Invicta on Fight Pass, so who's next?

TheShockmaster

Purple Belt
@purple
Reaction score
The press release said other organisations have contacted the UFC about a distribution deal through Fight Pass. Who's going to be next? Obviously it can't be any of the larger US based promotions like WSOF or Bellator.

My money is on the RFA. Good relationship with Ed Soares and they seem to be producing a good level of UFC fighters. Also, I think I read somewhere Chael Sonnen promotes a local event in Oregon and the UFC allows usage of an Octagon?

It would be good to see Fight Pass get some International promotions too like Jungle Fights, Cage Warriors, MFC, etc. but how realistic this is, I'm not sure.

Hope not Cage Warriors, M-1 global ore ONE FC just cauz I don't wanna buy a UFC FP to c them when at least CWFC and M-1 streams free right now.

I could see it for non-televised WSOF events perhaps - if the language in their network contract has any openings. But yeah, kind of unlikely.

I don't think the UFC really needs to scoop up footage from smaller shows, but I guess they could, in order to establish the other orgs as subservient.

OneFC seems like a candidate that the UFC would actually pay money for, given the Franklin connection and Asia being part of World Fucking Domination.

OneFC seems like a candidate that the UFC would actually pay money for, given the Franklin connection and Asia being part of World Fucking Domination.

apart of UFC recent interest for Philippines the heavies seemed not very interested in Asia after the TUF China disaster ... 1 evvent in Japan every year (but with good attendance), 1 event in Singapore and 1 in Macao with shitty attendance, while ONE FC do 18k attendance in the Phils ...

maybe they'll try it to begin to consolidate the UFC brand in SEA cauz actually is not very dominant ...

to me, it seems UFC isn't very interested in that area while they're pushing more in North America and Europe.

apart of UFC recent interest for Philippines the heavies seemed not very interested in Asia after the TUF China disaster ... 1 evvent in Japan every year (but with good attendance), 1 event in Singapore and 1 in Macao with shitty attendance, while ONE FC do 18k attendance in the Phils ...

maybe they'll try it to begin to consolidate the UFC brand in SEA cauz actually is not very dominant ...

to me, it seems UFC isn't very interested in that area while they're pushing more in North America and Europe.

Macau had 8,000+ and 6,000+ in attendance last two time, which is pretty good for fight night cards.

Having 18k doesn't mean anything because it is about the gate, not the number of people. Pacquiao and Rios didn't even have 18k watching in Macau and had a $10 million gate. I don't think ONE FC ever came close to $10 million gates.

Macau had 8,000+ and 6,000+ in attendance last two time, which is pretty good for fight night cards.

Having 18k doesn't mean anything because it is about the gate, not the number of people. Pacquiao and Rios didn't even have 18k watching in Macau and had a $10 million gate. I don't think ONE FC ever came close to $10 million gates.

It is a completely different kettle of fish when you're selling your tickets for a third of the price.

personally in this case is not about the gate but about the number of attendance and overall viewers, cauz isn't about getting revenues immediately but to make the brand more popular.
EDIT: of course they need to do a decent gate to at least be profitable, but for the rest to gain is better imho to have more viewers than more money, they'll come later too

It could be even free, but now that brand is far more popular and expanded.
Frankly I found a 6k attendance in Singapore not that great at all for the lone event in a year, btw starting from that they can get better numbers in the future.

Last edited:
personally in this case is not about the gate but about the number of attendance and overall viewers, cauz isn't about getting revenues immediately but to make the brand more popular.
EDIT: of course they need to do a decent gate to at least be profitable, but for the rest to gain is better imho to have more viewers than more money, they'll come later too

It could be even free, but now that brand is far more popular and expanded.
Frankly I found a 6k attendance in Singapore not that great at all for the lone event in a year, btw starting from that they can get better numbers in the future.

It is really hard to increase the popularity of a sport by trying to increase the attendance. Usually, high cultural interest generates high attendance, not the other way around. When you think about it, even if you get 18K to watch, that is not a lot when you think about how many people are in the Philippines. If you really want to increase interest and brand recognition, you need a good TV deal and social media connections. You can reach millions of people using the media, you can't do that with live attendance. That is why Top Rank is creating a boxing TV series in China and the UFC is doing The Ultimate Fighter. Because they understand that cultural interest will generate attendance and popularity and a large gate. That is also the reason why RUFF the largest indigenous MMA organization in China was so keen on getting a deal with CCTV even when they only have 4K to 6K audience for each event.

yes I'm referring to "viewers" in general attendance+TV

My money is on the RFA.

It would be good to see Fight Pass get some International promotions too like Jungle Fights, Cage Warriors, MFC, etc. but how realistic this is, I'm not sure.

RFA already has a TV deal though. So do most of the other higher-level feeder leagues in North America. Even a shitty TV deal is still better than Fight Pass. My guess is they'll concentrate more on international events that have no broadcast presence in the United States.

why would One FC do that? they are swallowing the UFC in Asia and soon everywhere.

SABATON !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:icon_chee

Joakim_Broden__Sabaton_by_Ovca89.jpg

Any org that does ippv's would be great. Not just mma either.

BAMMA USA, CFFC, AGON, Metamoris, ect..

Try to knock gfl.tv off the map.

ROC would be good, but they don't appear desperate.

Battlegrounds has a unique format, but I'd love a viewing option.

Should be RfA IMO. Could see wsof as ive always thought they were working together

Back