pure Viltrumite" even though his mother is human. This means the Viltrumites can potentially breed millions more soldiers just by getting busy with human women. That's why Earth is so important. Omni Man also implies they'll first attempt to get the human race to peacefully surrender by offering them "Medical technology centuries ahead of what they have now". Conquering the planet through brute force would be a waste of resources, such as human women to breed with.

One question/issue i had was how vulnerability, you think having that kind of power in strength, would make your body stronger. When they showed the battle of Verturmon when they were making it survivor of the strongest...they will still slicing people in half with their karate chops.
Even here on earth, the stronger person would be able to karate chop the a weaker person in half.

I know Vertmite are strong...but wouldn't their skins be strong too? Or are the all strength and no defense?

He tells Mark that, "Viltrumite DNA is so powerful you're almost pure Viltrumite" even though his mother is human. This means the Viltrumites can potentially breed millions more soldiers just by getting busy with human women. That's why Earth is so important. Omni Man also implies they'll first attempt to get the human race to peacefully surrender by offering them "Medical technology centuries ahead of what they have now". Conquering the planet through brute force would be a waste of resources, such as human women to breed with.

yep...he even tells Mark that he'll just make another son and re-do this all again in 17 years, hahahaha

Ahhhh totally misread your post!

long day long day

Battle Beast is awesome and I have high hopes they do his character justice.

All I can say is, just wait.

One question/issue i had was how vulnerability, you think having that kind of power in strength, would make your body stronger. When they showed the battle of Verturmon when they were making it survivor of the strongest...they will still slicing people in half with their karate chops.
Even here on earth, the stronger person would be able to karate chop the a weaker person in half.

I know Vertmite are strong...but wouldn't their skins be strong too? Or are the all strength and no defense?
You’re probably being too logical.

For this show, some things are “looking cool” > “making sense”

Back