Invicta's Announcement Delay Theory

B

BROKENSPROKET

Its a bit of a conspiracy theory, but I was driving last night and it hit me like a revelation.

Shannon Knapp is Chris 'Cyborg' Justino's acting manager. I think they were planning to hold a press conference to show Cyborgs weight cut to 135. She couldn't make the cut when they planned to make the announcement about it, so it has been delayed without explanation.

What do you think?

So Cyborg going to cut to 135 just to show she can for a press conference? Wat...

She's going to get a fight at 135 and then cut, otherwise it'd be a waste.

So Cyborg going to cut to 135 just to show she can for a press conference? Wat...

She's going to get a fight at 135 and then cut, otherwise it'd be a waste.

Trial cuts are hardly unheard of, especially if you've never cut to that weight before.

I don't get it. What's the deal of her cutting weight? I know it would prove she could make 135 lbs. which means a possibility of a fight with Ronda, but I don't think Invicta would hold a press conference for something that would benefit them so little.

I think if CYborg is gonna fight at BW she would do a test cut, Invicta isnt gonna put her in a BW title fight if they dont know for sure she can make the weight.

The delay could be they need a tv deal before doing another event. They werent making any money with their internet PPV, just dont see how they can keep doing events like that.

They need a tv deal to be able to survive, thats what's likely the holdup.

Spike, NBC SPorts, Fox SPorts, UFC FIght Pass, CBS Sports, Showtime would be the networks to sign them.

Doubt Spike does it, doubt showtime does it, not likely Fox does it. NBC, CBS and the surprise one FIght Pass could all be realistic options.

I'm still surprised the UFC doesn't promote Invicta when Ronda's headlining, show a bunch of Highlight reel shit and say its on fight pass,

I honestly thought part of the pillaging of the SW division was that Invicta would get some cash and a year or so contract on fight pass

I think if CYborg is gonna fight at BW she would do a test cut, Invicta isnt gonna put her in a BW title fight if they dont know for sure she can make the weight.

The delay could be they need a tv deal before doing another event. They werent making any money with their internet PPV, just dont see how they can keep doing events like that.

Spike, NBC SPorts, Fox SPorts, UFC FIght Pass, CBS Sports, Showtime would be the networks to sign them.

Doubt Spike does it, doubt showtime does it, not likely Fox does it. NBC, CBS and the surprise one FIght Pass could all be realistic options.
How strong are the fightpass rumors? Is their any actual good info behind them or just a BS internwt rumor?

How strong are the fightpass rumors? Is their any actual good info behind them or just a BS internwt rumor?
Pretty strong. Main source is Sherdog's own Greg Savage, whose credibility has gone through the roof since Alvarez report.

Showtime doesn't have any MMA at all on anymore ever since Strikeforce was dissolved. They might be a good option if they want to get back into the MMA business.

Its a bit of a conspiracy theory, but I was driving last night and it hit me like a revelation.

Shannon Knapp is Chris 'Cyborg' Justino's acting manager. I think they were planning to hold a press conference to show Cyborgs weight cut to 135. She couldn't make the cut when they planned to make the announcement about it, so it has been delayed without explanation.

What do you think?
Well, you could be right about Knapp managing Cyborg.

"Ever since Tito stepped down, [Justino] doesn't have a manager so to speak, so she has been completely bombarded with people trying to represent her," Knapp said. "What Cris wants is someone to communicate and negotiate for her who she trusts. She has asked me to be a part of it."
http://espn.go.com/blog/mma/tag/_/name/shannon-knapp

The rest I dunno. I really hope there'll be some good news soon.

Showtime doesn't have any MMA at all on anymore ever since Strikeforce was dissolved. They might be a good option if they want to get back into the MMA business.

With the amount they are spending on boxing I dont think they care about mma right now.

What doesn't Knapp just let us know?
I hate how quiet and how they never come out in public. Drives me up the wall.

Considering how much fight pass sucks, it would be the only reason for me to purchase a subscription.

You must be a weird dude if a pillaged Invicta show once every couple of months is a game changer for you.

The current Fight Pass is awesome though, maybe you saw it with the early free trial. Its much better now.

My problem with Fight Pass is that it's not available on all devices yet. Xbox has UFC but it doesn't show Fightpass, so I have to do some creative wiring to hook my pc to my tv.

The delay could be they need a tv deal before doing another event.

That would be my guess as well. But if that is the case, they really should be close to a deal as people outside of Invicta have made references to a June event.

What doesn't Knapp just let us know?
I hate how quiet and how they never come out in public. Drives me up the wall.
if they are in the middle of negotiations then they may not be able to say anything until the deal is done.

You must be a weird dude if a pillaged Invicta show once every couple of months is a game changer for you.

The current Fight Pass is awesome though, maybe you saw it with the early free trial. Its much better now.

More of a big Invicta fan. If fight pass is more like the wwe network now, then I'm sure it's improved a lot.

Back